login

Author Topic: Warhammer 40000 mod 2nd version bugfix released!  (Read 561497 times)

Tuckles

Re: Warhammer 40000 mod 2nd version bugfix released!
« Reply #270 on: June 11, 2007, 06:59:57 am »
sneaky git message, prepare for a bit of necomunda in the next release

Public Service. How long are you guys to the next release anyway? Progress Report? :D

The mod itself is really lacking right now, the troops still don't have shoes! Also, will you be giving Rough Riders some non-native stuff?

Nethoras

« Reply #271 on: June 11, 2007, 04:27:56 pm »
soon hopefully, the troops are actually in the process of getting race/class specific boots. With that is the rigging of a few armours, I have to finish my first scene (screenies soon), and of course a polishing and a bit of bugfixing etc. so for the most part i would set the next release at about 3 weeks give or take, Im being conservative there to.

the rough riders I dont think will have anything thats not from native for a while sorry, well I did give the rough rider 'khan" a power cutlas, but thats about it.

I would probably release a new version now, but there are a few kinks to work out. You also shouldnt expect much more than a crapload of new weapns and troops from the next release, beyond items, and troops, Ive done very little, and thus the next version will most likly be largly incomplete,

p.s. Highlander is the mod leader, so highlander could easily say that he doesnt want it released when I feel it should be, so dont expect my estimate to be in concrete.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 04:47:54 pm by Nethoras »

Tuckles

« Reply #272 on: June 12, 2007, 07:40:20 am »
Beautiful texture there. Also, I like the hilt, very detailed. How many polygons?

By the way, I've been looking at pictures of the Rough Riders, their swords are awesome.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 07:48:35 am by Tuckles »

Nethoras

« Reply #273 on: June 12, 2007, 03:42:26 pm »
which rough riders, that sword is not inteded for rough riders btw, if you would send me a pic of what your talking about, depending on just how cool these swordsare, I may do them

Nethoras

« Reply #274 on: June 12, 2007, 06:32:03 pm »
sorry for the double post and whatnot, but I have some screenies of my half finished hive city hope you like, I really think we need sprawling cities as opposed to grey boxes I hope you agree.

The hive so far takes up almost the entirty of the map, on several levels, depth is one of the coolest parts of it, it has many different qwirks secrets, and quests, some highlights include merbas room (a soon to be recuitable mercernary/ex cop whatever I havent really made a story for him yet, npc) complete with a mulititude of empty beer bottles, bullo the butcher who sells the item "MEAT?" a rather high looking guardman whos on his break, doc chapman the brewer (soon with a quest), robberies, a manufactorium (quest), a police officer and a man trying to hide a body (quest duh) and a sewer (this is going to lead to awesomeness), and much more! hope you like

Cali

« Reply #275 on: June 12, 2007, 06:40:18 pm »
Wow, that looks awesome  :green:
That spacemarine armor on the last picture is the old one, right?

Quail

« Reply #276 on: June 12, 2007, 06:48:03 pm »
Looking good. Can't wait to take a crack at bug finding. (And hoping that there will be very little so that the public release can get out fast.)

Nethoras

« Reply #277 on: June 12, 2007, 09:41:48 pm »
yeah thats the old armour, thankks for the positive feedback, despite my told lack of  artful screenshot taking abilities, lolz

Quail

« Reply #278 on: June 12, 2007, 10:15:40 pm »
I could help with that.

great_duke

« Reply #279 on: June 12, 2007, 11:38:53 pm »
It honestly looks really great, perhaps you can post some bigger pictures?  :)

Lord.Bedham

« Reply #280 on: June 13, 2007, 03:30:07 am »
The Eagle looks fine, although it's different. It's pretty cool.

I have an idea.
What would you think of having Steel Legion replace the Imperial Guard's troopers?

Jear! Steel Legion rulez, but the imperial Guard is cool too. Maybe make some armor a helmet, boots and one Steel Legion body. Thath would be cool, but thath musstnt be.

Elpolodiablo

« Reply #281 on: June 13, 2007, 05:35:09 am »
Hello.

I love this mod but am slightly disappointed. :(
Can you add more troop types to the game e.g mutants, elder, melee troops for the guard and more types for guard and chaos
Also: the limited amount of ammo is bad
Cant wait for the next version!

Also: First post!!!

Nethoras

« Reply #282 on: June 13, 2007, 06:24:34 am »
Welcome to the forums Elpolodiablo, I have revamped the old version in tonnes of ways, I have actually just started on mutants, and there are already, semi-melee units for ig, for example a recent addition: the grenadier is a guy armed with a shotgun, and a high quality knife (kasrkrins use the same knife). Seargeants are the new melee backbone of the ig, they can easily hold their own in a fight, and I find them very efective once the enemy is in compat and is being swarmed by ig with bayonets, knives, the buts of rifles, etc, the seargeants come in quickly to diliver swift death via a chainsword, or power cutlas.

EDIT: Eldar have been lef tuntouched, I guess I could do some very minor work to at least get one of their units in game (eldar suck, and thus are last priority :P), and ammo has been changed a lot, you can buy much more ammo, but your troops have limited amounts of ammo depending on their ranged status, ig for example have lots of ammo to ensure they are shooty to the end, whereas ork sllugga boyz have about 4 bullets, ensuring they will pop a few slugga rounds into the enemy before charging, not stand there and try to have a firefight with tau (that would be funny to watch)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 06:28:40 am by Nethoras »

Tuckles

« Reply #283 on: June 13, 2007, 06:51:15 am »

The middle rough rider. Also, that's a nice town.

Can I ask a question? How did you guys do that interface? It looks awesome. Also, are you guys planning on changing that health bar to something more... sci-fi? The loading bar just doesn't cut it.  :lol:

Nethoras

« Reply #284 on: June 13, 2007, 04:40:39 pm »
oh you mean curved chainswords, I think that I may actually make that, just because its easy and would look pretty cool, and you reminded me that I will be dramatically reducing the amount of rough riders in companies, just because, well seriously there almost as many rough riders as there are guardsmen, and they should be merely suplementary troops. I dont know how to do those interfaces, well I kinda do, but yeah, I think the bar should be a blip/pule meter thing, (that green line that goes up when your heart beats in a hospitle) that goes across the screen, as you lost health, it would get more irregular and spastic, and really high, until you had almost no health left, at that point it would be really low, this would be much more realistic then a bar and all this would require is a simple animated texture, however I am unsure how to make animated textures in GIMP, maybye I will learn :!: