Author Topic: Bug Reports for v0.6.5  (Read 32816 times)

Offline fujiwara

• View Profile
Bug Reports for v0.6.5
« on: July 23, 2008, 10:42:10 pm »
Please post bug reports for v0.6.5 only here. Apologies in advance if something slipped through the cracks.

The horses tend to get their legs caught in the catapult rather than being properly launched.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: Bug Reports for v0.6.5
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 02:15:22 am »
Freeze on coin exchanger.  I didn't have anything to exchange - just starting out, after all - and it froze on "left click to continue"

Elhant

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 06:18:30 am »

Script error when talking with Hosokawa lord in Takase.
Bushi, Hosokawa faction, before river pirate quest.
I got introduction letter as usual.
----------------------------------------------
Greetings to everyone, it`s my first post on this forum. ONR is my favorite mod for m&b and i`ll try to help you ( at least with bug hunting).

Edit: same bug in Sakai after completed introduction quest.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 06:41:03 am by Elhant »

Aethelwyn

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 07:17:05 am »
Ooh, another update already!  Huzzah!

Fujiwara, did you make any changes to the dojo quests?  I ask because I'm almost finished testing that out in 0.6.4 -- and confirmed that you can build a party of 8 "heroes" exclusively via that route, but NOT be recognised as a "master of the eight schools."  I was going to test Yamamatsu next.  No idea if that's relevant or not still.  Let me know if I should finish up with that in .4 and assume it applies to .5, or if I should just start from scratch in the newest build.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 07:37:52 am »
Ooh, another update already!  Huzzah!

Fujiwara, did you make any changes to the dojo quests?  I ask because I'm almost finished testing that out in 0.6.4 -- and confirmed that you can build a party of 8 "heroes" exclusively via that route, but NOT be recognised as a "master of the eight schools."  I was going to test Yamamatsu next.  No idea if that's relevant or not still.  Let me know if I should finish up with that in .4 and assume it applies to .5, or if I should just start from scratch in the newest build.

Yeah, sort of confirm that ... I didn't get the "you are kengo" routine in 0.6.4 either.  I'll check it again in 0.6.5 - but if it hasn't been fixed, no reason to assume it got better on its own.

Aethelwyn

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 08:10:41 am »
Yeah, sort of confirm that ... I didn't get the "you are kengo" routine in 0.6.4 either.  I'll check it again in 0.6.5 - but if it hasn't been fixed, no reason to assume it got better on its own.

If you beat me to it Ron, it seemed the "seeker" was looking for one of three possible things:

1) You had Yamamatsu in your party (which I haven't tested in isolation yet, in any version of the game)
2) You had Akikane (who was the last NPC I picked up, when first noticing things were off)
3) You had collected ALL NPCs into your party (which might be why I thought Akikane was the requisite before, since he happened to be the last one I signed on previously)

If you test one or more of these scenarios, let us know, and I or someone else can test the other(s) if needed :)

Elhant

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 08:56:50 am »
Game crushed while loading savegame with RGL error:
load error: Number of triggers in file 72,exceeds 69.
On next try this game loaded normally.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 08:58:06 am »
Game crushed with RGL error:
load error: Number of triggers in file 72,exceeds 69.
On next try this game loaded normally.

Did you try to load an old savegame?  Because it should do that, if you did.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 10:01:40 am »
Hey, were the kunai supposed to be thrown weapons?  Because, while there are a couple of types of shruiken that look a little bit like them, I really thought they were supposed to be more of a dagger/truncheon sort of device.  I mean, it was a garden spade ... hardly a well-balanced design.  While the heavy shruiken that looked somewhat like them were much more nose-heavy, for throwing.

I can model those really heavy bo shruiken, if you want them ... but I think our terms are off somewhere.

Elhant

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 11:23:23 am »

No i deleted saves after instaling new version. it loaded after system restart.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 11:30:45 am »

No i deleted saves after instaling new version. it loaded after system restart.

Then there's like no mechanical way that could happen.

Has ANYBODY else seen that bug?  Can you replicate it?

Because that makes no sense at all.

Offline fujiwara

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 02:03:36 pm »
Kunai: I've seen them used as both, but as you say, they're garden spades, so they're going to be a little off.

Moneychanger: can anyone else confirm this dialog bug? I tested the heck out of that...

