Author Topic: Actions..  (Read 3185 times)

Offline Dain Ironfoot

• Master
    • View Profile
Actions..
« on: November 28, 2008, 12:25:53 pm »
Probably a silly question but is there any where in the module system which lets you define what actions an item type uses, or is that hard coded?

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: Actions..
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 06:25:43 pm »
Could you be a little more specific there?  What type of item?  And doing what to it?

I mean, weapons and the like ... you can do a lot of strange stuff to their animations without much programming.  (Of course, the way I did it was more like "jury rigged" than "modified".)  Anything else, I'm not entirely sure.  But either way, some specifics would help...

Offline Dain Ironfoot

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 06:05:59 am »
For example itp_musket uses the one handed idle and running animations, I'd prefer it to use the staff's animations but I can't do that without making it an itp_crossbow, and I can't get a decent animation that looks good with both muskets and 1 handed swords. Ideally I'd simply be able to define what animations an item type uses, but I really very much doubt it's possible.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 08:25:11 am »
OK, I see now.

The Module_animations.py file does not include a run with musket animation.  Apparently it uses the one_handed animation set, at least for you. 

Did you try adding the "itp_two_handed" flag to the musket in the items file?  (I'm guessing here, but that's the only thing I can think of, that might determine how it decides how a weapon is carried.) 

I'm sure there is a way to do that.  I'm sure I've seen it done before.

Offline Dain Ironfoot

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 12:41:55 pm »
No, that doesn't work. I have fiddled with a bunch of stuff in module_animation already and have finally decided to simply make my muskets crossbows. I've renamed the crossbow skill to "Longarms" and the firearm skill to "pistols" luckily my mod doesn't need to have both those things :p