login

Author Topic: Suggestions thread.  (Read 25743 times)

Yoshiboy

Suggestions thread.
« on: January 09, 2007, 10:26:48 AM »
If you have any suggestions for what should be in the new version or unhappy with anything in the current version make sure you post them here! I'm always very happy to take suggestions!

jlgx50

Re: Suggestions thread.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 12:54:27 AM »
hey yoshiboy can i help in your mod i have ok moddeling naw

Offline Nethros

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 08:52:49 AM »
Wrong thread, mate.

I think you should model some hair to the hats and make more female dresses for female pirates. (This is to yoshiboy)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 03:55:32 PM by Nethros »

Yoshiboy

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 08:54:39 AM »
I've used Hussey's new hats so they have hair on them and are 100 times better. So don't worry about that. Pirate dresses is something I want to do though. I think i'll add a few more and maybe some female pirate shirts.

jvvpc

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 01:34:15 PM »
Hey does i work in 0.808

And put some screenshots in the forum...

And it its more easy if you can have your forum in Talewords forum...

Yoshiboy

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 02:09:27 PM »
no, ok, no.

JetJedi

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 02:12:30 PM »
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 02:25:08 PM by JetJedi »

Yoshiboy

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 02:30:48 PM »

These are some really good ideas, I was just thinking what I could do to liven up the land area. I was thinking towns, but then, there isn't any real towns inland. So villages it is! I'll defiantly consider doing some of those suggestions. The missionaries are certainly something to work with, as well as the farmers.

Fierro

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 02:35:47 AM »
Might I suggest keeping to historical baclground? The English looked at colonies as an investment and used the resources avaliable to be harvested and sent back to Britain to be turned into something (i.e. the wool from sheep in India {cant remeber the name of the wool} that was sent back to Britain and then turned into clothing as it was cheaper).

Spain sought to get all the gold (and other valuables, excluding iron as Spain has an abundance of that at home) out of it's colonies. Not until later in the colonial period do they begin to do missionization when the Pope declared the natives actually had souls.

France attempted to leave the local infrastructure untouched. They traded with the natives but didnt try to enslave or use them in any way.

Mind you this is a very general outlook. I'm not saying the whole culture of each of these acted this way but a majority of those that cared about colonization did. I don't mean this as insulting to anyone at all and I apologize if it seems that way.

Leprechaun

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 08:05:55 AM »
Quote from: The mod thread
Please, if someone talks to me about historical accuracy I'm going to shoot them. I don't care, it's just a bit of fun.

I don't think he's too worried about a historical background.

Yoshiboy

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 10:49:40 AM »
Nah, realistically it was a crap live being a pirate. I want it to be fun :)

Leprechaun

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 11:29:15 AM »
Just a thought - I can't find any of the screenshots from the upcoming version posted, but they were there in the old thread over at TaleWorlds. Have you considered posting them over here?

messenger

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 11:59:10 AM »
Nah, realistically it was a crap live being a pirate. I want it to be fun :)
Yar! Twas all grog an' hidin' me booty!

Yoshiboy

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007, 12:02:02 PM »
Just a thought - I can't find any of the screenshots from the upcoming version posted, but they were there in the old thread over at TaleWorlds. Have you considered posting them over here?

I've nearly got ship battles sorted so i was going to get a proper collection once its finished.

Leprechaun

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 12:20:35 PM »
Ah, no probs. I'll wait patiently, like a good boy.