Author Topic: New in modding.  (Read 2411 times)

Offline Ivdiness

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
New in modding.
« on: December 02, 2008, 10:16:52 PM »
First of all, excuse me if this isn't in the right section.

Now that is said, my problem.

I'm completely new in modding for MYB, and I don't know where to start, I don't know what system MyB uses... let's just say I don't know anything. Pleeease, I ask a kind soul (there must be at least one) give me a hand in order to get me started.

Thank You.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 11:45:52 AM by Fisheye »

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: New in modding.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 11:22:57 PM »
Start with the "module system" information on the Taleworlds board.  That is where to get the source code.  Then read every tutorial on this board and Taleworlds.  Between the two, it should give you a pretty good picture of how things are normally done around here - the graphics formats, tools you will likely need, whatever.  At least that will get you started ... and then you can experiment, and ask more specific questions with whatever you are having trouble with.

It could take a while.  M&B is really pretty easy to mod, but getting the big picture makes for kind of a steep learning curve.

Offline Ivdiness

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: New in modding.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 05:04:05 PM »
Thank you very much, I will start with that. If I have other more specific doubts, I trust I can post them here.

Salut.

EDIT: Woa! I can't believe I have never seen the module system documentation, even though I did check over and over the MyB and this forum, this was exactly what I needed, thanks!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 05:06:31 PM by Ivdiness »