login

Author Topic: My reports of testing craftmod #3  (Read 4165 times)

Chaoic16

My reports of testing craftmod #3
« on: February 20, 2008, 05:30:59 pm »
I finally managed to have a time testing this craftmod I have been looking foward to, after studying for my exam.  However, these are following bugs/glitches I have found in your craftmod:

1) After creating pike head and fretching polearm stick.  I tried assembling them, I kept getting "I am not experienced enough" through menu when i tried assembling them.  (comfirmed, I reviewed my skills and every of my skills is at 100 percent, and yet I can't assemlby pike yet using wooden pole and pikehead.)

2) After using blacksmith to create watered-steel damascene steel two-handed broadsword (thank to this craftmod, found one of my favorite 2 handed sword), I tried upgrading it to heavy version of this blade.  It doesnt' let me to upgrade, where menu said I probably didnt have enough gold.  I have over 8 miliion or billion coins (for testing purpose only, with my tweaked character), and I am still not able to upgrade these blade.

3) Saddle are nowhere to be found when it come to buying item from person in horse-farming.  Where can Saddle be found?  (I am not using 'test' character at this moment, in order, to test this mod in another way as if I were one one 'public that creates character normally.)

I am contiuning my testing!

:)

Chaoic out...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 06:04:06 pm by Chaoic16 »

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
Re: My reports of testing craftmod #2
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 06:27:51 pm »
I finally managed to have a time testing this craftmod I have been looking foward to, after studying for my exam.  However, these are following bugs/glitches I have found in your craftmod:

1) When smelting metal bar, damascene steel bar require only iron, not damascene iron ore, according to the converstion.  It should require special iron, in order, to smelt this special steel. (comfirmed, I also tried smelting damascene steel using damascene iron, instead of using my damascene iron, this smelting uses normal iron ore to smelt damascene steel.)

Good catch! The resource slot wasn't set correctly, fixed for the public release.

2) after creating landgraf sword through blacksmithing, the sword itself is invisible when I was holding it while viewing my character in third-person view. (it also happned with other swords, such as Crecy and berserk.  I am experiencing the simliar thing with the rest of swords from craftmod._

This isn't actually Craftmod's fault. They're a graphics card issue, and not within my power to solve.

Chaoic16

Re: My reports of testing craftmod #2
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 09:22:33 pm »

2) after creating landgraf sword through blacksmithing, the sword itself is invisible when I was holding it while viewing my character in third-person view. (it also happned with other swords, such as Crecy and berserk.  I am experiencing the simliar thing with the rest of swords from craftmod._

This isn't actually Craftmod's fault. They're a graphics card issue, and not within my power to solve.

Oh?  "Stratching my head"

I never had a problem in any anohter mount and blade add-on that adds weapons and equipments.  My current video card is Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX 768 mb.  If it's not related to your mods, then its mount and blade related issues.  However, I am glad I spotted a small, simple bugs relating to damascene steel.  These another feature I tested a bit appear to be flawless.  Congrulate on your hard work on coding everything fresh from stratch.  Your hard work is truly worth it!

(Thumb up)

Chaoic out...

Chaoic16

Re: My reports of testing craftmod #3
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 06:26:16 pm »
Updated my reports on my first posts.

Chaoic out...

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 07:34:44 pm »
1) After creating pike head and fretching polearm stick.  I tried assembling them, I kept getting "I am not experienced enough" through menu when i tried assembling them.  (comfirmed, I reviewed my skills and every of my skills is at 100 percent, and yet I can't assemlby pike yet using wooden pole and pikehead.)

Okay, I'll look into that.

2) After using blacksmith to create watered-steel damascene steel two-handed broadsword (thank to this craftmod, found one of my favorite 2 handed sword), I tried upgrading it to heavy version of this blade.  It doesnt' let me to upgrade, where menu said I probably didnt have enough gold.  I have over 8 miliion or billion coins (for testing purpose only, with my tweaked character), and I am still not able to upgrade these blade.

That is because 'heavy' is a STEP DOWN from 'watered steel' on the modifier list. The upgrade script won't let you worsen your weapons. So, NOT a bug.

3) Saddle are nowhere to be found when it come to buying item from person in horse-farming.  Where can Saddle be found?  (I am not using 'test' character at this moment, in order, to test this mod in another way as if I were one one 'public that creates character normally.)

You can craft saddles in the tannery, and the tanner should also sell a small number of saddles.

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 05:35:26 am »

All the polearms didn't have their slots properly assigned. Fixed for the final.