login

Author Topic: Bug Reports for v0.6.1  (Read 31870 times)

Offline fujiwara

• View Profile
Bug Reports for v0.6.1
« on: December 22, 2007, 05:03:45 pm »
Please report any bugs for v0.6.1 here.

The horses tend to get their legs caught in the catapult rather than being properly launched.

Aethelwyn

Re: Bug Reports for v0.6.1
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 10:45:25 pm »
Hooray for a new release :)

One bug noticed:  Innkeepers gladly take your money, but the trigger to make time pass doesn't work.  So they're not good for resting.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 02:52:19 am »
Caught a minor one.  Akikane starts out boasting he is an archer, but the bow he begins with is a minimum PD4, he has PD 3 and strength of 6.  Players are required to replace his bow, or wait until he gets like 6 levels, for him to be able to shoot.

Offline fujiwara

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 08:21:48 am »
Hooray for a new release :)

One bug noticed:  Innkeepers gladly take your money, but the trigger to make time pass doesn't work.  So they're not good for resting.

Grrr...I thought I fixed this...

Akikane starts out boasting he is an archer, but the bow he begins with is a minimum PD4, he has PD 3 and strength of 6.  Players are required to replace his bow, or wait until he gets like 6 levels, for him to be able to shoot.

This is easy to fix. Good eye.

The horses tend to get their legs caught in the catapult rather than being properly launched.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 08:45:39 am »
I didn't think my eye was that sharp ... that bug with his bow being wrong for his skills was in several versions back, but I kept forgetting to either report it or just fix it myself when I was looking at the module system.

At least the loot is looking better.

But the early bad guys sure are tough.  I'm going to have to get a strategy.  I mean, we wanted some challenge factor, but it looks like we got it.

Unrelated, should smiths sell shruiken, Chinese crossbows or pellet bows?  Because they do not.  (A twist on that might be if general merchants sold the Chinese crossbows, rather than weaponsmiths, to suggest they were imported.  Or if only cities on the Sea of Japan coast carried them.)

Offline fujiwara

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2007, 02:07:34 pm »
Shuriken will only be sold in Iga or Koga

Chinese crossbows I don't know about yet. I'm not inclined to have them be sold anywhere. If they do end up be up for sale, it'll be in Takeda or Sakai from an 'imported goods' merchant.

Pellet crossbows I'm a little more open to being sold openly, but by whom I'm not sure.

To that end, and to solve several issues with the city scene, I'm going to break the cities up into multiple wards, each its own small scene. The port cities (Hyogo, Sakai, Wakayama) will have a special scene down by the port (hoping to use Aethelwyn's fantastic boats, even if they're static) where the imported goods merchants can set up shop.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2007, 05:03:52 pm »
Speaking of which ... we can get that ship code whenever you are ready, or wait for Pirates of Calradia to finish testing it - either way you prefer.

Aethelwyn

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 05:34:57 pm »
OK, I seem to be running into problems with quests.  As a Hosokawa retainer with a shugo in Takase, I was appointed to quash some rebels near Misaki.  A local patrol had started the job by the time I got there, but I helped, and got the "Quest Succeeded" message.  But upon reporting back to Takase, my only dialogue options under "About the job you gave me..." were "I haven't finished it yet" and "I can't finish it."  Needless to say, my Shugo was disappointed -- as was I.

Similar problems arose with a mission to get the kokujin of Takase a joint, err, I mean a bolt of hemp.

For reference, the character I started with is a lady bushi, and I haven't tried a male character yet.  Don't know if that's relevant or not.

Offline hayate666

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2007, 05:55:20 pm »
I've started a new game as a ronin and my katana doesn't have a cross guard. Only the outer ring is visible, the rest is completely transparent. I've checked with the drunk samurai npc, but his sword doesn't have a cross guard either.

Honnou

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2007, 09:06:01 pm »
Haven't played yet, just giving a bit of info for the guy above: cross guards are basically a line, IE, turning a longsword into a t.  Japanese, as well as several kinds of Korean and Chinese swords, have a full round (Or close enough to round, such as square  :lol:) handguard, which in Japan, is called a tsuba.

As for the problem, I noticed it in the past, it's some kinda Alpha channel problem.  That, or, Fuji and Ron wanted half the swords to be swords in those funky aikichi-like koshirae.  I've seen a few, they look cool, but I'd prefer to have the extra protection.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 10:20:24 pm »
I've started a new game as a ronin and my katana doesn't have a cross guard. Only the outer ring is visible, the rest is completely transparent. I've checked with the drunk samurai npc, but his sword doesn't have a cross guard either.

The transparent cutouts in some of the tsuba are a little over-done.  As a result, they only show up well at higher resolutions and if you are close.  The more intricate ones are quite difficult to see at distance.  They show up properly in BRFEdit, but at lower resolutions in the game, they're hard to see.

As soon as mtarini gets back to me with the new shaders, I plan to touch those up a bit - make the cutouts smaller, so the tsuba will be more visible at distance.  Hate to start it now, however, as it would have to be redone when that next part is ready.  However, I did a test and I am sure I can fix them easily enough once we get there.

Duuvian

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2007, 11:35:53 pm »
For the crossbow, would some of the travelling merchants be of Chinese origin? Or their goods at least?

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2007, 11:39:13 pm »
For the crossbow, would some of the travelling merchants be of Chinese origin? Or their goods at least?

Seems unlikely that anyone as landlocked as a peddler with a cart would be international.  Sailors, sure ... they would be Chinese, Korean, whatever.  Pirates, maybe, same as sailors but gone bad.

Any international goods would most likely show up around ports.

Duuvian

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2007, 11:58:11 pm »
Well, by travelling, maybe he has visited those ports; what I meant was more of a suggestion that if you needed someone who just might carry the rare crossbow, maybe the guy with said  cart of weapons might not be a bad idea. (along with what Ron said about ports)

I'm bout to download the patch, my next post in this thread will have a bug report if I find something.

[Johny]

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2007, 02:12:42 am »
OK, I seem to be running into problems with quests.  As a Hosokawa retainer with a shugo in Takase, I was appointed to quash some rebels near Misaki.  A local patrol had started the job by the time I got there, but I helped, and got the "Quest Succeeded" message.  But upon reporting back to Takase, my only dialogue options under "About the job you gave me..." were "I haven't finished it yet" and "I can't finish it."  Needless to say, my Shugo was disappointed -- as was I.

Similar problems arose with a mission to get the kokujin of Takase a joint, err, I mean a bolt of hemp.

For reference, the character I started with is a lady bushi, and I haven't tried a male character yet.  Don't know if that's relevant or not.

Same problems with Yamana  Shugo and nearest sitie's Kokujins. I have such bugs with competition of Goods quest (collect some packs of goods) and with bandits raids quest - i defeated bandit party near Nara, but kokujins dialog have not competition reply.

Some bugs with dojo's:
- Kyoto dojo hasn't kengo path option, dialod with master have only "tell me about you" option.
- during kengo quest at Oya dojo i notice that this dojo train archery skill, but one of sparing partners is attacking with naginata, IMHO it's strange when everybory shoot with bows - lonely runer goes with naginata.