Author Topic: Noob asking  (Read 2985 times)

DingoMax

Noob asking
« on: February 02, 2009, 09:02:02 pm »
Hey guys sup? Im new to this Modding community and i have a few questions, i wanna learn some basic modding and im trying to add guns to my M&B. I have been looking for help and i know u guys are my only hope. Im using the Item Editor to do this since i already added the Strange boots wich were not in the game because they were removed. I would download a mod but i really want to try to do it myself. Ok back to item editor...

Well i just selected the Flintlock Pistol: (405 Flintlock_pistol (itm_flicntlock_pistol))

Flags: (checked ones)                 

itp_type_pistol
itp_merchandise
itp_primary

Capabilities: (same)

itcf_shoot_pistol
itcf_reload_pistol

Modifiers: (none checked... dont know why)

...and then i saw something on Triggers...

"-51.000000  4 600 1 1152921504606847100 720 2 1 27 721 2 1 36 1969 3 1008806316530991123 1 15"

Guess what? its not there anymore haha... but still i have no Flint and i have waited over a game week and event started a new game and i cant get it to work... dunno what to do. Help me out. Thanks. Sorry if somebody asked this before.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: Noob asking
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 10:47:04 pm »
Did you mark the little "show firearms" option in the Module.ini file?

(That's the first place to look.)

DingoMax

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 01:21:19 am »
I see... thanks  ;) i didnt knew but i changed it and i still have no gun.  :'(

This is what i did... (yeah, waited a week)

"display_wp_firearms = 0"  to  "display_wp_firearms = 1"

Got any other suggestion? I also rewritted the Trigger thingy back... no luck.

mmmk... there's something wrong going on (probably just me) i started to modify the module.ini file and it's looks like the changes i made doesn't affect my game... at all. Unless i got something wrong...

"skill_prisoner_management_bonus = 1"  <- Sounds like is the amount of prisoner u can carry everytime time u raise the Prisoner Management Skill. I changed it to "10"

skill_leadership_bonus = 1    <-- Same here except this skill raises the amount of armies u can carry everytime u raise it. Right?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 01:35:47 am by DingoMax »

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 01:42:11 am »
Those two things - the leadership and prisoner numbers - do not do anything in the current version of Native.  They worked in .808, and can be made to work again with a little programming skill, but just changing them in Native does nothing at this time.

Also, try adding guns and ammo to one of the bonus chests.  (Note: That only takes effect when you start a new game.)  That will at least let you go and get your weapon and test it.

DingoMax

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 02:01:14 am »
Hmm i see... :(  ill try that. Thanks for the help.