login

Author Topic: Question about modding, something more complex.  (Read 3248 times)

Offline Ivdiness

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Question about modding, something more complex.
« on: December 05, 2008, 08:26:56 pm »
I have the following problem:

Question:

I tried to create extra hireable companions. I created them using for base the "tavern keeper".

(  ["town_18_tavernkeeper","Tavern_Keeper","Tavern_Keeper",tf_hero|tf_randomize_face,           scn_town_18_tavern|entry(9),0,  fac_commoners,[itm_shirt,               itm_leather_boots],def_attrib|level(2),wp(20),knows_common, mercenary_face_1, mercenary_face_2],
)

And edited it changing name, location, etc..

I created a dialogue, including a hiring contract. It ended up like this:

[trp_town_1_troop|plyr,"troop_accept", [], "That's fine for me, you are hired.", "troop_goodbye",(troop_remove_gold, "trp_player", reg30),(call_script, "script_recruit_troop_as_companion", "$g_talk_troop")]],

Ok, I go to the tavern, and here is my first problem.

1.My troop only appears sometimes. I enter, talk to it, leave, and when I come back, it's gone. I go back a while later, and it iis back there.

2.When it does appear, it appears in strange locations, like up tables, etc. I have put in location "scn_town_1_tavern|entry(8)" but it appears inside the tavern, in strange locations.
By the way, how can I now where is each entry?

When I talk to it, and hire it, the problem is that it stays in the tavern, it appears in my party, but also in the tavern, instead of disappearing from the tavern like every companion. (Of course, I left the city and went back, and it was still there.)

Please help me with this.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 11:46:34 am by Fisheye »

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: Question about modding, something more complex.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 09:34:06 pm »
Can't fix all of that ... but one bug, you're missing tf_hero from the line for your guy.  Therefore, the program is not flagging him as a unique entity.  That's why he reappears sporadically.

You're also missing all of that  "scn_town_18_tavern|entry(9),0,  fac_commoners" junk... so the system has no idea where to put him or why.  That also probably screws up the way the data compiles, which might account for some of your mystery errors.

Not sure what all of those scripts and such do ... I would have to check how the game normally does all of that.

Offline Ivdiness

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Question about modding, something more complex.
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 10:09:11 pm »
No... All those things are okay, I have them fine in my scripts, thanks either way, I can't find out what the ... is the problem...