Author Topic: Cymro's list o'bugs  (Read 6477 times)

Cymro

Cymro's list o'bugs
« on: February 16, 2008, 02:23:10 PM »
I shall add to this as I find more. So far:

General
  • No lights indoors
Crafters have no stuff to sell or money

Smith
Greaves and gauntlets say that you haven't got enough experience
Smelting says that you haven't got enough experience
  • Crafting anything below "Falcatta" in the menu gives you the wrong item
  • These problematic items are invisible
  • ADDENDUM: Weapons. Bronze works. Iron works.
  • Steel and Damascene steel weapons, no matter what they are, smith the previous item (but damascene gives the prefix "watered steel", for example, "watered steel iron sickle").*

Fletching
The Iron staff is made of.. wood :P
Bows say that you haven't got enough experience

Material Gathering
Mining dummies, on their last hit, provide two trigger events

*Which could be why the lower weapons don't work, being made of steel?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 12:02:12 PM by Cymro »

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
Re: Cymro's list o'bugs
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 05:38:38 PM »
  • No lights indoors

I'll take care of that.

• Crafters have no stuff to sell or money

Fixed!

• Greaves and gauntlets say that you haven't got enough experience
  • Smelting says that you haven't got enough experience

Fixed!

• Crafting anything below "Falcatta" in the menu gives you the wrong item
  • These problematic items are invisible
  • Drum and great maces have the same problem

Still looking into this, haven't been able to reproduce it so far.

• The Iron staff is made of.. wood :P
  • Bows say that you haven't got enough experience

Fixed!

• Mining dummies, on their last hit, provide two trigger events

Fixed!

• Depleting them doesn't make them fall over like the tree dummies

This is by design. Rocks don't generally fall over, and I can't animate them to do anything else.

• They don't refresh, so you must leave and enter (although presumably WAD at the moment).

Nothing I can do about that. Once the prop is destroyed, that's it. I could incorporate some kind of system that slowly 'regenerates' ore and trees, rather than just letting you pop out and back in again, but I don't really feel much warmth for that option. Think I'll just keep it as it is. Nice and easy.

Cymro

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 12:01:32 PM »
Okay. Everything's crossed off that's been marked as fixed. My priorities for today, if I get a chance (due to an archery contest), will be a full test of the problematic weapons.

Please check the "Addendum" point - I think I've found a source of the problem.

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 12:54:23 PM »
Okay. Everything's crossed off that's been marked as fixed. My priorities for today, if I get a chance (due to an archery contest), will be a full test of the problematic weapons.

Please check the "Addendum" point - I think I've found a source of the problem.

Yeah, knowing that would've helped, but I tracked down the problem a few hours ago and fixed it. Just haven't had a chance to post since then.

I've also fixed item modifier assignment.

Cymro

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 01:14:22 PM »
Good going. This next version sounds promising :)

Predak

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 03:59:47 PM »
Problem:
-All of the Craftmod-exclusive horses do not have .lod files, which makes them look. . .odd. They look perfectly normal standing, but when they run it looks like their body is not really connected to their heads or feet. I don't really know how to explain it, and I wish I could have gotten a decent printscreen, but they need their .lods.

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 03:36:03 AM »
Problem:
-All of the Craftmod-exclusive horses do not have .lod files, which makes them look. . .odd. They look perfectly normal standing, but when they run it looks like their body is not really connected to their heads or feet. I don't really know how to explain it, and I wish I could have gotten a decent printscreen, but they need their .lods.

It's got nothing to do with LOD. The problem is that the horses are rigged to the old, pre .808 horse skeleton. They need rerigged completely, and no one's willing to do it.

Cymro

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 11:48:18 AM »
Aha, got something. The "invisible weapons" bug is caused by not having DX9 shaders on, so the shiny effect on most of the non native weapons means that anyone with a lackluster graphics card (including me :() cannot see these weapons.

I would be happy to release a DX7 compatible version of the .brf files if someone could tell me which flags to remove.

EDIT: Turns out shaders have nothing to do with this, and that this happens to certain native weapons too.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 01:17:43 PM by Cymro »

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 01:05:34 PM »
Aha, got something. The "invisible weapons" bug is caused by not having DX9 shaders on, so the shiny effect on most of the non native weapons means that anyone with a lackluster graphics card (including me :() cannot see these weapons.

I would be happy to release a DX7 compatible version of the .brf files if someone could tell me which flags to remove.

You can't fix this through BRF files, but you can turn off DX9 shaders in your M&B config.

night raider

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 08:09:08 AM »
The timber grove near Ehlerdag is in the mountains.  The mine in the same area is a bit weird - some buildings are in the water and some are in the air???  I had all the updates as of last night unless something got messed up somewhere???

Also, did mining and forestry change in this version?  I have an axe and a pick, but I can't mine or cut wood.

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 08:22:54 AM »
The timber grove near Ehlerdag is in the mountains.  The mine in the same area is a bit weird - some buildings are in the water and some are in the air???  I had all the updates as of last night unless something got messed up somewhere???

These are due to Native version changes, and I can't be bothered fixing them. They're Armagan's fault.

Also, did mining and forestry change in this version?  I have an axe and a pick, but I can't mine or cut wood.

Nothing changed, what's the problem? You hit the trees with an axe and the rocks with a pick. It's not rocket science.

night raider

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 08:57:45 AM »
That's what I was asking - in the last version you just stood there and clicked, no swinging involved.  One thing though, you can chop wood or mine with anything, including bows.

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 03:21:03 PM »
That's what I was asking - in the last version you just stood there and clicked, no swinging involved.  One thing though, you can chop wood or mine with anything, including bows.

I know. As long as you have a proper pickaxe equipped, the code will accept it. Because the PROPER Native operations which I WANTED to use for this crash the game whenever you try to call them.