Author Topic: Module System for .960  (Read 3028 times)

Offline fujiwara

• Master
    • View Profile
Module System for .960
« on: June 19, 2008, 11:25:11 AM »
So...it has been released. Since this is the last beta, I'm wondering if this will also be the final form of the module system. First look through shows some interesting stuff, like tableaus. Very interesting stuff sprinkled through the header files also, like this tidbit:

Code: [Select]
[party_tpl|pt_looters|auto_proceed,"start", [(eq,"$talk_context",tc_party_encounter)], "Warning: This line should never be displayed.", "looters_1",[
(str_store_string, s11, "@It's your money or your life, {mate/girlie}. No sudden moves or we'll run you through."),
(str_store_string, s12, "@Lucky for you, you caught me in a good mood. Give us all your coin and I might just let you live."),
(str_store_string, s13, "@This a robbery, eh? I givin' you one chance to hand over everythin' you got, or me and my mates'll kill you. Understand?"),
(store_random_in_range, ":random", 11, 14),
(str_store_string_reg, s4, ":random"),
(play_sound, "snd_encounter_looters")
  ]],
  [party_tpl|pt_looters,"looters_1", [], "{s4}", "looters_2",[]],

This 'auto_proceed' flag apparently moves the dialog to the next state, which is nice, but look at what's going on in the consquences block of the first dialog. I don't know if v.903 Native does this, but this opens up random dialogs immensely, and the ability to use variables instead of constant values in the str_store_string_reg operation is very powerful. Also, in addition to repeat_for_troops, etc, there is repeat_for_100 and repeat_for_1000. What these do I'm not sure yet (repeat every 100?).

The horses tend to get their legs caught in the catapult rather than being properly launched.

Offline Dain Ironfoot

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: Module System for .960
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 12:48:53 PM »
Are these the same tableaus we found which made up the unused custom heraldry creator?

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 12:52:52 PM »
Code: [Select]
[party_tpl|pt_looters|auto_proceed,"start", [(eq,"$talk_context",tc_party_encounter)], "Warning: This line should never be displayed.", "looters_1",[
(str_store_string, s11, "@It's your money or your life, {mate/girlie}. No sudden moves or we'll run you through."),
(str_store_string, s12, "@Lucky for you, you caught me in a good mood. Give us all your coin and I might just let you live."),
(str_store_string, s13, "@This a robbery, eh? I givin' you one chance to hand over everythin' you got, or me and my mates'll kill you. Understand?"),
(store_random_in_range, ":random", 11, 14),
(str_store_string_reg, s4, ":random"),
(play_sound, "snd_encounter_looters")
  ]],
  [party_tpl|pt_looters,"looters_1", [], "{s4}", "looters_2",[]],

This 'auto_proceed' flag apparently moves the dialog to the next state, which is nice, but look at what's going on in the consquences block of the first dialog. I don't know if v.903 Native does this, but this opens up random dialogs immensely, and the ability to use variables instead of constant values in the str_store_string_reg operation is very powerful. Also, in addition to repeat_for_troops, etc, there is repeat_for_100 and repeat_for_1000. What these do I'm not sure yet (repeat every 100?).

At this point I'd just like to point out that that entire block of code, and all these ideas, were mine. ;)

Repeat for 100 and 1000 simply repeat the dialogue option 100 or 1000 times, feeding the current value to the store_repeat_object operation like a try_for_range on a dialogue option.

Regards,
Winter

Offline fujiwara

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 01:42:22 PM »
Alright Mr. Smarty-Pants-I'm-on-the-Dev-Team  :green:

Can you go through some of the new modding features, like the tableau?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 01:46:12 PM by fujiwara »

The horses tend to get their legs caught in the catapult rather than being properly launched.

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 02:32:07 PM »
Alright Mr. Smarty-Pants-I'm-on-the-Dev-Team  :green:

Can you go through some of the new modding features, like the tableau?

I could, but it would be a very short session, since I've not actually touched tableaus and don't intend to unless I somehow get paid fo doing more M&B work.

Maybe I could be like Colt and sell Storymod. :P

Regards,
Winter

Offline fujiwara

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 03:06:30 PM »
Colt was an a$$. Don't be like him  ::)