Author Topic: Bug Reports for v0.6.2  (Read 41051 times)

Offline fujiwara

• View Profile
Bug Reports for v0.6.2
« on: February 03, 2008, 09:27:16 am »
Please post bug reports for v0.6.2-b2558 here.

Planned addtions for this next release are:

• Dictionary
  • Boats
  • Topographical map for commands

Enjoy!

The horses tend to get their legs caught in the catapult rather than being properly launched.

Aethelwyn

Re: Bug Reports for v0.6.2
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 10:35:53 am »
Awesome -- thanks, Fujiwara-san!

One thing I noticed doesn't seem to work:  Inns.  The inkeeper still just takes your money and nothing else happens.

Offline fujiwara

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 01:51:14 pm »
Yes, that's still wonky. Haven't figured that out yet.

The horses tend to get their legs caught in the catapult rather than being properly launched.

Rince Wind

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 04:34:30 pm »
I was riding around South Kyoto and the only building I could find was the inn. And even that didn't have this little thing hanging from the roof.
I was looking for the Dojo there. Do they still have one there? Or did it burn down when the city was sacked? ;)

so, I will go back to killing bandits.

c ya
Rince Wind

Offline fujiwara

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 01:12:46 am »
All the cities (South Kyoto included) are now broken up into 'wards' (kinda like the way Tokyo is today...how appropriate :) ). Go through the gates to explore the rest of the city.

Aethelwyn

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 06:47:53 am »
Confirmed:  dojo quests work.   8)

Also confirmed a little bug with most (all?) of the dojo, where the school name doesn't show up where it's supposed to.  The sensei say "You are now [...] of  school."  (Brackets are just to avoid giving much away to those who don't already know, the pertinent part is the double space right before "school".)  I'm sure you already know about this one too.

Oh, and the duellists still pop up an RLG error when you try to fight them.  This time, I haven't been able to "ignore" the error and fight anyway.  Doing so, so far, just seems to hang M&B entirely.  Again, probably known.

ConstantA

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 07:05:19 am »
Entering Kyoto Dojo:

"Assertion failed.

Path: M&B Path.
File: e:\develop\mb\program\src\mission.h
Line: 3244

Expression: cur_game->troops[i_troop].get_current_site()>0"

M&B completely hangs.

Aethelwyn

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 08:27:14 am »
Huh.  I just did the Kyoto dojo quest yesterday and got no such error.  I wonder what's different between our setups?

Unfortunately, I won't be in a position to check mine until later this evening.  Fujiwara (or anyone), if you can think of helpful diagnostics here let us know.

Oh, one thing I can say is that the character I'm starting with is a Hosokawa retainer on the "Bushi path."  Perhaps that's the first thing to check, what faction and quest line you're in?

EDIT:  Incidentally, I wanted to mention -- the wards really help, when one wants to traipse through the cities.  It does make things harder to find though, especially since the signs blend in.  I'm thinking nice red markers in the future  8)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 08:59:32 am by Aethelwyn »

Rince Wind

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 09:04:21 am »
All the cities (South Kyoto included) are now broken up into 'wards' (kinda like the way Tokyo is today...how appropriate :) ). Go through the gates to explore the rest of the city.

Ah thank you, the gates were closed, so I just ignored them.

I was able to ignore the Duelist error, but then I had to use tab to leave, because I just saw sky and couldn't move. I had one in my Party though. :)

Offline fujiwara

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 10:12:39 am »
Entering Kyoto Dojo:

"Assertion failed.

M&B completely hangs.

Strange, since the Kyoto dojo is the one I tested most heavily. What faction/class were you, did you have any other NPCs?

Aethelwyn

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 10:30:19 pm »
Finally got around to the Sanda quest.  It cannot be finished.  You get a scroll-by message that the quest is complete, but when you talk to the kokujin, the dialogue is without option:

Kokujin:  "Is it finished yet?"
Player: "No, I have more work to do."
Kokujin: "Well, get to it...."
-- end scene --

I think that's a little different than previous incarnations, but I can't remember now.  Oh well.  At least sanzoku bring in good money at the headhunter's.  :P

ConstantA

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 12:00:12 pm »
Strange, since the Kyoto dojo is the one I tested most heavily. What faction/class were you, did you have any other NPCs?
I started as ronin, then joined Hosokawa to become Ronin-Investigator. With me are Shinbo, Akikane and Hiromoto.

P.S. The Imazu Dojo still gives you points in archery.

UPDATE: I tried again - and there's no errors. I'll test it thoroughly.
UPDATE_2: Another town, west ward, entering dojo - same error. (But now I have Katatomo with me also).
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 12:40:56 pm by ConstantA »

Huiutzlopochtli

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 06:00:31 pm »
I have the same problem of appear a sky screen after accept a duel, and the following message appears all the time:

SCRIPT WARNING ON OPCODE 1720: Invalid Agent ID: -1; LINE NO 30:
At Mission Template mst_duel trigger no: 8 consequences.

After completing the kengo path, popup sometimes (i believe once a day) a window with the message that you are a kengo. And there's missions for a kengo? I don't found anyone yet.

And i got once time a error with the Kyoto dojo, but at other times had no problem.

[Johny]

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 03:00:38 am »
I face bug - during dialogs with any NPC( party member, vendors, etc) window with face are not snown. I have only black window.
It's  became hard to divide similar troops by faction, cause i can't see armor color.

Also, again meet bug with double quest items - invintation letter for kuge. Need to check SharpWave quest.

Aethelwyn

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 08:39:47 am »
Entering Kyoto Dojo:

"Assertion failed.

M&B completely hangs.

I ran into this era at Tsuruga last night.  My first thought was, "Maybe it's because my party is full," so I ditched an ashigaru and tried again.  Nope.  I didn't have time to try releasing ALL my non-hero characters, which will be my next attempt; I can't recall if I had any with me in previous dojo visits.

EDIT:  It's not party size or even party health that seems to be at fault, since I was able to do another one of the dojo quests just fine.  Then I rushed back to Tsuruga, where error messages awaited me.  Have yet to start a new character to try fresh though.  Has anyone succeeded at getting into the Tsuruga dojo?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 09:17:45 am by Aethelwyn »