Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 3314 times)

Offline Spanky

• View Profile
Suggestions
« on: January 24, 2009, 06:08:23 AM »
Post any suggestions you might have for future versions of this mod here.

jon3546

Re: Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 01:34:25 AM »
Mount and Blade is a very nice game.  For the price, it's the best money to gameplay ratio.  Top it all off theres a massive mod community backing it.

To praise your mod a bit.  My friend is a major Total War buff, and I knew he'd enjoy Mount and Blade.  There where some issues like: a muddy map, poor armor types (some of those just looked goofy), and poor sound effects that where in the way.  The battle system is so great it almost pulls past all that, but my friend couldn't get into it.  So I got him to install your mod and that's it he has a new favorite game along the line of his favorite types of game.  I normally would never work with mods, but this one just plain makes M&B a greater game without taking the core gameplay out.  Less is more in most cases.

:green: Now comes the suggestion.  The only thing missing I can think of is the gameplay mechanic of being able to use a weapon (was the bastard sword in native) in both one and both hands.  I know the bastard sword was not in use at the time the game takes place, but someone said that the "sword of war" was.  I  loved to use a 1 1/2 hander for it's power and it's utility.  Being able to just drop your shield and cut down the enemy and when taking more hits pull out the shield without having to switch weapons is very nice.  It's not just tactics, it's about being able to train in both 1h and 2h with one weapon.  With one weapon comes less weight with less over all power.  All part of the balancing act that makes this game fun and what your mod brings out.  I fine this style of weapon use a missing gameplay mechanic and I hope you can add it to your next update.  My modding skills are low so I may be able to add it myself, but it light of your skill with this mod.  I want to see what you come up with.

Thanks

Morgwolf95

Re: Suggestions
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 05:46:26 PM »
I'm having problems playing this expansion, anyone plz help i'd really like to play it