Author Topic: Relese Date  (Read 20398 times)

ganof

Relese Date
« on: January 17, 2007, 11:52:00 AM »
Yoshiboy,

You said that the release would probably be sometime in December. It is now January and it still hasn't been released, do you have any idea how much longer it's going to be? The mod looks fantastic and I can't wait until if comes out.

messenger

Re: Relese Date
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 12:27:51 PM »
Didn't you hear that it has been cancelled?

lol

Crazy Eyes

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 01:29:21 PM »
Didn't you hear that it has been cancelled?

lol
That is NOT FUNNY!
On a more serious note, I think he said he was going to concentrate on Pirates (shoot me if you know why).

ganof

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 03:01:08 PM »
really!? Where did he say that?

Yoshiboy

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 03:11:22 PM »
I'm Making pirates at the moment. Depending on how much time pirates takes the release date is going to slip back a huge amount. There are also lots of .808 features I want to use in the new release. That, and porting will take ages. So i guess....Don't hope for too much apart from that i release it eventually.

rmancrusader

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 06:39:34 PM »
whew i thot it wz cancelled for good.

ganof

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 03:52:28 PM »
okay, sounds good! Pirates is an awesome mod too :green:.

atilladahun

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 07:01:14 PM »
damn and i just posted saying that you were a modding god.... now i feel stupid :-[

Oubliette

Re: Release Date
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 03:27:41 PM »
Wow, how can I ever hope to follow such forceful rhetoric?

Eovan, I would remind you that numerical hyperbole will get you nowhere - it's completely subjective which mod sounds better. I bet some people have been looking forward to Pirate Mod just as much as you are looking forward to RPG mod. It's just a delay (admittedly a possibly large one, but still). It isn't as though the mod has been dropped without any hope of being released, like we have seen in the past with certain mods. Also, remember that it's dangerous around these 'ere parts to go talking about 'the best mod ever'. If you haven't even played RPG mod how can you possibly know how good it is?

Furthermore, Yoshiboy has no obligation to release the mod any time soon (okay, I'll admit that's debatable). But you should remember that Yoshiboy and the other modders have done a great service to the Mount & Blade community. While we have been enjoying what they have painstakingly produced, they continue to work busily away -out of their own passion for modding- porting their mod to the latest version and continuing to push back the boundaries of the modding scene. We should be grateful for what they have produced, and their continual service to those who follow their mods. Ultimately, this is a passion of theirs though; they are human - their desire to work on a mod can wane. In fact, they can lose interest as easily as you lose your interest in those 23 mods you have for 0.808.

Think for a second about the time you have spent on these mods, and then contrast it with the amount of time that people have put into them. Think about how much you are actually asking of Yoshiboy, and then think about this from his perspective. Most likely, he ought to be thinking something along these lines.

~Oubliette~
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 03:30:18 PM by Oubliette »

Apollon-04

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 03:38:01 PM »
 :D :lol: :D :lol: :D LOL that was hilarious at the end, I;m sorry but that is so funny I couldn't help posting. Also you make a really good point, and we really should try to view from their point of view.

Eother

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 07:13:28 PM »
Ouch.

He has a really good point, IMO. He'll do it when he does it, and if you want him to go faster, be respectful about it.

broodwarcd

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2007, 10:51:31 PM »
I agree it their call weather or not they work on a mod or not. I doubt 4 lines of text will sway them to spend hours of coding and texturing to make one fan happy. Even if they did cancel it; sure allot of people would be disappointed, but hell i would learn how to do all that stuff to try to finish what they started. Never to the quality of that but its no position for you to complain.

Brigadier Hussey

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 02:21:36 AM »
Well spoken Oubliette, Eovan, I myself would ,much rather see Pirates come out, however RPG mod would still be a great addition to the mod's for M&B although not hugely up my street, however the fact is that both are large scale mods that take up far too much time to direct equal amounts of modding time at, otherwise they both won't come out for ages. You just have to deal with the fact that the one Yoshi chose to do is the one you were less keen on, but as Oubliette said, there are many for whom this worked out the right way, myself included.
Peace homie,
Ben.

Offline Nethros

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2007, 01:57:49 AM »
What's up with the grammar?
Are? Somebody shoot me.

ManOfHonor

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2007, 11:39:24 AM »
Are? Somebody shoot me.

AT YOUR READY!

AIM!

FIRE!!

You Are Dead XD

(And so is the 'are', collateral damage you know)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 11:42:19 AM by ManOfHonor »