login

Author Topic: Port to next version  (Read 3173 times)

Offline fujiwara

• View Profile
Port to next version
« on: June 19, 2008, 01:56:00 pm »
Now that the module system for v.960 has been released, I'm sure people are wondering 'When will Onin no Ran be ported?' The answer is 'after v1.0 is released. There aren't too many changed to the header_operations file, but there are enough new features I'd like to take advantage of that a port now would throw off the momentum we gained during the last bug hunt, many of which I don't understand yet. I'd like to know what these 'tableau' are, plus there are some new operations I'd like to take advantage of. However, if we go more than 2-3 months without the 1.0 release, I will consider porting, since I don't want to fall too far behnd the curve either.

EDIT: Also, most of the other modding tools (MapEditor, BRFEdit) are not ready for prime time in the v.960 world.

The horses tend to get their legs caught in the catapult rather than being properly launched.

DudeWheresMyTank

Re: Port to next version
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 04:36:41 pm »
Well, according to paradox's website, M&B will be released in September. V903 is a huge improvement over 808 so it's fine for now. I wouldn't want to port to 960, which might take 1-2 months, and then have to port again in another month. You should just wait.

But then again, Armagan is almost always late on delivering his builds. I wouldn't be surprised if 1.0 isn't out until November, which is what I predicted when Armagan announced in February that M&B will ship in May. I think their goal should be to have it out with just enough before the christmas shopping season to build up some hype.