Author Topic: Guardians party for 960 POST BUGS REPORT HERE PLEASE last bugfix 2.1.0  (Read 15213 times)

Offline Berpol

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Guardians party for 960 POST BUGS REPORT HERE PLEASE last bugfix 2.0.9a
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2008, 04:54:01 AM »
Is that intentional?
I got the quest to find the "kidnapped girl" from one of the sisters (nema I think, can't remember).
I go to one of the cities and immediately get the quest to resque the kidnapped girl (ransom 280 denar).
I go the the named village and find:
  • 1 peasant woman
  • 100 darkness
  • 1 kidnapped girl (prisoner)
When I talk to the peasant woman I neither get the option to pay the ransom nor the option to attack (I would loose a fight of course). I have enough money so I guess I missed something (talking to a sister or such). So far I only get the options to say "release her first" and "I don't have the money with me".

I hope I have the time today to try out some things. (I got Drakensang yesterday ;) )
Schadenfreude ist die ehrlichste Form von Mitleid.

Offline nema

• ... what nema made was outside reality...
    • View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2008, 06:54:23 AM »
Everything looks allright. You must fight with them over and over again. There is no negotiation with them. Maybe there is a way to trick darkness, but there is no way to trick peasant women.  >:D

Small tip for fights. You have 5 sisters or more with you. Other troops will gone after you loose.
First - ask Durdana for healing.
Second - ask nema for troops. It is good to have a loot of troops even peasant. Lets enemy fight with them. They can defence good position.

It is bad luck because fire arms don't work as it must. Maybe in 1.0.0. of M&B.  Book of Deads is always good solution, but it is also firearm.
Did you find magick books. Some of them are very usefull. When you get them, fights will become child game. Maybe even to easy game.

It is so in world of dreams, on one way things looks impossible, but if you find right thing, if you talk with right pearson, if you find right passage or chest, everything can change.

k3oni

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2008, 06:49:01 PM »
Please see this errors.. sometimes they are flooding my screen and nowadays they are showing only in game log:

Also since 1 day ago i can not see any information being shown on the game screen like what town is being attacked or who did i kill, what difficulty shot i had and such and yes this are enabled.

Not sure if related to 960 or GP2 though.

Offline nema

• View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2008, 01:04:16 AM »
Is there something other wrong when this error come. Or it just come and go.

It is probably my bug. I will check, but I will not promise nothing.

Are you maybe already catch some lord or knight?

i can not see any information being shown on the game screen  :( I don't know what I can do.
Any way 2.0. is simply porting from 905 version and I confess it is more preparing for GP3 for M&B 1.0.0.
There are so many differences between 905 and 960. (indeed 2.0 is GP for 905, same as 1.0. is version for 808)
I hope that 1.0.0. will be closely to 960.

(note for nema.
  # Respawn hero party after kingdom hero is released from captivity.
 in module simple triggers.
What if he/she fight along your side. - You get error - check it out

try this:

(neg|troop_slot_eq, ":troop_no", slot_troop_occupation,

slto_player_companion),
)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 02:28:51 AM by nema »

k3oni

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2008, 04:35:45 PM »
Hey Nema,

Yes i have a few lords along my side and it is coming and going... Since i can not see anything on the screen anymore(informations on the game status and other parties) i don't see the errors also. It is just that it is annoying not to be able to see when one of my towns or villages is being attacked and so on :( .

k3oni

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2008, 04:55:29 PM »
Seems that the error i posted may be because of .960 and not of the mod, not sure 100% though.

Offline nema

• View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2008, 01:30:44 AM »
Since i can not see anything on the screen anymore

In the case of version bug you can try to reinstall mod or maybe even M&B. I think that you can not loose any information.