Shoen: anyone notice any of the old bugs?

Will look into kengo bugs...

The horses tend to get their legs caught in the catapult rather than being properly launched.

Aethelwyn

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 10:15:10 pm »
1) I tested the shoen a bit -- not as systematically as before, but I was able to buy and sell with no problems on the same day.  I was also able to collect dividends on my Itami holdings from the Hyogo sake merchant, instead of going to Chikauni.  I haven't tried doing that from another city yet, but we seem to be in pretty good shape here :)

2) I was able to use the money changer with no trouble.  The menu options changed based on what I had in my inventory.  However, once you're at the point of exchange, there's no "never mind;" that would be good to have, particularly for those who don't know what they're doing yet.  Also, if you exchange strings of mon for mon and have one string in your inventory, the dialogue options are skipped -- the exchange is made right away.  Fine logic, but it's always good to let someone back out of that in case they sneezed and mis-clicked or something.

EDIT:  Forgot to point out the obvious -- at the moment there appears to be no reason whatsoever to get mon converted to strings or koban, unless perhaps one has insane trade skill.  The hit taken at exchange is reasonable, but if you go to buy anything, your strings of cash are counted as a trade good... and thus much devalued.  To be worthwhile there will need to be goods one can only buy with the "money items;" otherwise you'll need to have a script that does something like checks the # of each "money item" at the start of a transaction and compares it to the # afterward, and calculates some reimbursement based on your trade skill to make up for the loss.  Of course, they're still great loot items -- and should probably be found instead of thousands of mon when raiding villages.

3) Started working on another dojo run so I haven't delved into the missions yet.  I peeked at the "job board."  It makes for good gameplay, but I'm not sure it's great flavour; it makes it seem like the kokujin is horridly under-staffed and desperate for help  :green:  Ultimately (and maybe this should go in "suggestions instead") I wonder if it's better to think of these jobs as "favours."  Start with little inconsequential things for little or no reward, and eventually ingratiate one's way to being a confidante entrusted with important tasks (with higher reward for success, and serious consequences for failure).  But again, that's more suggestion than bug.

Other random things I noticed:

4) The new gatehouse at towns is a good start.  Texturing is a little "stretched" and flat, but more importantly I noticed a bit of poor triangulation on the inside of the balcony (below).  Incidentally, bows work great from up there, and whenever city raids are implemented these gates are going to be painful to cope with  >:D

5) In the village raid scene I noticed a floating banner.  I hesitate to mention it since I'm guessing this is a placeholder anyway.

EDIT: fixed slipped image tag.

6) Speaking of village raids, they don't seem to affect reknown or other reputation metrics at all.  Not sure if this is feature, bug, or "yeah, we'll get to that eventually."

7) A couple of times, my map view mysteriously focused on other towns.  The second time that happened, it seemed related to intelligence missions spawning.  I didn't see any parties on the map when I turned on the visibility cheat though.  Not sure what's up with that.

8 ) The enhanced loot tables are great.  Maybe a bit overkill, but then again I don't think all the money-sinks planned are implemented yet.

9) I don't see it mentioned, but for me all the kunai models seem to be invisible.  The only way I can tell when a character is using it is because when I draw the mouse back for a stab attack, her arm goes up above her head for a slash -- when unarmed she draws back for a jab.

That's all for now.  Grats on nailing down the shoen quirkiness, that was really really odd  8)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 11:33:40 am by Aethelwyn »

Elhant

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2008, 03:16:33 am »
Moneychanger: can anyone else confirm this dialog bug? I tested the heck out of that...
Confirmed, it hapens only if you don't have 100mon or string of mon for exchange.
Also some towns are missing coin exchange and sake merchants, if thats not planned i can make list.

Has ANYBODY else seen that bug?  Can you replicate it?

Because that makes no sense at all.
I haven`t got that again.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2008, 04:42:35 am »
We've still got the "see (player) in (player's party)" about investing in the shoen bug.

Edit:

Also, when the purple blurb comes up "(faction) will mount an intelligence mission.  Spy party spawned" ... the camera cuts to the spy party, and you have to fool with it for a bit to get it to focus back on the player party.

(They must not be very good spies, to attract the undivided attention of my guys from halfway across Japan.)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 05:27:58 am by Ron Losey »