login

Author Topic: kidnapped girl  (Read 3543 times)

k3oni

kidnapped girl
« on: August 13, 2008, 04:04:09 PM »
Hey Nema,

Congrats for 2.0, just started to play it a few days ago.. have to say a bit to colorfull but still enjoyable :).

Anyway, about the kidnapped girl quest i am not sure if it is only me but whenever i get to the bandits to rescue her the only message i get is Leave when trying to battle with them, as yeah there is no way to just pay.. I am trying now for more the 15 days to go back and forth and battle with the kidnappers but nothing happens.. and i don't have to many evil troops..

Any idea?     

Offline nema

• ... what nema made was outside reality...
    • View Profile
    • Guardians party
Re: kidnapped girl
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 12:53:07 AM »
Khm, we are talking about her yesterday in topic where you put bug report, Just above it.
There are some guidelines. Good weapon, few sisters, brave heart and dedication to goal.
And yes. Be sure that you have with you always many, many low cost equipment. Enemies always take something when you lose. Overload of quality equipment you can leave in every inn chest. It is more safely.

http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,1446.15.html

Well.... what can I suggest.... kill them all.
It is true that quest is annoying, but reward is suitable and according to effort.

So, good luck with Laia Thai. She's nice girl.

k3oni

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 04:32:02 PM »
:) Yep just saw the reply about this on that thread.. Thanks

MoBo

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 03:29:33 AM »
Hi Everyone.
I'm stuck on the same quest and I have read this thread as well as the part about this on the BUG Thread. But what I don't get is how I can fight with the darkness (and the peasant woman, of course ^^) when I don't get the option to attack, just as Berpol described. I can threaten them, and when the window opens where you can choose to "Charge the Attack", I can only Leave. What am I missing here?

Offline nema

• View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 05:23:04 AM »
 You must get this dialog:

[party_tpl|pt_bandits_awaiting_ransom,"start"[(quest_slot_eq, "qst_kidnapped_girl", slot_quest_current_state, 0),],
   "Are you the one that brought the ransom?\
 We are not interested for money. You will die
.",
"bandits_awaiting_ransom_intro_1",[(quest_set_slot, "qst_kidnapped_girl",

slot_quest_current_state, 1),]],

[anyone|plyr, "bandits_awaiting_ransom_intro_1", [],
   "No way! You release the girl first.", "bandits_awaiting_ransom_b",[]],
  [anyone, "bandits_awaiting_ransom_b", [],
   "You fool! Stop playing games and prepare for die! ", "bandits_awaiting_ransom_b2",[]],

[anyone|plyr, "bandits_awaiting_ransom_b2", [],
   "I have no intention to die. I demand that you release the girl now!", "bandits_awaiting_ransom_fight",[]],
  [anyone, "bandits_awaiting_ransom_fight", [],
   "You won't be demanding anything when you're dead.", "close_window",[(encounter_attack),]],

I change dialogs a little, but as I see in code it must work. You didn't get sentences in this progression?

If dialog not appears as you can see at orange colour I can not help, but I will check in game one more time. Maybe I will find error.

Berpol said that he got:

So far I only get the options to say "release her first" and "I don't have the money with me".
OK I remove I don't have the money with me now, same as before option for pay. But release her first must lead to attack, I think.

P.S. BUG is there, as you said, but what is wrong? khm.... I will see :(

« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 05:48:48 AM by nema »

MoBo

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 06:13:47 AM »
You must get this dialog:

[party_tpl|pt_bandits_awaiting_ransom,"start"[(quest_slot_eq, "qst_kidnapped_girl", slot_quest_current_state, 0),],
   "Are you the one that brought the ransom?\
 We are not interested for money. You will die
.",
"bandits_awaiting_ransom_intro_1",[(quest_set_slot, "qst_kidnapped_girl",

slot_quest_current_state, 1),]],

[anyone|plyr, "bandits_awaiting_ransom_intro_1", [],
   "No way! You release the girl first.", "bandits_awaiting_ransom_b",[]],
  [anyone, "bandits_awaiting_ransom_b", [],
   "You fool! Stop playing games and prepare for die! ", "bandits_awaiting_ransom_b2",[]],

[anyone|plyr, "bandits_awaiting_ransom_b2", [],
   "I have no intention to die. I demand that you release the girl now!", "bandits_awaiting_ransom_fight",[]],
  [anyone, "bandits_awaiting_ransom_fight", [],
   "You won't be demanding anything when you're dead.", "close_window",[(encounter_attack),]],

This is exactly what I get. The problem is, that I cannot choose to attack when it comes to the Part with "You have encountered Bandits Awaiting Ransom. You have 26 troops ready for battle against their 101."
Maybe I'll just wait until a Solution is found.
Seems as if they are strangely not enemies to me.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 06:16:56 AM by MoBo »

Offline nema

• View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 07:01:46 AM »
I fix it now. It looks like that we like farm girls to much, so we can not attack them. Now we can.
I will upload new version, and prepare upgrade.

Thanks again to report this stupid bug.

MoBo

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 07:05:19 AM »
No Problem. I am merely egoistic since I want to play the mod.  :green:

Offline nema

• View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 07:20:58 AM »
I hope that with new settings you can continue mod where you stopped. But I am not so sure if in already played game, new polearms will apeare. But new desert will.