Author Topic: Running speed  (Read 2059 times)

Rymac

Running speed
« on: March 30, 2008, 05:49:33 pm »
Hey again, Just wondering what do I need to do to alter the running speed of soldiers and my character, Im not talking about the skill agillity but the Standard running speed that you start out with, I gotta say it feels very unrealistic, not just oni ran but native, I know these soldiers are wearing alot of armor and weapons but come on, they run like they are dragging a elephant, In real war back in the days I can serisouly promies nobody ran that slow when attacking somebody on foot. I wanna be able to just rush against my enemies on foot and slice there throat. And feel the fear when I see an enemy soldier rushing against me with his sword ready to chop me in to pieces. Or maybe there is a way to add like a rush, Like holding a button and the character rushes. maybe hard to do, I really have no experince with modding so. peace

I meant outside the game, Like modding it, I actually found this script that adds sprint, But I dont know how to add it to the game, Its just a bunch of text, and it says add to script, add to combat in mission templates. dont really know how to do this, do I need some kind of editing tool?

Here is the link for the script...http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,8652.285.html ..just scroll down and you will find it
This script involves some other things Rage and focus and stuff,,,i just want the sprint, It looked pretty simple to just use the sprint script part, If I just knew what to do with it,, please help
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 07:47:27 pm by Rymac »

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: Running speed
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 06:08:13 pm »
"Athletics" is the thing that determines movement speed.  You get that up pretty high, and minimal armor, and guys on foot zip around like it's a basketball game.

However, I personally move like I'm dragging an elephant even on a good day, so I tend not to notice as much.

DudeWheresMyTank

Re: Running speed
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 08:32:53 pm »
your character's agility attribute also affects their running speed, and weapon speed