But posted bug is rather coming from Respawn hero party after kingdom hero is released from captivity. I try a little and it looks like it will work, but I saw that double capturing of kingdom lords is still there. :-\ My bug fix is not completed yet. :(

Offline nema

• View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2008, 07:16:33 AM »

Fix for Kidnapped girl quest.
fix for Doubled kingdom lords capturing (working this time)

new:
desert by DeBlade
12 new polearms

k3oni

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2008, 05:41:06 PM »
Will try the new release today  ;)

Offline nema

• View Profile
    • Guardians party
Re: Guardians party for 960 POST BUGS REPORT HERE PLEASE last bugfix 2.1.0
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2008, 08:49:16 AM »
Maybe today is better day to download. I made small fixes for new polearms. Check for last update.

k3oni

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2008, 10:53:20 AM »
Good to know, thanks :)

By the way, good job for all the work you put in this mods  ;)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 10:57:23 AM by k3oni »

Offline nema

• View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2008, 01:38:30 PM »
Yeah, thanks. It is become so big, that it is hard to control it.

Diff_1

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2008, 08:57:44 PM »
Possible bug:
Sometimes when going to a big main city when you click enter then walk the streets it transports you outside the city walls and the gates are closed so you can't get in. If this happens you can just hit "tab" and choose walk the streets again and it will bring you inside then. Not a big bug if it is even one as it can be remedied easily from in game.

Just tried to pinpoint it and it seems to happen only at night, maybe it happens when it is trying to spawn the bandits at night in the cities from native game. Not sure on that though you would know better than I would.

Also don't believe this is a bug per say but I keep getting script errors now after finally getting Laia Thai back.
Heres a screencap of the error: Any idea what is causing it, just annoying does not seem to effect any game play from what I can tell.
http://images1.filecloud.com/751260/GP%20script%20error.jpg

Also here is a cap of everyone I have in my party in case that matters:
http://images1.filecloud.com/751261/Party%20members.jpg

Oh one more possible bug, sometimes when buying a drink from the innkeepers you click on buy a drink but nothing happens. They tell you nothing and you can't get out of the window either by left clicking. Only remedy is to alt+tab out of the game and close it from the taskbar, then restart the game.

Great, fun and sometimes frustrating mod by the way. ;)
Can't wait to see where it goes once the game is finally released retail in North America on September 16 and in Europe on September 19, 2008.  8)

« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 09:05:12 PM by Diff_1 »

Offline nema

• View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2008, 06:35:00 AM »
For M&B 1.0. I will rebuild this mod. This is mod for 808 and mostly simply portings were made for upper versions.

I will first put alpha channels to all textures. I will put there new female armors.  Most weapons will be retextureing. I will fit many to big weapons, and of course I will expand story and make it more logical. I think that I will also leave most of borrowed stuff behind me. Some of them are now to low resolution. Also during all this time I get many things especially for this mod.
All scripting will be write again  ??? for module system 1.0. Simply portings brings to many troubles.

Because 1.0. is so close, I will not work on debugging of 2.0. for 960 any more. A lot of upper things are already done, but let they wait for 1.0..

Thanks for give me bugs report. It is not wasting of time, I will be more carefull when I will writing new code.

By the way, chest with lost guardian treasure is a basement chest. Isn't there really treasure? And isn't it lost there?

Diff_1

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2008, 01:48:08 PM »
Yea I found the guardian treasure as I stated in my thread about nema's basement. So thanks for all the help with that.

Not much use reporting these as you are going to wait for final release of native to take this mod further so I'll just list it as things to look out for and some were probably mentioned already.

#1 Most of the sieges just go straight to victory without you having to even fight or the siege never goes to anything you can just wait days and days or until a party of 300+ Darkness stumbles upon you.

#2 Also upon sieging the last city on the map, Tir in my case the game just freezes. Don't know if others have this trouble as well or it is related to the script errors i was receiving but just putting it in for FYI.

As I said no need to reply on any of the above if you don't want to as you are going to start afresh with this well thought out mod it seems.

Looking forward to your bigger and better GP mod after they release the final game.
Good luck and may the scripting gods favor you, but above all have fun with it.  :D

P.S. By the way thought maybe you were gone on Vacation/Holiday and was going to ask everyone in here if they wanted to throw a wild party in here while the Chaperone (you) was gone. ;) :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 01:51:01 PM by Diff_1 »