Author Topic: Warhammer 40000 mod 2nd version bugfix released!  (Read 561485 times)

Nethoras

Re: Warhammer 40000 mod 2nd version bugfix released!
« Reply #240 on: May 25, 2007, 02:07:05 pm »
I would have to play it to make sure...Sounds good though, but personally I like to have uber amounts of ammo, use it all up, then run back to my chest pick up more ammo and "ma" power warhammer and run back.

Maybe you could have a Ammo Store place where we can buy more ammo...Just a thought.

?? ? ?? ??

Are you asking for the chest in battles to be reintated, if so then,
no and for the ammo store, thats what the merchants are for, however I've upped almost all ammo's amount to make more fights more shooty.
good point, I was thinking of making equpipment handed out according to your rank, and removing sales completly, what do you guys think?

I think you should do that.

Also, am I the only one that sees no boots for the guardsmen?

No Boots: no, people have been complaining about that for like, since highlander released the last version, its been fixed BTW. 
And should we make a poll for the item system, I think that if you were just given equpiment for your your rank it'd be cool, and would decrease the amount of people running around in mismatched uniforms and shiat. Highlander what do you think? I think we should make a pool for public opinon on this matter.

BTW: welcome to the forums
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 04:11:31 pm by Nethoras »

Bohemian Nights

« Reply #241 on: June 01, 2007, 07:15:15 pm »
Posting in this thread to let you know that Games Workshops legal department has been notified for a seize and desist of this Mod, as it conflicts with what's legal/Illegal to do with Games Workshops intellectual property in regards to modding and/or Computer Games

It conflicts with:

General terms of use for GW intellectual property;

". Create, distribute, or use any material that is not consistent with the functionality, atmosphere, and parameters of the Warhammer universe as created and owned by Games Workshop"

It conflicts with:

Modifications, Total conversions, and games;

". Any game or mod must be a "total conversion." In other words, you must not use our intellectual property (logos, images, names etc.) in relation to the worlds, names, logos, or images of any other company. For example, you cannot place our Space Marines in a Disney total conversion using the Unreal engine, but you could make a TC solely using Space Marines with the Unreal engine. This is, of course, assuming that you have permission to use the Unreal engine."

". It must be made clear on any readme files, splash/intro screens and accompanying material that the game or mod is unofficial and the origins of the intellectual property must be made obvious (e.g., your mod might say �Battletoes � a total conversion for XXXX (insert game name) using intellectual property owned by Games Workshop. Used without permission...etc.""

". Any distribution (zipped or otherwise) of the whole, or any part, of the mod or game must be accompanied with the appropriate disclaimers and must also follow these guidelines."

". The game or mod must not devalue any Games Workshop product in any way."

". The functionality, atmosphere, and parameters of any mod or game must be consistent with the relevant IP."

Further information can be found on:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/legal/canandcant/1/

Apollon-04

« Reply #242 on: June 01, 2007, 07:45:50 pm »
In other words, they have to cancel their mod because their name/mod doesn't give your company enough credit? Couldn't they just add a readme file giving your company credit, and change their name to "Warhammer, A total conversion for Mount & Blade," and continue the mod?

Conscript

« Reply #243 on: June 01, 2007, 08:42:59 pm »
Posting in this thread to let you know that Games Workshops legal department has been notified for a seize and desist of this Mod, as it conflicts with what's legal/Illegal to do with Games Workshops intellectual property in regards to modding and/or Computer Games

It conflicts with:

General terms of use for GW intellectual property;

". Create, distribute, or use any material that is not consistent with the functionality, atmosphere, and parameters of the Warhammer universe as created and owned by Games Workshop"

It conflicts with:

Modifications, Total conversions, and games;

". Any game or mod must be a "total conversion." In other words, you must not use our intellectual property (logos, images, names etc.) in relation to the worlds, names, logos, or images of any other company. For example, you cannot place our Space Marines in a Disney total conversion using the Unreal engine, but you could make a TC solely using Space Marines with the Unreal engine. This is, of course, assuming that you have permission to use the Unreal engine."

