login

Author Topic: Question about skill point managment  (Read 2088 times)

k-man

Question about skill point managment
« on: April 08, 2008, 05:17:32 PM »
Hi.
I'm trying to work on a mod and I have a few classes that people can start as, with different abilities.
The problem is that if the classes have too much of a int boost they get lot's of extra skill points, when I just want them to have a few.
I'm trying to make it so that no matter what class you take you always get the same amount of extra skill points to spend but I can't seem to find where I dictate that.
Can anyone help?

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: Question about skill point managment
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 07:58:31 PM »
The only real benefit to putting points into intelligence is to get extra skill points, and to raise the maximum requirement on a few skills that use them.  The trade-off is the loss of speed, strength, or whatever in exchange for the extra points, since all of the other attributes are directly useful in other ways.  This is probably not the kind of thing you want to be messing with, unless you plan to completely rewrite the entire character interface portion of the game (something only a few mods have been willing to try, usually not with good results).

k-man

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 06:51:18 AM »
Ok, thanks.
I'll just decrease the int stat then.
Seems like the best solution.
Thanks for your help.

RTWfreak132

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 10:35:15 PM »
not only that, but If you raised INT w/o giving them the points, the character would be gimped compared to other characters of the same level.