Author Topic: Didn't see one, so, Happy New Year! (And RCM discussion, go figure)  (Read 25092 times)

Oroonin

Re: Didn't see one, so, Happy New Year! (And RCM discussion, go figure)
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2009, 05:57:05 pm »
You´ve probably all ready heard about it, but the formations scripts tend to slow down combat when initiated, so if you´re going to use them, please make them optional. The version used in the eagle and radiant cross not so much as in tk, why I don´t know. Having optional files for RCM has been tested in tld with no bugs I´ve encoutered anyway, so it should work.

Kiado

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2009, 08:03:21 pm »
You´ve probably all ready heard about it, but the formations scripts tend to slow down combat when initiated, so if you´re going to use them, please make them optional. The version used in the eagle and radiant cross not so much as in tk, why I don´t know. Having optional files for RCM has been tested in tld with no bugs I´ve encoutered anyway, so it should work.

Yeah, the more I read I think we are just going to go with RCM for now. 

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2009, 09:08:58 pm »
The blood loss script works good ... doesn't add too many complications, and is really no more "hard core" than RCM already.  It actually helps a little with balance when attacking really heavy armor, since wounding a person in extreme armor and then waiting for them to collapse is actually a good tactic (and one that was used).  Just be sure to set blood_per_HP to 300 (not 100, as in the listed code), because the first draft had bleeding about 3 times too fast.

I plan to adopt it as an integral part of all future RCM mods.

However, I will confirm that the various formation and morale scripts going around are all known to create some drag on the system.  Worse if you plan to use large battles.  Not sure how much system drag you are looking at already, but I will confirm the warning.

Oroonin

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2009, 03:24:47 pm »
Right. Formations seems more of legions-thingy anyways. Allways preferred bloody ruckus. Had a look at the southern realms ships?

Kiado

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2009, 10:09:06 am »
No big deal.  I am not worried about the formations and what not right now anyways.  I am only concerned with RCM right now.

Clegane, send me the items file you end up with for RCM.  I need it for decking out the Lords and just to see RCM in action on our mod and know it works.

Offline Clegane

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2009, 12:27:13 pm »
Im checking the RCM items_kinds1.txt, gonna take me some time to mod all the stats.

PD: Hmm, Ron if i send you the items_kinds1.txt (its the base one from the laast version) would take a look at it. Been comparing both files (the RCM file for 0.89 and this on) but there are some new items from the last vers. of M&B that i dont know how to balance.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 12:46:40 pm by Clegane »

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2009, 09:27:49 pm »
Yeah, give me a little time, I'll finish the RCM for Native 1.0x ... I got bogged down because I couldn't measure some stuff in BRFEdit (and Native weapon reach stats are often far off of the actual model), but I'll make something up and go on.

Then if you have any new items beyond that, we'll go from there.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2009, 07:38:38 am »
Guys:

Alpha version of RCM-Native.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VZ8FRAWN

Done mostly in cut and paste - so prices are not balanced to the new numbers.  Also, may contain errors - if you find anything odd, tell me ASAP.  I'll try to fix it as quickly as possible.

Kiado

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2009, 11:09:42 am »
Guys:

Alpha version of RCM-Native.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VZ8FRAWN

Done mostly in cut and paste - so prices are not balanced to the new numbers.  Also, may contain errors - if you find anything odd, tell me ASAP.  I'll try to fix it as quickly as possible.

Thanks Ron! 

Kiado

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2009, 02:00:36 pm »
Did this give you what you need Clegane?  You need me to take a look at it or anything?  I plan to at some point, but I can do it now if you need me to.

tommylaw

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2009, 02:06:39 pm »
you're going to love this...

i still dont get what RCM is...