login

Author Topic: Bug Reports for v0.6.4  (Read 30081 times)

Offline fujiwara

• View Profile
Bug Reports for v0.6.4
« on: June 17, 2008, 10:09:19 pm »
Please post bug reports for v0.6.4 ONLY here.

Thanks,
Mgmt

The horses tend to get their legs caught in the catapult rather than being properly launched.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: Bug Reports for v0.6.4
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 01:53:40 am »
Got a funny one.  About two days down, I got a message "The land around [somewhere ... I couldn't read it fast enough] has been incorporated into a Shoen.  See Slanty-Eyes in Slanty-Eyes' Party for details"  (My OnR character is "Slanty-Eyes")

Haven't tried talking to whats-his-face in Hyogo to see if I can buy stock in the new one too ... I'll try that later.

Still, there's certainly a bug in the message, if not the system as well.

---------------------

Edit:
We've got one bad poly on the tip of the bokken too.  I'll see what I can do with it when I work on the next graphics stuff.  Before somebody else reports it ... yeah, I saw that, and it's really annoying.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 03:43:25 am by Ron Losey »

Offline fujiwara

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 07:36:04 am »
Roger that. I had a funny feeling the whole shoen system wasn't ready for prime time, but we have to run it to break it, right?

The horses tend to get their legs caught in the catapult rather than being properly launched.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 09:08:09 am »
Is there anything we can do about the wonky tracking function?  I know it's a native bug, but maybe there's some way to fix it.  Tracks should be harder to see at night, maybe ... but why do units not leave tracks at night?  When the sun comes up, apparently they rode flying carpets all night.

Also, the map on the command screen is still entirely absent.  (Side note - that code to add topography to the map there ... that was for M&B .890 and later Native code ... which is a much larger block of code that was seriously absent in OnR.)  Makes the formation commands and such a bit complex to use.

I'm also somehow finding it painfully hard to get started out as ronin ... maybe we need some delivery missions or something to make it easier for starting out.  (Or a more specific system of assigning missions, maybe instead of generally "do you have any jobs?", a more itemized list "Do you have anything you need delivered", "Anything I can acquire for you?" "Do you have any bandit problems you need eliminated?" "How can I further your efforts against the {Hosogawa/Yamana}?"... let players pick how deep they want to get into something.)  Also make it possible to get some standing with one or both clans (or the temples or the Imperial court) without specifically joining the war.  I mean, there's always stuff to do ... and people like somebody who can get stuff done, even if he's not specifically part of their army.

Those are not exactly "bugs" for 0.6.4, but they are issues that need to be kept on the to-do list.

Offline fujiwara

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 12:19:23 pm »
I can't get meshes to display on my screen during a presentation, so even the Native battle map doesn't work correctly. I don't if this is an issue with the DX9 shaders or not.

I agree there needs to be more for ronin to do in the early stages, since party sizes will now quickly outpace a player's ability to deal with them. All your suggestions are good ones, and aren't too difficult to implement.

[Johny]

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 12:21:21 pm »
I have some crush bug - started as Bushi on Yamana side, after completing Pirates quest i was send to Hidaka Shoen.
He says somthing like: bla bla bla... your rang is NO STRING! salary 1 mon, Congrats!
...And game crushed

I'll recheck it again, but please note.

Offline nobuo

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 01:13:58 pm »
If you could get a screenshot and upload it to photobucket and post it here, that would be the best way to report it.  Or if you can't do all that for whatever reason, at least getting an exact copy of the script error message would be helpful.

[Johny]

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 01:49:17 pm »

Sorry for my mistake :-[ , game does not crush - it's only freezes

Here screen of last dialog:

Offline fujiwara

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 03:44:07 pm »
I know where to find that...good catch.

behemoth

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 08:15:48 pm »
I guess i have found another bug.

While playing as a ronin if i do help any of the fraction's army in a battle with bandits i get rather wierd dialog after a victory.
Actually it's a bandit fight initiation dialog about "hand me your money now", then regardless what answer i pick - the dialog ends.

I think it's messed up, i was expecting sort of "thank you for your help" one with possible fraction standing improvement.

I'll try to make an exact screenshot for you now.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 08:21:24 pm »
I guess i have found another bug.

While playing as a ronin if i do help any of the fraction's army in a battle with bandits i get rather wierd dialog after a victory.
Actually it's a bandit fight initiation dialog about "hand me your money now", then regardless what answer i pick - the dialog ends.

I think it's messed up, i was expecting sort of "thank you for your help" one with possible fraction standing improvement.

I'll try to make an exact screenshot for you now.

Yeah, that's an old bug ... it was supposed to be fixed several times, but keeps coming back.  Don't worry about a screenshot ... we've all seen it before.

Offline fujiwara

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 10:18:33 pm »
Yeah, I thought I fixed that two or three times...I'll look at it again.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 11:05:50 pm »
Fujiwara:

Just e-mailed you a replacement for the bokken with the bad poly, and a new practice naginata (to replace that ugly one ... the new one isn't perfect, but at least it looks like something you could make out of wood).

Those have been the worst graphics offenders to just jump out at me so far.  Neither one is critical, so if you want to wait for the next major release before worrying about them, it won't hurt too many people's feelings.

behemoth

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 02:42:12 am »
Yeah, I thought I fixed that two or three times...I'll look at it again.

Just helped some farmer's patrol with bandints:

p.s. from now on i will scale images manually, to avoid "breaking the pages"
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 10:58:52 am by behemoth »

behemoth

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 10:33:33 am »
New dialog bug

In the town of Takase if you speak in manor with a guy named Hosokawa Takanobu and pick second dialog option "I must speak with you"
The game becomes deadly stuck.
It doesn't crash, it just seem to be to "exit from a dialog" at this point, so the only way is to alt-tab and close game from the task manager

I play as a female-ronin, no fraction choosen.

Town Kameyama, NPC Hosokawa Sadamoto  - exactly the same thing

"how it looks"(scaled image)

« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 12:00:58 pm by behemoth »