login

Author Topic: A reports beta testing latest version of craftmod beta.  (Read 4369 times)

Chaoic16

A reports beta testing latest version of craftmod beta.
« on: February 17, 2008, 10:32:00 PM »
1) Limber:  Worked flawlessly, each time I chop down tree, I get logs.  But I have a suggestion to improve timber experiences.  These trees should be bit tougher, because chopping them down with single hatch or small axe make me feel like if i were superman taking down tree with few sweeps.  So basically, increasing the tree's durality where the larger axe, the less chopping it require to down tree would occur.  But I am truly delighted by whole new expeirence with timber, I truly enjoyed taking tress down for logs!

2) Mining:  I had been having a diffcult time trying to mine ore out, I had been using military and fighting pick, and yes I realize that I should find proper pick to take ores out.  I've been not able to find any specific pick required to take ores out.  I even used "test' character.  This is screenshot of what I have been doing at mining.

I will contiune testing more of features when i have another free time from my unversity studying.  I truly thank you for allowing me to beta test this revolutionary mod.  And yes, I am calling it revolutionary mod because it provides a unique features and experiences in mount and blade that no mods have done yet in this very detailed features of crafting, mining, timbering and other features from craftmod.

:)

Chaoic out...

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
Re: A reports beta testing latest version of craftmod beta.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 02:57:16 AM »
These trees should be bit tougher, because chopping them down with single hatch or small axe make me feel like if i were superman taking down tree with few sweeps.  So basically, increasing the tree's durality where the larger axe, the less chopping it require to down tree would occur.  But I am truly delighted by whole new expeirence with timber, I truly enjoyed taking tress down for logs!

I would've done it if I could, but it's currently not possible to set scene prop HPs.

I had been having a diffcult time trying to mine ore out, I had been using military and fighting pick, and yes I realize that I should find proper pick to take ores out.  I've been not able to find any specific pick required to take ores out.  I even used "test' character.  This is screenshot of what I have been doing at mining.

Alright, I'll add the military and fighting pick to the list of mining items.

SnoeiSchaaR

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 11:49:46 PM »
For me timbering also worked fine, I used a balanced battle axe for it and after 2-3 chops the trees were down providing me from the wood that I need..

Also I noticed the same prob as Chaoic16 when I went to the mines.
Since I didnt had the right tools I wasn't able to win any ore there.

After work I  will try the horse farm and find a pick that works for mining..

This mod really rocks, I'm honored to be in the Beta testing team

Laterz

SnoeiSchaaR

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 04:14:12 PM »
I just discovered a Lumber grove in the mountains which is impossible to enter..
Its in the mountains somewhere under Praven.

Ok gonna continue testing  ;)

Javelin

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 06:09:58 AM »
I didn't want to start a new thread for my findings on the new craftmod, so I'll post them here as I notice them. If I am not approved for testing, feel free to dismiss/delete this post. I have a fresh installation of 0.903 and only craftmod and the 2 patches installed to minimize any confusion. Also, my findings are not necessarily all bugs, just things that made me wonder if the results were as intended.

-Armorer in Zendar sells hardened light leather boots with differing stats: , one pair +12 foot armour, the other +18. Same price and weight.
-Character starting attributes are surprisingly high, but I guess that is down to the choices I made at character creation.
-Crashes to desktop when fighting at arenas (excluding Zendar), usually in 5-20 seconds after start of fight.
-Attempting to craft Composite bow (Khergit) results in a conversation awaiting input "Choose the material you want to craft this item out of", but no options to choose from. I was carrying Wood, Ash, Yew and Tools. Fletching skill was 62% and Bow difficulty is 55.
-If fletching and woodcutting use the same skill, should the skill name reflect that? Flecthing/Woodcutting like Mining/Smelting.

I certainly hope you have the patience to iron out the bumps in this mod, it holds great promise.

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 11:20:34 AM »
-Armorer in Zendar sells hardened light leather boots with differing stats: , one pair +12 foot armour, the other +18. Same price and weight.

Fixed!

-Character starting attributes are surprisingly high, but I guess that is down to the choices I made at character creation.

Doesn't bother me, honestly.

-Crashes to desktop when fighting at arenas (excluding Zendar), usually in 5-20 seconds after start of fight.

Not Craftmod's fault.

-Attempting to craft Composite bow (Khergit) results in a conversation awaiting input "Choose the material you want to craft this item out of", but no options to choose from. I was carrying Wood, Ash, Yew and Tools. Fletching skill was 62% and Bow difficulty is 55.

Fixed -- there was no check for lacking additional resources in the materials menu, only main resources. There is now.

-If fletching and woodcutting use the same skill, should the skill name reflect that? Flecthing/Woodcutting like Mining/Smelting.

Sure, fine. Done.