login

Author Topic: Error preventing me from running mod  (Read 14047 times)

Shalak

Error preventing me from running mod
« on: January 21, 2007, 11:59:25 am »
     After I install the mod and try to run pirates it gets to Loading Setting Data I hear an error sound. When I alt tab the error says RGL Error get_object failed for: beard_f. I found beard_f in the skins txt and tried taking it out to see if it did anything then it gave me the same error for beard_b. Not sure what exactly the problem is just wondering if theres a quick fix I can do so I can try the mod out.

Highlander

Re: Error preventing me from running mod
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 12:27:35 pm »
are you using 0.751?

Ace Martyr

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 03:21:29 am »
I have the same problem, only im using version 0.808 :(

Offline Ares

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 07:59:01 am »
I have the same problem, only im using version 0.808 :(

That would be the problem, it's for 0.751.

Shalak

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 06:53:04 pm »
oh then yeah thats my problem as well thank you.

SlightFeelingOfRegret

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 02:26:50 pm »
 I have a problem which isn't exactly stopping me from running the mod but it is annoying.

Whenever I try to fire muskets/musketoons/blunderbuss or any other kind of rifle the game doesnt want to do it. For 3-5 seconds after I have released the mouse button nothing happens, then the gun fires. Pistols work fine.

The gun appears to get locked in postion during the few seconds but if i move the aiming cursor the shot fires where I'm aiming.

I have Pirates Version 2.5 and M&B (Full Version) 0.751.

Turin

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 05:07:02 pm »
I have a problem which isn't exactly stopping me from running the mod but it is annoying.

Whenever I try to fire muskets/musketoons/blunderbuss or any other kind of rifle the game doesnt want to do it. For 3-5 seconds after I have released the mouse button nothing happens, then the gun fires. Pistols work fine.

The gun appears to get locked in postion during the few seconds but if i move the aiming cursor the shot fires where I'm aiming.

I have Pirates Version 2.5 and M&B (Full Version) 0.751.
Thats just a MB problem, check other mods with guns(unless they are crossbow based)

Furail

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 05:25:25 pm »
how can i fix get_object failed for: beard_f error pls help

Quail

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 08:27:36 pm »
that is not a bug... I think that is how it supposed to be.

They are guns with fuses.

SlightFeelingOfRegret

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 05:54:49 pm »
that is not a bug... I think that is how it supposed to be.

They are guns with fuses.

They aren't guns with fuses. Why would the pistols not have them? Also, guns with fuses were bloody old by the time of the setting of this mod, the matchlock (one of the earliest guns, which takes time to go off) would be 150 years old, at least. These guns are probably flintlock, which did not take a significant time to light powder.

Pellidon

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 06:14:05 pm »
yeah, but the game thinks they're matchlocks  :lol:

SlightFeelingOfRegret

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 10:02:59 am »
 So why do the pistols act differently? Will this issue be fixed in the next version of pirates?

Offline Lord Of The Sith Lords

• Craftsman
  • Leprechaun turn to the dark side (we have cookies)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2007, 11:37:33 pm »
how can i fix get_object failed for: beard_f error pls help

Are you trying to port the mod?
whatever your doing try deleting beard_f in the skins text file then you should have another problem which would be another beard so delete that too
if you turn to the dark side you get cookies, if you turn to the light side you get brownies, if you are both light and dark you are smart cause you get cookies and brownies, if you don't have the force then your stupid cause you get nothing!

Silver

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2007, 08:47:45 am »
It probably won't be changed. Just hold the mouse button longer, and then after a few seconds, when you release it, the shot will go off, and then the gun will also point where you aim, and not just the projectile, it makes it a lot more easy to aim.

Yoshiboy

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2007, 10:35:37 am »
It probably won't be changed. Just hold the mouse button longer, and then after a few seconds, when you release it, the shot will go off, and then the gun will also point where you aim, and not just the projectile, it makes it a lot more easy to aim.

Its fixed for the new version :)