Author Topic: TLD: Bug Reports for 2.2.1  (Read 11374 times)

Offline Senta

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: TLD: Bug Reports for 2.2.1
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2007, 05:35:00 PM »
He was trying to help. Your problem was associated with a mini mod (trying to give them troops). Which could have caused the bug. There could be nothing wrong with the original version, the mini mod might have screwed it up.

well, of course it was associated with mini mod and not a fault of TLD, but since quite a few people use Yogi's mods and they are endorsed - in a way - on official TLD forum here, i figured there's no harm in asking whether anyone encountered this very problem. one way or another, i sorted it out by simply letting 24 hrs pass before talking to the host again.

Pellidon

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2007, 07:13:22 PM »
i didn't mean to sound moronic, i spoke the truth. i'm perfectly happy to use the original without any mini mods added, i personally think they screw up the mod by making it too easy. when you use mini mods, you're doing so at your own risk. i'm not very sympathetic, and being needlessly belligerent isn't going to help you get a response any faster. i suggested a very effective way of removing your problem and i would recommend not using these mini mods for anyone playing TLD. it's your choice of course, but i don't think anyone cares enough to try to fix your problem and that's the price you pay for using the mini mods. i'm not going to force you to do anything, i'm just giving you the most honest and effective solution i have and there's no reason to treat me with such little respect jusy because that's not the answer you wanted to hear.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 07:29:37 PM by Pellidon »

Offline Senta

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2007, 08:07:17 PM »
i didn't mean to sound moronic, i spoke the truth. i'm perfectly happy to use the original without any mini mods added, i personally think they screw up the mod by making it too easy. when you use mini mods, you're doing so at your own risk. i'm not very sympathetic, and being needlessly belligerent isn't going to help you get a response any faster. i suggested a very effective way of removing your problem and i would recommend not using these mini mods for anyone playing TLD. it's your choice of course, but i don't think anyone cares enough to try to fix your problem and that's the price you pay for using the mini mods. i'm not going to force you to do anything, i'm just giving you the most honest and effective solution i have and there's no reason to treat me with such little respect jusy because that's not the answer you wanted to hear.

sorry man, i thought you are being sarcastc. as far as mini-mod making things easier, well i do use it to donate troops not to reinforce myself  ;)
like i said in the previous post, i managed to find a solution, so no worries.

Pellidon

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2007, 08:32:40 PM »
alright, we're cool, no harm done, thanks for the respect.

Offline The Yogi

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2007, 04:04:28 PM »
happened twice so far, game gets stuck on "hail rider" screen when i tried to give some troops to the great host of Rohan. it never happened before, i made no changes to the game (i am playing with all of Yogi's mini-mods). it only happened after i gave them orders to follow me. sounds are playing in the background etc, there's just no way to advance the dialogue.

it's exactly same situation as one guy on TW forums had.

"I encountered a strange bug.

I approached a large rohan host. I used some influence to order it to follow me.

We were passing one of the enemy camps, the rohan host dropped my order to follow me and instead created an order for it to "follow" the camp.

I got into talking range again and went to re-issue the order.

The screen is now stuck with the host telling me "Hunting orcs is grueling business, a short rest is welcome"

The game is still running.Even the fps changes. But i am stuck in the screen where the host says the above lines.

I simply cant get out of it,to continue the game.

I can alt tab out, and than end the game.Which is what im going to do.

This is the first real bug ive encountered so, im posting it to let you know about it."

as far as i know it was never resolved. any ideas guys?

Question: What faction were you playing, Gondor or Rohan? Because going through the script, I noticed that for all other Rohan units (scouts, patrols etc), the requisite for being able to give orders is being allied with GONDOR. Prolly a leftover from copy-pasting the entry. But for a Great host of Rohan, the requisite was being allied with Rohan.

I'll see if I can squash this one for you.

Offline Senta

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2007, 04:53:19 PM »
happened twice so far, game gets stuck on "hail rider" screen when i tried to give some troops to the great host of Rohan. it never happened before, i made no changes to the game (i am playing with all of Yogi's mini-mods). it only happened after i gave them orders to follow me. sounds are playing in the background etc, there's just no way to advance the dialogue.

it's exactly same situation as one guy on TW forums had.

"I encountered a strange bug.

I approached a large rohan host. I used some influence to order it to follow me.

We were passing one of the enemy camps, the rohan host dropped my order to follow me and instead created an order for it to "follow" the camp.

I got into talking range again and went to re-issue the order.

The screen is now stuck with the host telling me "Hunting orcs is grueling business, a short rest is welcome"

The game is still running.Even the fps changes. But i am stuck in the screen where the host says the above lines.

I simply cant get out of it,to continue the game.

I can alt tab out, and than end the game.Which is what im going to do.

This is the first real bug ive encountered so, im posting it to let you know about it."

as far as i know it was never resolved. any ideas guys?

Question: What faction were you playing, Gondor or Rohan? Because going through the script, I noticed that for all other Rohan units (scouts, patrols etc), the requisite for being able to give orders is being allied with GONDOR. Prolly a leftover from copy-pasting the entry. But for a Great host of Rohan, the requisite was being allied with Rohan.

I'll see if I can squash this one for you.

i played Rohan. bug went away after a day or more passed in-game, so it' snothing too serious. appreciate help nonetheless!  :)

Gurugaro

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2007, 02:17:57 AM »
I'm playing Isengard and after Rohan has been defeated I get assertion failed on The Capture Gondor Agent Quest. After Skip it says he is traveling from Minas Tirith to Minas Tirith. This is not a hard core character so I've never played it through just Quit and Load to get a different Quest. It's bugged every time I get this quest no matter who is giving it.