login

Author Topic: Warhammer 40000 mod 2nd version bugfix released!  (Read 557895 times)

Quail

Re: Warhammer 40000 minimod released!
« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2007, 01:24:11 pm »
Actually in the first release of warhammer minimod by highlander, it already is a 3-way battle, where you can be an orc, space marine, or chaos space marine things. Highlander also incorprated picking up items from dead people during the battle.

And I have to say that things get pretty hectic when 60+ soldiers come together and fight

Apollon-04

« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2007, 03:21:46 pm »
60+??? did he release a version that i wasnt aware of?? even when i click 20 from each side, theres almsot never more than like 5 or 10 people on one time out at the same time. Anways, highlnder, do you have a progress report for us, and I was wondering if you could post some screenshots. By the way, i really like the new interface, and i actually like the way his hand is under the gun, it makes it look like a large rifle that he has to support, awesome work!

Highlander

« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2007, 04:49:49 pm »
screenshoots? Ok

screenshoot of the day:  Your trustable and sovereign doctor!

Quail

« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2007, 05:24:49 pm »
60+??? did he release a version that i wasnt aware of?? even when i click 20 from each side, theres almsot never more than like 5 or 10 people on one time out at the same time. Anways, highlnder, do you have a progress report for us, and I was wondering if you could post some screenshots. By the way, i really like the new interface, and i actually like the way his hand is under the gun, it makes it look like a large rifle that he has to support, awesome work!

well...I was playing it hours straight and After a while the orc were totally decimated while there was about 30 space marines and 30 Chaos Marines

Mormakar

« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2007, 08:24:32 am »
How have you made the map? :o

Highlander

« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2007, 11:12:00 am »
there is an option to import obj's into Thor's Map Editor, I had hundreds of crashes with the map editor, but in the end it worked.

Apollon-04

« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2007, 02:31:20 pm »
I like the friendly neighborhood surgeon pic, id love to put my life in his hands! anyways, you said pic of the day, so will you be putting a pic up every day? because thatd be awesome 8)

Highlander

« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2007, 03:06:28 pm »
No, but today I do.

this is my character after putting his life in the doctor's hands.

Highlander

« Reply #113 on: April 03, 2007, 07:24:18 am »
hey, everyone. Just felt like releasing today, because I'll concentrate on other mods for the moment. This mod adds quite much content, the items might need some more balancing though. But however, I'm sure it will be fun for wh40k fans.

http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/PDdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=7&lid=400

emperor77

Re: Warhammer 40000 mod 2nd version released!
« Reply #114 on: April 03, 2007, 08:46:58 am »
Cool, but the map has a bug and these soldiers don't have boots or gauntlets.

Marcus

« Reply #115 on: April 03, 2007, 04:14:05 pm »
And you can't collect loot. either during the battle or after.  :-\

Nethoras

« Reply #116 on: April 03, 2007, 05:37:51 pm »
hit tab  ???

Marcus

« Reply #117 on: April 03, 2007, 05:41:46 pm »
Yeah but that takes me staright to the world map.  ???

Nethoras

« Reply #118 on: April 03, 2007, 05:54:39 pm »
Marcus:hmmm what can I say sorry.

Highlander, can I use some of your chaos, and possibly gaurdman meshes for My Assassin mod, some of them are uber cool and would Really speed up my first release. And could I use the loincloth from gladiator? I would make my own body meshes, but my smd exporter is fugged up, so rigging is out of the question for me. If this is possible it would be really nice, and would help a beggining modder (me)

EDIT: Yeah another request sorry, could I also use your interface temporarily, I want to make my own, but I also want to make a release some time soon. If you want to keep the interface private cause it makes your mod unique I'll understand.

Oh and you'll of course be put in the credits as a 'massive help' 8)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 06:16:57 pm by Nethoras »

Quail

« Reply #119 on: April 04, 2007, 01:14:21 am »
Reporting in here:

I was an imperial guardsmen

Bugs:
The map is a weird gray glitch. It grays some areas out, and when you move it moves it's grayness around.

I killed the Warboss in the "kill the warboss" quest, but when I returned the commander didn't say anything about, and it still said I had to do it.

Can't get loot after a battle, so money is extremely hard to get. I had to import my richest character to check out some of the better equipment.

The warhammers have a reach of 16...the marine knife has a reach of 42.

the eldar helmet with the crest is extremely hard to aim with :P.

Some of the dialoges need work. Almost all ally parties and some npcs in bases say surrender or die.

Short but sweet review:
Despite all that, I love the feel of this mod. I got up to the part when you capture the Fire Warrior sharpshooter. Very interesting.

Suggestions:
I think the formation script could be used here. Your call though. I just think it would be interesting having a formation of imperial shock troopers. (They probably would shoot each other in the back though)

It looks funny seeing the Imperials run with out boots on.

"Who's our commander, we look all alike!"

"He's the one with the bright red boots on. (and the mofo Warhammer)