login

Author Topic: Warhammer 40000 mod 2nd version bugfix released!  (Read 526358 times)

Conscript

Re: Warhammer 40000 mod 2nd version bugfix released!
« Reply #285 on: June 13, 2007, 06:59:26 pm »
Is it possible to make powerhammers knock back enemies?

Quail

« Reply #286 on: June 13, 2007, 08:17:46 pm »
As I said, in an earlier post, I can help taking any screen shots that are needed.

The curved chain sword is one of my favorite weapons.

Elpolodiablo

« Reply #287 on: June 13, 2007, 11:43:50 pm »
(eldar suck, and thus are last priority :P)

Good man :) I Just wanted more to shoot
City is kickin rad!
Thanks for the update.
Just to get this straight: You can only be guard or chaos?

Tuckles

« Reply #288 on: June 14, 2007, 03:14:24 am »
Animated images in gimp are easy, but I don't know if they can be converted to textures. DDS aren't layered afaik.

Nethoras

« Reply #289 on: June 14, 2007, 06:34:02 am »
sorry Quail I dont think we have such a big need for a screen shot taker yet, I would probably let you at it, but highlanders been rather dormant latlely, and I cant really release aanything without him.

and I know animated dds. files can exist, simply go into the textures file in comonres and look for the texture called "waterbump"

yes you can only be guard or chaos for now, though I think I may make orks playable, and tau to.

Tuckles

« Reply #290 on: June 14, 2007, 06:35:42 am »
Hey Nethoras, if it IS possible, want me to try making one on Photoshop?

It's just one of those graphs in the doc's office right?  :lol:

Nethoras

« Reply #291 on: June 14, 2007, 04:20:06 pm »
Is it possible to make powerhammers knock back enemies?

no, not that I know of, however I am starting to learn scripts, (its self teaching though, so its coming rather slow), but I guess it may be possible to make a script that, moved the troops position x units of space away from the weilder, and ensure that they are knocked down if they arent dead, I was actually thinking of a simple code that would allow power fists, simply making a code that ran every time youi entered a battle, it would check if player/agent has "itm_powerfist_glove" which would count as a glove, and then once battle comenced it would remove all items from equiped slots (excluding armour, and special guns and such I will make that work with the powerfist) and replace them with "itm_power_fist" which would just be an invisble poly. could be cool  :o

And tuckles if your willing to do that it would be awesome,  :)

btw: does anyone know if theres an npc limit for scenes, because some of my npcs refuse to show up... :-\

Lord.Bedham

« Reply #292 on: June 15, 2007, 05:42:08 am »
There is no limit.
Please dont make the orks and the Tau playabel, not jet. Make more diferent troops for the Empire. Mainly the Steel Legion(over cool :green:.)
Make the 2 Classes perfect before you make orks and Eldar. I have seen broke many mods on such incresments.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 03:23:02 pm by Lord.Bedham »

BrotherLucius

« Reply #293 on: June 16, 2007, 05:00:52 pm »
I must concur with our germanic freind Lord.Bedham. You should focus on only two factions to start, and then add them one at a time then following, never beginning a new faction until the last is absolutly completed. Size of a modification is irrelivant, it is the -quality-.

On Amazement-
So, when I first discovered there was a Warhammer 40k module, I was stunned. A Warhammer Fantasy modification was something I anticipated and would've liked to have seen, but the very idea of being able to wage war in the 41st millenium had not occured to me. Even greater was my suprise when I learned this module was not just a collection of loose idea's by some fans, but an actual product with -good- work being put out with an actual beta build.

While i'm not sure how you plan to balance the pure shooty awesomness of Warhammer 40k into a playable Mount and Blade-esque product, particularly when you consider the outrageous ability that a single Space Marine can possess if going by purely fluffy standards, I am very hopeful for this module. Good work. I would be happy to help in any way I can, unfortunatly I (as many well wishers are) are incapable with any solid coding or creation skills. I am however a font of Warhammer 40k Fiction knowledge, if you should ever require that for some reason.

On Legal Asshattery-
While GW is legendary for it's ruthless enforcement of it's IP, you have nothing to fear from that dillweed a few pages back. Believe me, if you troubled Games Workshop, they would've sent you a legal cease and desist by now through proper channels. Well handled.

