login

Author Topic: Warhammer 40000 mod 2nd version bugfix released!  (Read 526561 times)

Elpolodiablo

Re: Warhammer 40000 mod 2nd version bugfix released!
« Reply #300 on: June 29, 2007, 12:35:19 am »
It was to young to die  :(

Quail

« Reply #301 on: June 29, 2007, 11:33:12 am »
It was to young to die  :(

Umm...What was? If your talking about the mod, it's not.

Nethoras

« Reply #302 on: July 02, 2007, 03:59:23 pm »
yeah the mods not dead, I don't know where you got that idea, I just haven't posted anything in a awhile, because I want to get the complete ganger/redneck vigilante range (my current project) finished before I post any screenies on them, however today I got bored, and decided to skip ahead to another project the Leman Russ here you go, it will be functioning unit with combat capabilities, I'm unsure whether you'll be able to use it yourself though.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 04:03:17 pm by Nethoras »

Quail

« Reply #303 on: July 02, 2007, 04:17:51 pm »
Nice...What's the polis and such nonsense?

Nethoras

« Reply #304 on: July 02, 2007, 04:34:20 pm »
2000 poly's, I went a littlle crazy on some details, but its not a big deal, because most of its already triangulated, and thers only ever gonna be 5 on screen MAX and thats really conservative, cos Its hard as hell to get these.

Conscript

« Reply #305 on: July 03, 2007, 12:30:01 pm »
Awesome! I can't wait to charge chaos with tanks behind me!

Sheogorath

« Reply #306 on: July 03, 2007, 11:26:35 pm »
If you'd like I could help out with the mod.  I cant model or script or anything, but I DO happen to be pretty well versed in 40k lore.  I'd be happy to write up conversations, background, give you advice on weapons and so forth.  I could probably write up a nice background bit for the whole scenario if you'd like.

Cali

« Reply #307 on: July 04, 2007, 04:04:07 am »
If its possible to play orcs, it would be cool if youd have to unite the tribes by killing their tribe leaders, challenging the leaders or something like tha, and after you have enough military power you can go and crush da humies? The Lemon Russ looks, great, how are you going to get it to work?  :shock:

Nethoras

« Reply #308 on: July 04, 2007, 12:45:04 pm »
thanks anyway sheograth, but we dont need any help on fluff sorry, some help would be really nice,especially in the form of a rigger though.

Orks will be playable, but I first want to finish the stuff I have now.

Nethoras

« Reply #309 on: July 10, 2007, 06:14:37 am »

Sheogorath

« Reply #310 on: July 11, 2007, 10:32:44 pm »
Ahem...
The most common Civilian guns in the Imperium of WH40k are stubbers, which basically means 'any gun that fires a solid shell', and covers a whole range of designs from STC-types to things that look like 20th century rifles.
Gangers also use autoguns, which are similar, but have a high rate of fire.
'Higher ranking' gangers will often have laspistols or other military equipment, scavenged, stolen, or purchased.

A suggestion as well...if you have the time, add a Genestealer cult to the planet in question.  They wouldnt be that hard (since theyre 'mostly human', you'd only need to do a seperate model for Purestrain Genestealers), and would use Imperial Guard weapons for the most part.  Plus, Genestealers are cool ;)

EDIT:
Basically, in regards to ganger weapons, you can make them look like pretty much anything.  High-tech shiney plastic rifles like in Starship Troopers, or WWII-Era rifles.  The Imperium if Man is big enough that trying to standerdize such things would be impossible without a working STC.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 12:57:35 am by Sheogorath »

reikhardt

« Reply #311 on: July 12, 2007, 06:44:22 pm »
Ahem...
The most common Civilian guns in the Imperium of WH40k are stubbers, which basically means 'any gun that fires a solid shell', and covers a whole range of designs from STC-types to things that look like 20th century rifles.
Gangers also use autoguns, which are similar, but have a high rate of fire.

sorry to correct you, but stubbers are not a gun "family"  but juste a modeal that enter in the solid slug weapons family such as the autogun and shotgun(commonly used by the adeptus arbites)

Sheogorath

« Reply #312 on: July 12, 2007, 07:12:33 pm »
From what I've seen/heard, pretty much every solid-slug weapon is generically refered to as a 'stubber' regardless of whether or not it is one.

Lord.Bedham

« Reply #313 on: July 13, 2007, 06:03:48 am »
Waths going on? In this Forum somthimes no more news over weeks. Could you post some new weapons, thats never bad. Im very interistet in the comlet new look of the Space Marines. Could you make some screenshots, thath would be very nice. :)

Nethoras

« Reply #314 on: July 14, 2007, 09:39:11 am »
what you guys say is partially true, but from what I read you well read the chart type thing
                                              =lasgun/cannon/multilaser
                                              |
                                         pure light--charged with some kinda particle=energy gun
                                             |
             autogun                 light---has a ballistic payload=needlegun
                 |                          |                                                                                                                         =meltaweapon
(unkown)--ballistic -- casless---energy--other----plasma= plasmagun(dur)                                                                     |
                              |                        |__________________________heat---produced through a mollecular reaction, and showing now visible flame
WEAPON---ranged--gun---has casings--no class=stubgun                            |
          |       |                  |---------------------------------------------|     conducted through flamable medium
          |       |                 is a shotun=a shotgun you moron |                   |
          |       |                                                                |                    | 
          |        ---PURGED BY THE INQUISITION                   |                   =some kinda flamer
          |                                                                   fires bolts-=adapted shotgun
          --melee---(noone cares right now)                          |
                                                                                   =boltgun

sorry if that chart was no help at all, but I already know what kinda guns gangers use, and what they are, I've already made bassically every gun I could find the necromundians (lol) using, but I dont want the underhives of this world to be a complete copy of necromundas, I just wanted some pictures oir ideas for new guns (mostly just in the way they look) but still stay true to the atmosphere, I was also looking for gangs, and no one has even touched that :-\ .
on the subject of screenies, I just have a little bit more texture work to do, befor I can release anything, I have a crapload of finished weapons, but I dont want to sho them of without showing the m with theiir respective owners.

anyway thanks for at least trying to help most people just kinda ignored this >:(

EDIT: I want to do Genestealer cults, although purestrains are almost impossible the cultists shouldnt be to hard.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 06:18:25 pm by Nethoras »