login

Author Topic: [NEW] Bugs  (Read 12688 times)

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
[NEW] Bugs
« on: June 25, 2008, 12:53:06 AM »
Report any bugs you find in this thread!

Regards,
Ryan

Offline Ares

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: [NEW] Bugs
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 08:41:16 AM »
It's looking like none of the new modifiers (strong, exquisite etc.) are making any difference to weapon stats. I've obviously not gone through everything but it affects all the swords I've checked plus most of the melee weapons. I don't know about missile weapons, I haven't checked them. Also, the only wood that's recognised at the fletchers is plain wood, I've not managed to make anything out of oak or yew.

Lucassith

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 08:57:35 AM »
Hi. I got some problems with this mod.
1.When i go to place where i can make an arrows, and after some options i must choose "material for arrows" to make it but i dont have any buttons to choose any option :/ (city Tihr, i have no materials in inventory)

Here is screenshot http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/9205/bugat8.jpg (blacksmith, Tihr)

2. Here is my screenshot http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/9092/mb1ue5.jpg this is bug in mod? or in my M&B? (white weapons)
I have reinstalled M&B and that was repaired this bug

3. And here is next bug: No-blade sword http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1598/nobladesi6.jpg (it's Short Sword)

M&B ver. 0.960
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 01:07:28 PM by Lucassith »

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 11:44:20 PM »
It's looking like none of the new modifiers (strong, exquisite etc.) are making any difference to weapon stats.

I noticed that. If it's the same for M&B 1.0, I'll take out any modifiers that don't work.

Regards,
Ryan

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 11:56:16 AM »

It says in the download that it's not compatible with old saved games, so don't come to me with your own errors.

Danielson

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 01:53:15 PM »
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 02:23:42 PM by Danielson »

Offline Boosh

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 10:04:45 PM »
Tried to make a handgonne and it crashed the game.

Protaganist

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 01:42:56 AM »
Hello, I also am getting the crash after making a handgonne or musket.  But I will only crash when I first try to open my inventory after I first make the gun, when I do open the inventory 3-4 VB C++ error messages pop up.  Also even though I have Throwing Axeheads <---(I think that might be a misspelling on your part) and shafts of any type of wood, when I go to weapon assembly and choose throwing weapon it moves me back  to the first "crafting" screen and the dialog box now saids "it seems you do not have the right amount of Materials or Components for this category", actually that happens with any throwing weapon no matter what.  thats the main crafting errors I have found so far.  now the other things are, I have not and cannot find the horse training field that people have talked about, nor am I finding any "wild" animals I can hunt and kill for furs *If there is any, but if not, how do you get the furs and leathers*.  and in the timber groves the trees that can be gathered on not physical *I can just walk right through them*.  And in the mines *and out side* there seems to be missing, or not UV Mapped *or the equivalent in this game engine, I am using this term from Source and Gold engine texturing it produces the same look*.  Also there needs to be better ambient light in the mine shafts, I usually just run around and swing until it saids I have hit something to find veins.  also the "mine Supervisor" NPC is attackable, but he does not fight back, and you can only knock him out and not kill him *even with a point blank arrow to the face :P*, lets just say I found this bug on "accident".  also you usually have to "enter" the mine on the map by moving into the icon from a certain direction.  And deserters will drop larges amounts of Goods *Steel bars, food, furs, flour, salts, etc* every now and then.  while Looters drop no goods.  and I used Item Editor to see if I could find something wrong with the itemkinds1 entry's for the musket and handgonne, I found that the handgonne entry under a mesh identity is random letters that do not spell anything, and the musket is matchlock1 I think.  I am not really "experienced with M&B modding, but those seem out of place to me for some reason.  also the Damascus steel throwing axeheads mesh ID is dammas_Frosica_heads *that might not be exactly right, but it seems something like that*.  and that should be it on what I have found so far. 

Also hi I am Protaganist, and this was my first post.

Danielson

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 04:33:36 AM »
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 04:36:18 AM by Danielson »

Offline kaeldragor

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 10:30:21 AM »
Another significant bug to go with the blacksmith one: there is a white screen CTD when fighting Searaiders.  haven't pinned down full behavior yet, but it has happened once in the middle of a fight and several times when first engaging.

GreySaber

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 02:32:45 AM »
Just download it and the bugfix today. Seems I can't make cartridges with the bug fix, (And I'm not sure about without,) with musket balls and BP, as the item assembly screen gives two "Go back" options, and only offers the three firearms, not the ammo, as options.

Also, the chests in the blacksmith shop access my inventory now instead of being containers.

Trained palfrey, and perhaps other horses, still have a distorted butt.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 03:13:27 AM by GreySaber »

Protaganist

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 12:31:33 PM »
hmmm well I found out about the NPC's by "accident".  But it seems that the towns people, guards, merchants can not be harmed in any way.  But the fletcher, blacksmith, mine supervisor, ETC. can ONLY be harmed with ranged weapons, and not close ranged weapons. 

GreySaber

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 02:28:02 PM »
hmmm well I found out about the NPC's by "accident".  But it seems that the towns people, guards, merchants can not be harmed in any way.  But the fletcher, blacksmith, mine supervisor, ETC. can ONLY be harmed with ranged weapons, and not close ranged weapons. 

