Author Topic: Warhammer 40000 mod 2nd version bugfix released!  (Read 414947 times)

Offline Lord Of The Sith Lords

• Craftsman
  • Leprechaun turn to the dark side (we have cookies)
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40000 minimod released!
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2007, 02:23:09 AM »
so are you going to have more races or just keep with the races you have and add to them? (Necrons > Tau :P)
if you turn to the dark side you get cookies, if you turn to the light side you get brownies, if you are both light and dark you are smart cause you get cookies and brownies, if you don't have the force then your stupid cause you get nothing!

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2007, 08:58:15 AM »
how does the picking up items work? something as the loot screen?
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Highlander

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2007, 09:07:48 AM »
no, if you walk on a dead body, it selects one item the guy has equipped and you get a question box like "do you want to retreat", the chance of finding a usefull item is quite low though (not to make it too easy).

Lotsl: I'll post the concept and a few screenshots in a few minutes including your question.

Highlander

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2007, 09:54:38 AM »
factions:
-The main theme will be Imperial Guard vs Chaos.

-The Chaos are mainly cultist + a few rare chaos space marines

-The Space Marines are going to be very rare, they are probably only going to support the imperial guard.
-Orks won't be dangerous for anyone, they are going to be outlaws.
-Tao will exist, but they will only be in some quests.
-Eldar and Necrons won't be included.

features:
-the player starts as a imperial Soldier, you will probably have the chance to switch to chaos later in the game.
-items can only be taken from the enemys while battle, not like in native after it.
-quite a few quests will be included, it will be like a small storyline.

map:
I'm going to use a very nice map Thorgrim made a while ago. It has 3 planets + 1 small one.

kerosima

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2007, 04:48:59 PM »
What about release date?

Quail

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2007, 05:38:06 PM »
Chaplin Interrogator Highlander,

Will there be an option to be recruited by the Space Marines?

To bad the Eldar won't be in it...

Anyway I really like the screenies!

About transportation between planets...will it be the you can control a ship, and can board Space Hulks  :green: (only if you do genestealers, or click on the option on where you want to go?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 05:41:59 PM by Quail »

Byakuyad

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2007, 01:05:58 AM »
well as a suggestion maybe the need for "bolts" for guns should be removed.. or at least don't give limited ammo, after all those guys in the game can shoot limitlessly :\

Highlander

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2007, 07:39:59 AM »
well as a suggestion maybe the need for "bolts" for guns should be removed.. or at least don't give limited ammo, after all those guys in the game can shoot limitlessly :\
I won't restrict the mod to any games about 40k nor to the tabletop game itself, I don't care if there are things that absolutely don't exist in 40k. (bullets will be limited)
What about release date?
24th July, 2010
Chaplin Interrogator Highlander,

Will there be an option to be recruited by the Space Marines?

To bad the Eldar won't be in it...

Anyway I really like the screenies!

About transportation between planets...will it be the you can control a ship, and can board Space Hulks  :green: (only if you do genestealers, or click on the option on where you want to go?
Space Marines probably won't be able to be recruited,
about transportation: click on the option on where you want to go. (at least for the moment)

Offline KON_Air

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2007, 07:49:45 AM »
Yay! Guards! Other then scale of Plasma rifle being at the size of a Plasma canon (if they are indeed plasma canons you can attach a backpack to player/npcs by modelling their ammo as a backpack and set it to carry_axe_back!) they look really good, a lot better then Space Marines! Also you know you can have multimeshes on weapons, make that laser sight semi-transparent!

Highlander

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2007, 08:13:03 AM »
it's not supposed to be semi-transparent, it should be like this
It should rather be a plasma cannon (of course not the weapon of most guards; it's just the only weapon I've modelled for them at the moment), I'm going to model backpacks, good idea thanks.

Offline KON_Air

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2007, 11:15:13 AM »
But they are tracers, it looks like laser sight on that ss, it would be cooler to have it semi transperant if it is always on.

Nethoras

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2007, 05:07:48 PM »
do you need help modeling i could make some sm stuff... and well i'm also making stuff for my dow mod (GALAXY IN FLAMES MOD) so i could rescale some of it and send u whatever u like.

oh and do ig turn in sm at a certain lvl, u should reely do that, like u spawn differnt at different lvls (grey knights and force comanders would be awsome.

contact me at Hot_GeeK@hotmail.com

Highlander

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2007, 03:56:55 PM »
If you have some nice models, show them to me and I'll take a look at it. No you won't become a Space Marine.
PS: Try to use less leed speak, it's not very popular in this comunity.

Offline Dain Ironfoot

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2007, 11:11:30 AM »
Hrmm.. I'm sure the decision to not become a space marine is all very loreish and all... but this is a game! We want to play as Orks, Space Marines n' all.. why not just have a starting race chosen ala Last Days? ... but then again if I were doing this I'd choose Orks and Eldar as my focus, simply due to the fact they'd work a bit better on the M&B engine and also utilise the melee engine a wee bit more, as opposed to the more shooty Imp Guard...

Highlander

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2007, 11:39:39 AM »
Hrmm.. I'm sure the decision to not become a space marine is all very loreish and all... but this is a game! We want to play as Orks, Space Marines n' all.. why not just have a starting race chosen ala Last Days? ... but then again if I were doing this I'd choose Orks and Eldar as my focus, simply due to the fact they'd work a bit better on the M&B engine and also utilise the melee engine a wee bit more, as opposed to the more shooty Imp Guard...
hmmm... the reason for some races not being playable is very simple:
The player needs a lot of different items he can get. If enemies don't have much different items, no one notices it. So if there are 5 different options, I'd have to make a lot more items than I have to if there are only two options.
Orks don't look too good in M&B (because of their human skeleton), so they only play a small role. Eldar are quite bad too, because I haven't made anything for them, yet.
But you are right about the problem with the high number of firearms, I need to find a solution there.