Author Topic: Onin no Ran port to v1.01  (Read 67704 times)

Offline fujiwara

• View Profile
Onin no Ran port to v1.01
« on: November 08, 2008, 11:06:32 am »
I've been going through the v1.01 module system. Because we made the decision to not port from v903 to v95x, there is going to be a considerable amount of work to do just basic port, not including any new features introduced between v903 and now. Don't expect a working release before the first of '09.

Devs: I should have a crude version for graphics testing in about a month or so.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 07:28:30 pm by fujiwara »

The horses tend to get their legs caught in the catapult rather than being properly launched.

emperor77

Re: Onin no Ran port to v1.01
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 11:56:26 am »
Did you not make a 0.903 version?

Aethelwyn

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 01:09:07 pm »
Thanks for the heads-up, ƌfujiwarasama  8)  My 2nd job has been a bit crazier than usual lately so I've stalled on additional modelling work, but if you have specific needs/desires (and some idea of a deadline, I work best with those!), feel free to jot me an email.

Meanwhile I'll continue enjoying the 0.903 port.  That one's still fundamentally solid and enjoyable, at least for me  :green:

Offline fujiwara

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 07:29:16 pm »
Did you not make a 0.903 version?

I don't know what you mean. I said v.903  8) ;)

The horses tend to get their legs caught in the catapult rather than being properly launched.

emperor77

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 08:01:14 am »
 :lol:

Texous

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 04:37:42 pm »
either way i am looking forward to this port, the wait will be worth it.

palmtree

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 01:11:38 pm »
I'm looking forward to an updated version. I've put M&B on a hiatus for a while but when you update you can be sure I'll be right back.

Your hard work is very much appreciated.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 03:29:04 am »
Speaking of work ....

Fujiwara, you about have that dev version yet?  (Because I figure some of us are going to have some work cut out for us as soon as you do.)

Offline fujiwara

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 10:45:52 pm »
Alas, no. Sick kids = no time to mod. I'm hoping to get some time during the next couple weeks.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 12:01:33 am »
Roger that ...

(Look at the bright side ... sick kids take a lot of care, but they're not as debilitating as being sick yourself ... which I have been this week.  Kids whine a lot, but they are really very durable, especially when it comes to disease resistance.  Just put enough aspirin into them to break the fever, and you're good.)

Note the stuff on a bleeding damage model:
http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,1579.msg31708.html#msg31708

I'm trying to get that tested and ready for our next version.  Concept by me, code by Amarillo ... testing and balance still in the works.  Update when that is all confirmed to be working properly (likely not today).  Anyway, check it out.

After the first of the year, I'll have buckets of free time - winter break for Chinese New Year, almost two months off.  Between now and then, it's a little more hit-and-miss.

(Side note ... not sure what's wrong with the kids ... but don't give aspirin for chicken pox.  Use ibuprofen.  It's a long story....)

Offline fujiwara

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 10:04:40 pm »
Allergies, mostly. Which means you have to tough it out, leading to lots of sleep-deprived nights. Being from OK, I imagine you know how that goes.

I saw the first stages of the discussion on the blood-loss model and was interested. Now that there's working code, I'm more interested.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 10:53:13 pm »
Allergies, mostly. Which means you have to tough it out, leading to lots of sleep-deprived nights. Being from OK, I imagine you know how that goes.

I saw the first stages of the discussion on the blood-loss model and was interested. Now that there's working code, I'm more interested.

You don't have to tough out allergies.  I fight very severe ones, myself ... and I promise that with enough antihistamines, you can beat anything.  Now, antihistamines have side effects, most noticeably fatigue and drowsiness - so those taking massive overdoses of them should not operate heavy equipment.  But with kids or anybody really sick, that can be an advantage ... sleeping better = good.  And even if they have developed a bacterial sinus infection, beating the original problem usually reduces the infection to a minor issue.

And yes, both diphenhydramine and chlorphenamine are perfectly safe for infants, provided you don't give them enough of an overdose to put them into a coma ... but you really have to work at that, oddly enough, as a dangerous overdose is about 12 times what the bottle says you can take.  You can go up to four times what the instructions say with minimal side effects.

Just don't give any cough syrup with codeine to kids.  They tend not to react well to that stuff at all, not even in small doses.  (You can get codeine cough syrups OTC in China ... somebody always has some kid sleeping three or four days straight, from an OD of that.  Of course, that was one answer for severe sleep deprivation as a result of the original problem ... but not a very good one.  Biggest problem with a Chinese pharmacy is that they let Chinese people in there.)

-----------------

I can't get that code to work with the older version of OnR.  (Haven't tested it on RCM-Native .90x yet.)  I'm guessing that some of those variable slots were full - but just randomly changing them tends not to work either, and I have no idea which ones are free.  Any tips on what I'm looking for would help.

It would sure help my ability to balance the damage numbers.  It should help a LOT.

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 06:32:06 am »
Is it all right for me to ask how things are going with the process? If it is all right, then see mentioned question.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2008, 10:00:48 am »
Is it all right for me to ask how things are going with the process? If it is all right, then see mentioned question.

Fujiwara is trying ... it will get done when it gets done. 

The fact that it's not already done pretty much says that the process is going slower than was anticipated or considered desirable.

Tragically, there's not really much that can be done about that ... so we wait.

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2008, 09:00:54 pm »
OK, thanks. Wasn't being impatient or anything, just curious as to progress.