Author Topic: Stefano's New Troll Topic  (Read 8663 times)

Offline Ancientwanker

• Master
    • View Profile
Stefano's New Troll Topic
« on: January 17, 2007, 07:57:25 AM »
I was recently contacted by Ancientwanker to make a exclusive troll to this mod.
Tell me what you think. C&c is quite important to me.

1st step: concept art.
1st
2nd
3nd

2st step: meshes.
head front nod
head horizontal rotation
body + head horizontal rotation
semi-final model (assuming rigging will work.  :lol: )
perpendicular camera
elevated camera
rigging tests
view1 (size: 1mb sorry...) > didn't re-read the quote from the LOTR, turned toes into thumbs and chopped off the wrong finger. Oops.  :lol:

Jakethief

Re: Stefano's New Troll Topic
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 03:33:54 PM »
Like I've said before, I'll say it again. The trolls look awsome.

Are trolls going to be playable?

Brigadier Hussey

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 08:13:39 PM »
Have we heard anything about Stefano and his trolls yet? I noticed he hasn't signed into the taleworlds forum for quite a long time, I don't know if he has contacted AW or not though, This would be useful to know as I am waiting on some models from him but If he hasn't contacted or left an explanation for how long he will be away I will get on and get someone else onto them.

Merentha

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 01:49:21 AM »
Stefano recently posted an "im back" message in TW's Off Topic, so he's around.

Are trolls going to be playable?
It'd be hard for me to imagine a troll leading armies.  Besides, that's a lot of power and armor already at the player's disposal.  What's the point of starting with a very high power draw and innate armor?  I suppose you could if you wanted to...

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 01:56:28 AM »
Assuming also that a troll would have the intelligence of a stone, you would need some NPC heroes with high skills in such areas as medical.  Plus a troll's charisma would probably be a negative number, so he wouldn't be leading much.

triato

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 09:29:09 AM »
Olog hai were intelligent trolls, as much as cunning men if I remember well. Charisma does not need to be prettyness, specially between orcs and Trolls.

The model is great!, but could the troll be done without toes like the book says? or with small and/or clustered toes? The books says they were toeless and the modell has long toes. Remember, they lived in caves!
If the model is left there it is still great for me, good work.

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 01:56:43 PM »
Olog hai were intelligent trolls, as much as cunning men if I remember well. Charisma does not need to be prettyness, specially between orcs and Trolls.

The model is great!, but could the troll be done without toes like the book says? or with small and/or clustered toes? The books says they were toeless and the modell has long toes. Remember, they lived in caves!
If the model is left there it is still great for me, good work.

it has indeed been made toeless. The troll is quite old piece of work. I haven't heard from Stefano for a long time. I hope he gets back for a while and finishes some more of his fantastic stuff. Pity the animation support is still not ready..
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

octoburn

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 08:58:21 PM »
yeah, that was actually a language translation problem... Stefano's first language isn't English and in his language (which I don't recall) toe is the same word as thumb. which is why that model has no thumbs. that could be interesting while trying to hold a sword. :P

Jairion

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 02:40:11 AM »
Everything but the left leg is good. The step of it just looks weird, its too long. Or its because of the position of the foot.
And it has no genitals. But that's a good thing.

Ah well.

sneer

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 03:45:30 AM »
very nice
question if hit boxes can be moved so troll would be proper size

Finos

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 04:09:32 AM »
That troll is great! Those in 0.751 look kinda like mutated frogs

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2007, 04:44:43 AM »
sadly, the mutated frogs will be in 0.808 version too. Still don't have the support for animations and skeletons.
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

DaBlade

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 08:24:31 AM »
Yeah, but those are mutated ninja frogs, so watchout. :lol:

But seriously, consider yourself lucky to have those; it's much better than not have any.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 08:29:13 AM by DaBlade »

Nahkis

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2007, 09:53:07 AM »
Yeah, and they must be the deadliest infantry troops there are.

Finos

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2007, 06:37:54 AM »
Yeah, better have wierd trolls than no trolls at all...  Man it once took me 6 headshots to kill one