login

Author Topic: [OLD] Test Release  (Read 16781 times)

night raider

Re: Test Release
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 06:51:50 AM »
I'll test again if you're still looking for bug hunters.

Miko[PL]

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 07:31:31 AM »
So, can i get that privilege too? I tested Pirates of The Caribbean Online, and some other things, so i could be useful

Chaoic16

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 12:24:49 PM »
After having an eye on your very first work on mount and blade several years ago (I think i twas .7xx series, I am trying to remember), on your storyline.  Seeing you progressing so much, where I also enjoyed your hard work to filllfull.  I feel like I owe you a beta testing, because of hard work you have poured into mount and blade, in order, to expande mount and blade into a whole new games with your passion into writing your stories and developings mods through diffcult journey.

When I have a free time in my unversity studies, I would like to beta test your mod, and there are one thing that caught my eye.  And that is, being able to actually mine the ores and cut down tree by striking on them using equpments where I was thinking of the same thing when playing your craftmod for previous version of mod.  This truly surpise me, I also would like to test the different unique features in your craftmod.  Even if I have a small amount of free time, I would like to use some of these times ot test your beta version of your craftmod if you decide to accept me as one of your beta tester. (In case, you didnt remember who I was, I am Eagle114th from forums.taleworld.com)

:)

Chaoic out...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 12:31:52 PM by Chaoic16 »

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2008, 01:01:47 PM »
New applicants approved. You've all got access to the beta forum.

I'm not going to be able to incorporate horse rearing time trials today, I'm not sure if I feel like adding them at all, given what a huge pain in the arse they are. I may redo the whole concept to function without a new mission template, as I don't want to make any new templates at the moment. I'm also considering reworking the craft modifier system, had a couple of good ideas for that, so I'll let you know how it goes.

I expect to upload a new test release later tonight. This will include new text files as well as a BRF and textures for choppable trees and mining rocks.

P.S. Next release should also see the return of item repair/upgrading, recoded from scratch for elegance. It will no longer require using the anvil/box containers.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 01:05:58 PM by Winter »

Chaoic16

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2008, 03:44:54 PM »
New applicants approved. You've all got access to the beta forum.

I'm not going to be able to incorporate horse rearing time trials today, I'm not sure if I feel like adding them at all, given what a huge pain in the arse they are. I may redo the whole concept to function without a new mission template, as I don't want to make any new templates at the moment. I'm also considering reworking the craft modifier system, had a couple of good ideas for that, so I'll let you know how it goes.

I expect to upload a new test release later tonight. This will include new text files as well as a BRF and textures for choppable trees and mining rocks.

P.S. Next release should also see the return of item repair/upgrading, recoded from scratch for elegance. It will no longer require using the anvil/box containers.

You should not worry too much about horse rearing for now, instead, we can focus on other features while finding every single glitches/bugs to be ironed out.  By that time, you iron all of bugs, you would add horse rearing to it, therefore saving you times from sorting out many bugs at one time.  Its more effiicent to sort out pieces of bugs, but thats only my opinion and I dont have the right to speak thing about modding mount and blade when I have tiny amount of experiences with these.  But hey, I still am willing to post more of my suggestions, as long they are useful to you.

Chaoic out...

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2008, 07:01:06 PM »
New test release is up on the beta forum. All currently-reported bugs fixed -- please run through it as heavily as you can and report anything anomalous, preferably with screenshots. Also, don't forget to test retainers. You can create retainers by talking to troops in your party, and then equip them by talking to said retainers whilst having 5 or more items of the same type in your inventory.

No time trials, but item upgrading is in and (as far as I can tell) functioning beautifully. If I wanted I could even add a success/failure system to it based on the appropriate craftskill level. I'm not going to, but it's now possible, which is really cool.

Time trials . . . I've got something in mind, I may try it out tomorrow. It would require you to hit a series of scene props in a particular order, and the timer would stop once you hit the final prop.

reaperofdoom

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2008, 07:59:21 PM »
I'll test if you will have me!

Offline Fisheye

• Blues Brother
  • Guildsman
  • My scalp's so bright, I gotta wear shades.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2008, 09:13:02 PM »
Time trials . . . I've got something in mind, I may try it out tomorrow. It would require you to hit a series of scene props in a particular order, and the timer would stop once you hit the final prop.

Omigod, quintains  :D  put the love of jousting back in me again!

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2008, 09:39:21 PM »
Omigod, quintains  :D  put the love of jousting back in me again!

Make me a quintain model and texture and I'll make it happen. ;)

Just separate it into two parts, standy bit and turny bit, and I'll make it rotate properly as well.

Erahgon

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2008, 10:58:13 PM »
Sign me up.

The_Dark_Fire

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2008, 04:21:11 AM »
I loved the old craft mod and I'd like to help test this one.

Ollieh

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2008, 04:37:41 AM »
I would like to test it, please.

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2008, 05:16:18 AM »
New applicants approved.

Still no bugs reported -- test more, people! Surely there's SOMETHING still broken!

hambal

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2008, 10:10:29 AM »
uhm i was approved but i can't find the mod
sorry if this looks really noobish but im not used to forums and english is not my native language

Predak

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2008, 02:51:20 PM »
I've heard a lot about this mod, and I would really enjoy trying it out. May I test?