". It must be made clear on any readme files, splash/intro screens and accompanying material that the game or mod is unofficial and the origins of the intellectual property must be made obvious (e.g., your mod might say �Battletoes � a total conversion for XXXX (insert game name) using intellectual property owned by Games Workshop. Used without permission...etc.""

". Any distribution (zipped or otherwise) of the whole, or any part, of the mod or game must be accompanied with the appropriate disclaimers and must also follow these guidelines."

". The game or mod must not devalue any Games Workshop product in any way."

". The functionality, atmosphere, and parameters of any mod or game must be consistent with the relevant IP."

Further information can be found on:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/legal/canandcant/1/

It sounds like you notified them.

Also, it seems to me that this IS a total conversion, and has a warhammer atmosphere.

Quail

« Reply #244 on: June 01, 2007, 10:25:20 pm »
This is a total conversion, and all disclaimers and whatnot will be included.

Highlander

« Reply #245 on: June 02, 2007, 01:43:24 am »
Bohemian Nights,
mind telling us who you are?
Someone from Gamesworkshop, or just a guy who does not have anything better to do than searching the internet for "illegal" mods?

Yoshiboy

« Reply #246 on: June 02, 2007, 02:18:30 am »
life sucks then you die I guess. God Damn, this mod steals so many sales from Warhammer it's no wonder they didn't shut it down earlier [/sarcasm]

I hope Bohemian Nights is just a random guy because I couldn't care less. Warhammer Models are ridiculously overpriced today and Warhammer probably makes millions every second.

Offline Ursca

• Deus Vult Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 02, 2007, 02:36:05 am »
I doubt that anything will come of this - the only thing I can see that violating their guidelines is the name of the mod and whether you've got the disclaimer somewhere in the mod/in a readme.

So change the name to something like 'Battle for Karatak IV - An Unofficial Warhammer 40,000 Mod' and add the disclaimer to the zip file and you're set.

I highly doubt Bohemian Nights is an official representative from GW.
If they took an interest in the legality of the Mod, they'd send Highlander an Email asking him to comply with the guidleines.

Bohemian Nights

« Reply #248 on: June 02, 2007, 02:49:06 am »
You're quite right, I'm just a random guy that notified GW that the mod does not comply with their IP.

Because I have nothing better to do? No.

Because the mod is a fucking embarrasment? Yes.

Offline Ursca

• Deus Vult Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 02, 2007, 02:57:59 am »
Sorry, but I don't see what your opinion of the mod has to do with whether it's breaking the IP or not.

Highlander

« Reply #250 on: June 02, 2007, 04:05:58 am »
Hey, wannabe policeman, I don't think you are in the position to judge whether this mod is good or not.
So, next time you feel like spoiling, please do that somewhere else.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 04:08:40 am by Highlander »

Apollon-04

« Reply #251 on: June 02, 2007, 06:23:55 am »

Yeah? And how would you know? Have you played even played Mount & Blade. Get a life. Stop wasting your time trying to make a mod thats legal seem illegal. Go fuck yourself Bohemian.

Bohemian Nights

« Reply #252 on: June 02, 2007, 06:43:33 am »
My opinion does indeed matter very little. Nevertheless, it still breaks the IP.

Yoshiboy

« Reply #253 on: June 02, 2007, 07:16:04 am »
Well in the end I guess the joke's on you, because I can't imagine GW give a flying fuck about this mod.

Offline Ursca

• Deus Vult Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 02, 2007, 08:07:53 am »
Eh? This mod does not impact GW's profits in any way, and the only conflict with GW's IP is the lack of a disclaimer. - which is merely a formality.
So the only concievable reason you could want to inform GW legal about this 'breach of IP' is to attempt to shut it down because you dislike it.

That just puts me in mind of a child that enjoys kicking down other peoples sandcastles.  :-\