On Yoshi-
Wow, he really seems to be working on pretty much every module these days, eh? ;)

Post Script: On Power Hammers- Instead of knockback (which would be an unbelievably difficult thing to script), why not just script in a regular chance for a "knockdown" that sends the enemy sprawling on the ground like hitting them with a horse or a particularly smart blow sometimes does in Native.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 05:04:27 pm by BrotherLucius »

Nethoras

« Reply #294 on: June 16, 2007, 09:18:11 pm »
hmph I guess my previous post didnt go through, sorry, sometimes my other comps internet craps out, often in the middle of typing a reply  ???, so I have that saved in a word document, as I do with other lengthy posts I make during a lag-fest, I'll re-post it either tomorow or monday, whenever I go to my grandparents, it should releive both of you, I also asked for a rigger, It would be a big help, since highlander is dormant often, and is occupied with a few other projects as far as I know. so if your interested respond.

Lord.Bedham

« Reply #295 on: June 17, 2007, 11:40:22 am »
I must concur with our germanic freind Lord.Bedham. You should focus on only two factions to start, and then add them one at a time then following, never beginning a new faction until the last is absolutly completed. Size of a modification is irrelivant, it is the -quality-.

Thath is wath i mean. But yu could say that better then me. My English isnt so good.
but wath i woult ask to. Do you feel up to make some Steel Legion things, they look a little bit like German Fallschirmjägers and W1 Soldiers.

Tuckles

« Reply #296 on: June 17, 2007, 03:39:47 pm »
Couldn't you ask Chel how he did knockback in his expanded gameplay mod? Check the arena in that mod (0.751), it's awesome.

Nethoras

« Reply #297 on: June 18, 2007, 04:43:51 pm »
actually I'm kinda thinking of a primative story type system, where you start of as a citizen in an imperial hive city, it will be possible to live your life however you chose, I am thinking of making a full out city, that you can explore, jobs will be available in different forms, anything from a butchers aprentice, a gamper (from the book ravenor), a delivery person, manufactiorium worker, Marshal, bounty hunter,and whatever else I can think of, different lifestyles will be available, but not chosen at the beginning of the game, oppertunities will arise to join certain social castes, and such, things like gangers (from several gangs), bumbs, the rich, the working class, wasters, cultists, and all sorts of colourful charecters, in the end, you will eventually leave the city (you dont have to) when you are given an opperyunity such as military service, or have become skilled enough to take your work across the planet. from there things go downwards as you are caught in the middle of a raging war.

*Important notice*
I need a rigger, I can rig fine, but I cant get my exporters to work, highlander can rig, but he's been dormant for quite a long time, if your interested tell me.

yeah thats the aformentioned post that got lost, and the whole power hammer knock back is useless, stuff gets knocked over by something so powerful anyways.

Conscript

« Reply #298 on: June 21, 2007, 04:11:45 pm »
actually I'm kinda thinking of a primative story type system, where you start of as a citizen in an imperial hive city, it will be possible to live your life however you chose, I am thinking of making a full out city, that you can explore, jobs will be available in different forms, anything from a butchers aprentice, a gamper (from the book ravenor), a delivery person, manufactiorium worker, Marshal, bounty hunter,and whatever else I can think of, different lifestyles will be available, but not chosen at the beginning of the game, oppertunities will arise to join certain social castes, and such, things like gangers (from several gangs), bumbs, the rich, the working class, wasters, cultists, and all sorts of colourful charecters, in the end, you will eventually leave the city (you dont have to) when you are given an opperyunity such as military service, or have become skilled enough to take your work across the planet. from there things go downwards as you are caught in the middle of a raging war.

*Important notice*
I need a rigger, I can rig fine, but I cant get my exporters to work, highlander can rig, but he's been dormant for quite a long time, if your interested tell me.

yeah thats the aformentioned post that got lost, and the whole power hammer knock back is useless, stuff gets knocked over by something so powerful anyways.

Very well, I can't wait till the new release.

Elpolodiablo

« Reply #299 on: June 23, 2007, 12:49:48 pm »
Is there a way I can get the previous version? The one with endless battle.