login

Author Topic: Proposed Idea.  (Read 12179 times)

Brigadier Hussey

Re: Proposed Idea.
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2007, 05:29:09 pm »
Sounds a great idea Yoshi, damn I can't wait to play the next version of Pirates!

Merentha

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 12:12:52 pm »
If you can do it, that would be obscenely badass. 

WhindGhost8

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2007, 07:38:10 am »
would the npc parties land and take off too or would they be stuck on either land or water?

Yoshiboy

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2007, 03:16:41 am »
would the npc parties land and take off too or would they be stuck on either land or water?

Nah, they would move with you fine :)

WhindGhost8

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2007, 04:38:00 am »
i meant the npc's that move around not the ones that follow you

Yoshiboy

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2007, 08:27:32 am »

Oh no, those are either stuck on land or sea. That would take alot to be able to change that.

SlightFeelingOfRegret

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2007, 10:17:31 am »

Oh no, those are either stuck on land or sea. That would take alot to be able to change that.

That doesn't stop you. It would be pretty realistic if they could send out parties to chase you onto land.

I've just had a thought, can the Spanish play dirty tricks, like stealing your ships when you've gone ashore?

Yoshiboy

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2007, 01:36:28 pm »

That doesn't stop you. It would be pretty realistic if they could send out parties to chase you onto land.

I've just had a thought, can the Spanish play dirty tricks, like stealing your ships when you've gone ashore?

Well, its not so much the difficulty. Its more the time required. I'd really love to do it but I've already overloaded myself with work. This was only meant to be a very simple port at first. I wasn't even planning to update anything but some bugfixes.

Nethoras

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2007, 10:31:13 am »
that sounds cool as hell; that should be a common feaure of m&b. I dont know if this has been suggested but wouldnt it work if you made it so when your in "move mode" or whatever, your parity moves at insane speeds, like move across the map in a milisecond, then; it made it so all, or even if your uber skilled the selected partes, gained the person ality of a caravan when you're protecting it. then when you exit this you're partyy goes back to itss origianl spot, and as soon as you hit space (wich unpausesthe game), all your men start moving to the set point. just a suggestion.
I think I will reference with higlander to see if we can use this with the 40k mod.