login

Author Topic: Warhammer 40000 mod 2nd version bugfix released!  (Read 569130 times)

emperor77

Re: Warhammer 40000 mod 2nd version released!
« Reply #120 on: April 04, 2007, 01:30:07 am »
You can always cheat some more money. Just enable cheats in the configure and press CTRL+X in inventory window. :)

Quail

« Reply #121 on: April 04, 2007, 01:37:07 am »
or import your Mesoamerican mod character who has uber ammounts of money and ridiculously high stats because of hours upon hours of playing

daedalus

« Reply #122 on: April 04, 2007, 03:09:21 am »
Some bugs and suggestions:
imp soldiers [and heretics, i think] have no boots,
playing as chaos i can peacefully walk into imp outpost and military command[and take ork extermination quest...]
no loot,
Large bag of large bag of bullets [damage +254]
imperial mounted units are naked, armed only with spears, so in all imp vs. chaos battles with me involved imp's get owned. hard.

needs more meelee weapons[uber one hit kill weapons should be awarded by commanders after completing quests or killing lots of bad guys], ranged weapon damage should be slightly increased,
needs bigger troop trees, chaos/space marines should be recruitable [and upgradeable] imo

EDIT: when taking the prisoner to tau base and asking to exchange him for technology, game freezes
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 06:06:07 am by daedalus »

Highlander

« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2007, 06:34:08 am »
thanks for the bug reports, everyone. I'll fix the bugs and release a bugfix soon.

Nethoras

« Reply #124 on: April 04, 2007, 07:11:56 am »
-suggestions:I personnaly think space marines should be removed until you can edit skeletons, cos right now not only are they the wrong size, but they're massivlly underpowered, They get own by a kaskrin!! And the bolt pistol should be way stronger than the las guns.
Beast riders are WAAAYY to hard, rough riders have no armour, imperial bikers ride horsies. and ork parties are way too small.

-I beleive that grey "glitch which you speak of is an eclipse= cool feature

-I LOVED the atmosphere of the game, even though i kind of disliked the troops and items, the atmosphere kept me playing, it was so cool.

-how did you get the shells to come out of the gun like that when the guy reloaded/

- can I have that stuff? :)

Highlander

« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2007, 12:44:26 pm »
Don't get me wrong. As soon as I see some own progress of your mod, you can use them. I just don't want the meshes to be the maior part of your mod. The shells are particle systems.

Some of the dialoges need work. Almost all ally parties and some npcs in bases say surrender or die.
The ally partys do not. At least when I play. Anyone else having problems with it?

However, I finished a bugfix version, same download link.

Fixes:
weird gray glitch removed
Warboss Quest
loot
reach of the warhammer
language folder now included (forgot to use it last time)
Tao Quest freeze is removed (Note that the tao quest is not finished and it won't be possable to come much farer anyway)
bonus of large bag of bullets removed
outpost and commander aren't accessable for chaos anymore

Marcus

Re: Warhammer 40000 mod 2nd version bugfix released!
« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2007, 03:59:32 pm »
This doesn't deserve to be a minor mod any more... It deserves a sub forum in its own right.

Nethoras

« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2007, 04:04:15 pm »
Ok sure, how much do you want to see, cos I'm almost at the ingame screenies stage, all I have to do for models is 2 daggers, a flaying claw, and for textures the eversor and half of the vindicare.

For the shells I was almo sure it had something to do with particle systems cause I've seen many mods with some thing in the befs called something like particle_wave, but how do you assighn a mesh to a particle system?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 06:20:17 pm by Nethoras »

Lord.Bedham

« Reply #128 on: April 05, 2007, 12:04:19 pm »
I have a idea about the guns burst.
The Wappons in the mod have all a burst of 3 shot. And to make some wappons better it coud be have 4 or 5 shot each burst. The short bolter could keep 3 shot but there is 5 shot for the Imperial Assault rifle, and so on.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 12:12:44 pm by Lord.Bedham »

Nethoras

« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2007, 09:36:44 am »
Yeah I figuered out how to put meshes into particle systems,
and also on gun clips they should be larger, the standard bolt gun sickle magazin has about 15 shots and a lasgun charge has 12 I belive
Also I think you should get rid of plasma weapons, cos you cant have both normal guns and plasma, and I just seems kinda weird seeing the majority of troops carrying an expensive rare peice of equipment. Bolt guns and solid slug weapons can count as crossbows, and lasguns and alll that type of stuff can be a rifle, If you do actually make boltguns make them stronger than the plasma guns, cause the plasma guns were uber uber underpowered.

