Author Topic: Need help with Quest Givers  (Read 4658 times)

mbfreak2

Need help with Quest Givers
« on: November 22, 2008, 02:42:17 PM »
I have many things done on my new mod but what I really want is NPCs to give quests once. Similiar to Constable Hareck giving river pirates quests in the old versions of mount and blade. I made a quest in module_quests, but I don't know how to get a NPC to become the Quest Giver.

Please help me. Thanks.

Offline Ivdiness

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with Quest Givers
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 02:26:03 PM »
It's quite easy, though:

Yo create the dialogue you want, and between the consecuence brackets you write: "(start_quest,"QUEST"),
(setup_quest_text, "QUEST"),"

(Without the inverted commas)

mbfreak2

Re: Need help with Quest Givers
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 02:23:09 PM »
thanks a lot, Hey, I began making some quests for a mod and one of them requires you to execute an enemy NPC, removing him from the game.

Is there a way to prevent heroes from escaping when defeated? Here is a line of my code in module_dialogs. I think I have to change something here.

Code: [Select]
[party_tpl|pt_order_of_night,"enemy_defeated", [(eq,"$talk_context",tc_hero_defeated)], "Damn. You captured me.","relikwia",[]],
The npc I defeated is this one...
Code: [Select]
["thyr","Blaze","Blaze",tf_hero|tf_unmoveable_in_party_window,no_scene, 0, fac_order_of_night,[itm_fullmoon,itm_black_armor,itm_winged_great_helmet,itm_nomad_boots,itm_charger],knight_attrib_1|level(30),wp(140),knows_power_strike_10|knows_riding_10|knows_athletics_3|knows_ironflesh_10|knows_shield_10,man_face_younger_1, man_face_older_2],
Does anyone know what I must change to prevent him from escaping? Help please.

Thanks.