login

Author Topic: Punkt's Hi-Res Texture Pack 1.2  (Read 14697 times)

punkt

Punkt's Hi-Res Texture Pack 1.2
« on: February 16, 2008, 11:46:38 AM »
I want to present you my texture replacement pack for Mount & Blade. I made this texture pack because I wasn't too happy about the original textures and I believed I could do better. Who knows, maybe you'll like them. I've decided to post here aswell in case you want to use the textures in your work. All I ask in return is to give me credit for my work.
Enjoy!.

Taleworlds forum thread

NOTES
 - BACKUP YOUR Mount&Blade\Textures FOLDER BEFORE USING THIS!
 - Note that most of the textures are quite big (2048 x 2048). I ran the game with these textures on an AMD64 3000+, 2GB RAM and a GF8600 512DDR3 with no problems.
 - All textures are made from scratch or combined from other textures. Mainly I used satellite image parts for the world map textures.
 - If you plan to use this texture back in your mods, I ask only to give me credits for my work and to link back to this page or the M&B repository links.

DOWNLOAD LINKS

Campaign Map Textures Pack 1.2
Battle Map Textures Pack 1.2
[FIX]Ocean & Blood Texture Fix for 1.1 - zip containing the fixed ocean texture & blood textures.

Please suggest additional hosting sites to provide more links.

FILE INFO
Campaign Map Texture Pack - 2048x2048 sized textures which will replace your original World Map textures (like plains, steppe, ocean, mountains, snow, desert, etc). Some textures in this pack will also be used in the battle maps / city maps (like desert or snow)
Battle Map Texture Pack - 2048x2048 & 1024x1024 sized textures which will replace original battle map or city map terrain textures (grass, cliffs, etc).

INSTALLATION
 1 - Make a backup of your Textures folder (e.g. C:\Mount&Blade\Textures)
 2 - Download the Battle Map and/or Campaign Map packs and unpack all dds files in your Textures folder (e.g. C:\Mount&Blade\Textures)
 3 - Play

1.1 SCREENSHOTS (click to zoom in)
CAMPAIGN MAP TEXTURE PACK:

BATTLE MAP TEXTURE PACK:

[

Offline nema

• Journeyman
  • ... what nema made was outside reality...
    • View Profile
    • Guardians party
Re: Punkt's Hi-Res Texture Pack 1.2
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 10:21:48 AM »
They are nice. Good job. :)

Offline nema

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 03:53:49 AM »
I used desert almost everywhere. Can you maybe prepare something better than what I use on map and on fields?

punkt

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 01:25:58 PM »
I can make something if you need, but you'll have to bare with me as I don't have a lot of spare time :)

Offline nema

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 11:04:31 AM »
I can wait. :)
Just take your time.