I would be willing to make models for any weapons you want, I already have a bolter and a bolt pistol of decent quality and Im working on a las gun.

EDIT:  :idea: I was thinking about the mod, and I remembered the chaos magical staff thing, that one shoots out nothing but particle efffects, couldn't you do the same for plasma weapons, so you would still have plasma guns and wouldnt have to worry about weird effects when someone put bullets into it or something similar, Just set the emit velocity to to something very similar to shoot speed, and make emit randomness somewhat resemble the shoot accuracy. would this work :?:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 09:44:39 am by Nethoras »

Highlander

« Reply #130 on: April 06, 2007, 10:11:22 am »
Ok sure, how much do you want to see, cos I'm almost at the ingame screenies stage, all I have to do for models is 2 daggers, a flaying claw, and for textures the eversor and half of the vindicare.
I just want your models and not mine be the major part of your mod, that's all.
I have a idea about the guns burst.
The Wappons in the mod have all a burst of 3 shot. And to make some wappons better it coud be have 4 or 5 shot each burst. The short bolter could keep 3 shot but there is 5 shot for the Imperial Assault rifle, and so on.
If you want to balance all the items, I'll hand over the module_items.py file  :lol:
Yeah I figuered out how to put meshes into particle systems,
and also on gun clips they should be larger, the standard bolt gun sickle magazin has about 15 shots and a lasgun charge has 12 I belive
Also I think you should get rid of plasma weapons, cos you cant have both normal guns and plasma, and I just seems kinda weird seeing the majority of troops carrying an expensive rare peice of equipment. Bolt guns and solid slug weapons can count as crossbows, and lasguns and alll that type of stuff can be a rifle, If you do actually make boltguns make them stronger than the plasma guns, cause the plasma guns were uber uber underpowered.

I would be willing to make models for any weapons you want, I already have a bolter and a bolt pistol of decent quality and Im working on a las gun.

EDIT:  :idea: I was thinking about the mod, and I remembered the chaos magical staff thing, that one shoots out nothing but particle efffects, couldn't you do the same for plasma weapons, so you would still have plasma guns and wouldnt have to worry about weird effects when someone put bullets into it or something similar, Just set the emit velocity to to something very similar to shoot speed, and make emit randomness somewhat resemble the shoot accuracy. would this work :?:
No it wouldn't work.
About the plasma weapons, I always thought they were quite powerfull, however, I'll lower their stats then.

Lord.Bedham

« Reply #131 on: April 06, 2007, 11:55:31 am »
It Was only an Idea, not a order ;)

Nethoras

« Reply #132 on: April 06, 2007, 01:13:36 pm »
no no, I dont think that plasma guns are too powerful, they're too weak, I was simply saying that they were even weaker than a bolter would be and if you do bolters make they're stats higherthan the ingame plasma gun plasma guns If you do them as only a special weapon, should kill most stuff one hit.

I was also wrong on the bolter, the standard sickle magazine holds 20-30 rounds, but that would equal about idunno 7-15 bursts.

EDIT: Semi wild/ possibly stupid idea, would it be completly bad idea for my assassin mod(let) since it does have "let" at the end of the title to be an expansion Pack type thing for your mod, cause It kinda seems weird now that I think of it to have a mod based on the warhammer 40k world and only cover a small obscure detail of it. your mod Is also just so cool. I will totally understand if this is a stupid idaea
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 05:34:27 pm by Nethoras »

Lord.Bedham

Quest
« Reply #133 on: April 08, 2007, 11:09:47 am »
The second quest with the imperial Guard. I was serching after the Warboss, and i find him, but he was figthing with some Space marines. I into the battle. Won. Nothing happend. Could you fix thath.

Highlander

« Reply #134 on: April 08, 2007, 01:00:29 pm »
EDIT: Semi wild/ possibly stupid idea, would it be completly bad idea for my assassin mod(let) since it does have "let" at the end of the title to be an expansion Pack type thing for your mod, cause It kinda seems weird now that I think of it to have a mod based on the warhammer 40k world and only cover a small obscure detail of it. your mod Is also just so cool. I will totally understand if this is a stupid idaea
Would be cool, this mod is lacking of quests.
The second quest with the imperial Guard. I was serching after the Warboss, and i find him, but he was figthing with some Space marines. I into the battle. Won. Nothing happend. Could you fix thath.
Well it is fixed, download the bugfix version.