Author Topic: TLD: Concept Art  (Read 791871 times)

Father Chains

Re: TLD: Concept Art
« Reply #1260 on: November 17, 2007, 07:22:04 AM »
Almost looks like concept art for that Karl Urban viking movie :lol:

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #1261 on: November 17, 2007, 09:27:14 AM »
Guys, DeviantArt has finally updated user galleries so we can adjust their organization to our own liking. So for instance I can create a folder/profile TLD which will contain only TLD pictures. And subfolders for all the factions/armor/weapons and shit...
So it'll be organized and easier to search in. ;)
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Balduran

« Reply #1262 on: November 17, 2007, 09:39:52 AM »
Guys, DeviantArt has finally updated user galleries so we can adjust their organization to our own liking. So for instance I can create a folder/profile TLD which will contain only TLD pictures. And subfolders for all the factions/armor/weapons and shit...
Really? Are you aware if it's available for everyone or only the subscribed accounts?

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: November 17, 2007, 10:34:07 AM »
Really? Are you aware if it's available for everyone or only the subscribed accounts?

I don't have a paid account and it seems to be working..

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline Triglav

• Master
  • I'll bite your axe off!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: November 17, 2007, 02:25:21 PM »

I think it's quite clear that they weren't fantasy like "troll-men", but ordinary large black men, unfamiliar to the people of Gondor who encountered them:

Yeah, you probably mean like one of these two weirdos:

However I never understood them as large african black men, but as man-like trolls with black (more like orcish) skin.
Instead of the usual fat clumsy troll, I'd imagine these tall and lean, with very dark grey skin.

Maybe if we come up with a concept derived from such ideas:

"Of course, just by reading this forum you get a geek point. If you post you get a lifetime membership card.
If you contribute to the mod your praises are sung by the lords of dorkistan for an age and a half."
-Ancientwanker

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: November 17, 2007, 02:53:59 PM »
well, I always thought they were just really big african zulu looking dudes. But if we agree on something more real-half-trollish, I won't mind really. LOTR:TW has them like that, they use scythes! :D O_O

here's how they looked in the movies. O_O it's actually quite cool. imo.

http://lotrtcg.fanhq.com/TCG/Card.aspx?gameID=7&listID=55&cardNum=14012
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 03:02:19 PM by Merlkir »

Offline Ancientwanker

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: November 17, 2007, 03:37:38 PM »
Well, I always thought it was just a figure of speech. Maybe even a little racist..heh. But a figure of speech.  I'd prefer Far Harad as simply black skinned men.  Its not really a big deal though, we can cross that road when we get to it.

Father Chains

« Reply #1267 on: November 17, 2007, 07:55:02 PM »
No, I really, really doubt they were actual half-trolls. Tolkien explicitly states that they were black men like half-trolls. An exceptionally tall tribe, like the Tutsis, but much broader built, would fit the bill here, with small pupils and very red tongues added.

DaBlade

« Reply #1268 on: November 17, 2007, 09:22:32 PM »
Yeah, they would probably be just big and ugly black men.

Duuvian

« Reply #1269 on: November 17, 2007, 09:44:58 PM »
He might have meant troll-like in how they act and live, rather than looks. Half-troll might suggest this, since it would be hard for any kind of man to live like a troll, Im assuming.

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: November 18, 2007, 03:47:18 AM »
 :lol: this is just...lol. But made me think. Trolls carrying orc archers? ents carrying rock throwing hobbits? :D :D

Balduran

« Reply #1271 on: November 18, 2007, 04:40:43 AM »
:lol: this is just...lol. But made me think. Trolls carrying orc archers? ents carrying rock throwing hobbits? :D :D

It's not a bad idea... But only if the 'obbits won't sit like that babe  :-\

Offline Zenosknight

• Guildsman
  • Success is measured in blood; yours or the enemys
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: November 18, 2007, 11:25:38 PM »
Oh my warcraft III sheeet....
what mod is this? 0.o
or is this personalized? ><!

Offline Boiled Ice

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: November 18, 2007, 11:53:21 PM »
Personalized I think I read.  That picture is from the main screenshots thread over at taleworlds. 

Although it looks cool wouldn't you always shoot your "horse" when you try to shot left or backwards.  Would be better if it was the left arm that the character sits on.

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile