login

Author Topic: Any chance for .808?  (Read 3328 times)

Calradian

Any chance for .808?
« on: January 18, 2008, 07:17:09 AM »
There is any chance to a holy war version for .808?

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: Any chance for .808?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 07:33:23 AM »
There is any chance to a holy war version for .808?

The developer's version for .808 was not released due to the absence of several key features, specifically pertaining to the handling of siege engines and assaults against walls, and clumsy formation commands.  While "playable" in the most loosely defined use of the term, it was not ready for release.

The next version will be released for .90x (hopefully) or later.  Raz is working on porting it, and reported good progress not too long ago.  (I talk to him on MSN at least once a week.)  However, there will be a closed beta test cycle as well (because that's the way Raz likes to do things), so don't expect anything in the next few days, if you get my drift.  There's still a LOT of work to be done on this thing.

From myself and the rest of the developers and beta test team ... we too are waiting impatiently.  However, as Raz is the only actual programmer on this project, we kind of have to wait on him to clean up some of the stuff.  Next time I talk to him, I'll see what I can do to hurry things along ... but I don't make any promises.

YellowPaco

Re: Any chance for .808?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 07:23:09 PM »
Good luck!  :green: