login

Author Topic: Liberty Or Death - Moved back to Taleworlds, link is on last page.  (Read 72081 times)

Offline Dain Ironfoot

• Master
    • View Profile
Y'see the thing about this mod is that the best things about it.. are things others have contributed.. apart from that it is pretty much M&B vanilla with muskets.. which is great for me when I just want to go and shoot some fellows in blue jackets.. but I expect people wanting an accurate depiction of this era might want a little more y'know?

This probably sounds quite harsh... but y'are slightly lacking in the content dept right now..

tigershark

i love this mod thou. if you made it more like the continent it would own. i love the musket battles. heh i owned 13 Americans. with 11 men. then a load of bandits killed me LAWL.

Offline Nethros

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Thanks =D

Y'see the thing about this mod is that the best things about it.. are things others have contributed.. apart from that it is pretty much M&B vanilla with muskets.. which is great for me when I just want to go and shoot some fellows in blue jackets.. but I expect people wanting an accurate depiction of this era might want a little more y'know?

This probably sounds quite harsh... but y'are slightly lacking in the content dept right now..

Yeah, I know. I'm working on gameplay, I'm going to make a map and put the colonies at their right places etc etc.

tigershark

well. i think you should tone down on the amount of continental soldiers there. there weren't quite as many as there are now LAWL. also you should make them crouch as the reload muskets. this was the proper thing that the rifle men did. so that there wasn't much friendly fire. as i find there is now lol. and another question are you gonna make it so bandits use rifles?

Offline Nethros

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
The bandits are gone, I've replaced them with indians and they have bess rifles.

tigershark

really. i still got bandits.... i used the version off this website wait

Offline Nethros

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
I mean in the version I'm working on ^_^

tigershark

ahh k lol. and keep my above suggestions in mind. its always nice to see British troops owning the USA rebels. but i would like to see them do it in authentic British style ^^

Brigadier Hussey

The bandits are gone, I've replaced them with indians and they have bess rifles.

I don't think Indians would have had Brown bess muskets, except for the few allied to the British.
well. i think you should tone down on the amount of continental soldiers there. there weren't quite as many as there are now LAWL. also you should make them crouch as the reload muskets. this was the proper thing that the rifle men did. so that there wasn't much friendly fire. as i find there is now lol. and another question are you gonna make it so bandits use rifles?

Infantrymen were drilled to reload standing as it required less skill (both the musket and ramrod are very long making for a lot of stretching when reloading for the knee.). Don't believe the movies, infantry only knelt in special circumstances, otherwise they were kept standing so that they could more readily change formation to receive cavalry, break into loose formation or charge with bayonets.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 04:51:25 AM by Brigadier Hussey »

tigershark

Really? i thought that the British redcoats did it when they were fighting other infantry men?

Offline Nethros

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
I didn't mean the brown bess, I meant the black one.

Offline Dain Ironfoot

• Master
    • View Profile
Really? i thought that the British redcoats did it when they were fighting other infantry men?

Nope. The redcoats simply used a 2 deep line.

tigershark

k. i would have thought that if you were fighting a large amount of infantry it would have made sense to fight in that way. it would mean you would be firing more often.strange. anyway ty.

Brigadier Hussey

I didn't mean the brown bess, I meant the black one.

The brown bess is the black one, silly huh?  :D

k. i would have thought that if you were fighting a large amount of infantry it would have made sense to fight in that way. it would mean you would be firing more often.strange. anyway ty.

You can bring more guns to bear in two lines without reducing your manoeuvrability, I.e. to fire in three ranks one rank would have to kneel, meaning that if a regiment of dragoons popped out of the woods to your right you'd be a lot more pressed to form square.
Also in double rank a battalion can hold a longer stretch of ground which is handy to create longer battle lines if your army isn't that big.

tigershark

ahhhh k. lol