Interistingly the towns peopled used to be able to be harmed by ranged weapons in an old standerd version. I remember getting pissed off for some reason and slaughtering everyone in Zendar with my bow.

Someone was complaining that axes and picks aren't working, and I find that picks DID work before I installed the bug fix, but they do not now that I have installed the bug fix. (I cannot speak for axes.) Before the bug fix, whenever I tried to trade with the smth, I would CTD, but now I do not.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 02:30:48 PM by GreySaber »

Offline kaeldragor

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 08:01:30 PM »
1.8.4 still has a white-screen CTD for me - it now happens when trying to talk to NPC companions (freshly hired).

Protaganist

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 07:21:33 PM »
Well I found some more bugs.  The Handgonnes are now functional and fires, "booms", and produces smoke, I have yet to try out the muskets yet, because of the next bug I found.  Now that the guns are working there is one problem....you can't makes stocks for them :(, it actually appears that you can not make anything where you select what to make the item from, even if the item(s) are in your inventory *IE, blades, arrow heads, javelin heads, Jarid heads, throwing axe Heads, armor, bows, gun stocks, and arrow shafts.*  and the NPC's are still quite killable with only ranged weapons, but the towns people and guards are still Immortal.  Also it seems if you choose the "family of thief's" on the first step of the character creations, you only get junk when you start *Bent arrows, rocks, dried meat X 1, no hoarse, no boots, and a linen shirt* I am not sure if it is meant to be like that, but I am pretty sure its not :P.  the "Crafting" npc seems to be just fine, no crashes yet, but if I go to one city's fletcher and sell him stuff and buy his stuff, then if I go to another completely different town, the crafting npcs will still have the same items and same amount of money, it seems that it never changes.  Thats all the bugs I have run across, also it seems every time you go into the map for the first time with a character, looters are ready to jump you when you first move.

Also it seems that the texture for the mine shaft entry are still "missing" for me, the ramp is still just flat black, so are some of the wood post on the structure of the platforms in the shaft.  And even though my mining is 100%, I still only get Damascus ore about 1/12 attempts/hits.  I found the best way to get Damascus ore, is to ready the pick above my head, and take a running start towards the node and hit it before I stop, it seems to be the only way to produce ore.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 07:28:38 PM by Protaganist »

Offline Invictus

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2008, 01:52:49 AM »
version 1.8.4
1. Assembling  items seems a bit messed up
Bronze and iron axe blades and polearm heads are not recognized as components.
Assembling axes and lances requires metal bars.  And you get items material selection screen depending on metal bars you have instead
of existing components. So you can create a bronze axe while having only steel axehead.

2. My blacksmithing skill froze at 30% and I have created at least 50 items since then. Are there any requirements for advancement in this area?
3.Goosefeather arrow shafts are not recognized as arrow shafts.
4.Spinning wheel is in shields fletching category and requires 0 wood.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 02:08:10 AM by Invictus »

Danielson

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008, 05:34:48 AM »

Zatharon

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2008, 07:40:57 PM »
Not sure if this is a bug or feature, either way it's really annoying, but my cartridges don't replenish in between battles, it was a pain in the ass to find a keg of black powder to make the cartridge in the first place, and now I have to make new cartridges every 40 shots, it's annoying the hell outta me.

Sataraha

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2008, 01:16:08 PM »
Hi Winter!

I can confirm and duplicate Invictus' bug about Blacksmithing freezing at level 30%. I have been banging on hot Steel  :-[ and Damascus steel for 2 RL days with no upgrade in Blacksmithing.

I can live with the workarounds (feature, not bug) needed in fletching assembly, but I do not want to die of old age by my present production line of Exquisite Short Swords.

Sweatagonizingly, Sataraha

Offline Berpol

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2008, 07:14:51 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug or feature, either way it's really annoying, but my cartridges don't replenish in between battles, it was a pain in the ass to find a keg of black powder to make the cartridge in the first place, and now I have to make new cartridges every 40 shots, it's annoying the hell outta me.
This seems to be a problem from native. If I remember the thread correct the workaround is to give the ammunition to a companion, then it is replentished after a battle.
Schadenfreude ist die ehrlichste Form von Mitleid.

cwfang

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2008, 03:36:17 PM »
1. I also have the problem in the Blacksmithing skill. It stays at 30% and doesn't rise any more if I don't use the cheating option.

2. When the Fletching skill arrives 30%, it only can be risen by woodcutting, but not by fletching any object. I think it's not reasonable.

3. When the Smelting skill arrives 30%, it only can be risen by mining, but not by smelting . I think it's not reasonable, too.

4. There are some bugs in Tanning. I have one pack of thin hide(5/5). I'd like to Sew Hides to make some thick hides. But the system tells me that I can't because I only have 1 thin hide. That's strange! I think one pack of thin hide(5/5) should contains 5 thin hides. Or what's the number (5/5) means? And for tanning leather, the situation is similar.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 05:49:33 PM by cwfang »

Alu

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 04:02:36 PM »
M&B Version 1011, Craftmod 184:
Cant even start it...
It fails to load the ini File
RGL ERROR
Unable to open file: CommonRes\human_anim.brf

(i searched for this file and couldn't find it)

Offline Shik

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2009, 07:28:53 PM »
M&B Version 1011,

Doh. Craftmod is only for .960...

Alu

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2009, 02:16:11 AM »