login

Author Topic: TLD: Concept Art  (Read 626425 times)

DaBlade

Re: TLD: Concept Art
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2007, 11:52:59 AM »
Here's a slightly changed version:

Yoshiboy

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2007, 11:57:49 AM »
Looks great!

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2007, 12:02:30 PM »
I like it, especially the sleeves.
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

octoburn

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2007, 07:26:00 PM »
I like it, alot. but, would an archer wear a shirt that has sleeves that baggy? methinks it would interfere with the actual archery part, in real life. but I'm no expert on actual archers, just a nit-picking asshole, so ignore me if you please :P

DaBlade

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2007, 08:53:09 PM »
I like it, alot. but, would an archer wear a shirt that has sleeves that baggy? methinks it would interfere with the actual archery part, in real life. but I'm no expert on actual archers, just a nit-picking asshole, so ignore me if you please :P

If you would edit the model he wouldn't, heh.  :P

Here's another one using another new .808 model, this would be a Lothlorien knight based on Merlkir's sketch. I couldn't give him the appropriate helm and shield, but you get the idea.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 08:57:43 PM by DaBlade »

octoburn

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2007, 09:13:27 PM »
that one looks nice as well :D I actually sent Aw a BRF with the redone Lorien Knight shield a while back, after he sent out the dev version. I also have the Lorien Helm at a point where I'm fairly satisfied with it and it could be textured... I've sent you a few emails over the last couple of months, with texture maps for various things, as well as the redone Dunland shields, but hadn't heard back so I wasn't sure if you got them or not...

DaBlade

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2007, 09:24:08 PM »
Send me a texture map for the helm.  :)

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2007, 12:58:45 AM »
ooooohhh....my sketches finally come to life. Lovable :)

About the archer, don't worry, good archers don't have a problem with baggy sleeves.

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2007, 03:58:56 AM »
and I loved that helm Octo made for Lothlorien knights actually. I hope It the texture turns out just as great. :)

Anshelm Lays

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2007, 04:16:55 AM »
oh, those screens are looking great!
absolutely wonderful job guys(and girls if any  :green:)
keep up the good work!

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2007, 04:37:15 AM »
I think there are no girls in the TLD team. Unless Octo or Blade hide their true identity (I've always suspected them  :) ;))

octoburn

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2007, 09:03:53 AM »
I actually had to completely redo the Lorien Knight helm, as it was waaaaaaaaaaaaay to high poly... I've got a new one done now, that's like 1/4 of the polies of that last one  :lol:

the rivendell and Lothlorien shields I redid... DaBlade's textures...

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2007, 09:24:32 AM »
woot :) nice. Not very flashy, but attractive. with the 0.808 shaders these are going to look amazing. Good job, guys :)

octo: and the helmet looks good? 3/4 polygon reduction sounds serious :)

Yoshiboy

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2007, 10:40:53 AM »
on the Lothlorien knight texture I'd consider making the chain mail around the top silver again, it feels like there is a little too much gold. Although i'm not sure.

DaBlade

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2007, 12:49:55 PM »
on the Lothlorien knight texture I'd consider making the chain mail around the top silver again, it feels like there is a little too much gold. Although i'm not sure.

I'm not done with it yet. I'm even not sure that will be chain, depends on the helm. I'll need to see it with all the gear before making further adjustements.

Octo, those shields are looking better now, good job.  :) I don't like the color scheme I used on the top one much, but I'll work on it one of these days.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 12:56:07 PM by DaBlade »