Author Topic: TLD: Suggestions  (Read 878256 times)

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: TLD: Suggestions
« Reply #2115 on: April 23, 2010, 08:31:22 AM »
As far as the movies are concerned, they used the trolls to push the siege towers. I want to engage trolls out in the open.

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #2116 on: April 23, 2010, 08:56:17 AM »
As far as the movies are concerned, they used the trolls to push the siege towers. I want to engage trolls out in the open.

which makes this irrelevant.
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Aranvardo

« Reply #2117 on: April 23, 2010, 10:50:43 AM »
   Yes, well, please stay focused people, i'm asking about raiding... ;) nevermind the freaking trolls...

Tautalos

« Reply #2118 on: April 23, 2010, 12:07:32 PM »

which makes this irrelevant.

Not at all, I was talking about the cave trolls from the Misty Mountains, not the ones from Mordor. I think the cave trolls wouldn't get too far from their mountain caves to go on raiding or campaigning with the orcs. When the orcs had a need to sally out they would ally with the Wargs, but that's it.

Q: As a bad guy... Will you be able to raid villages? in such case you shold always allow to choose a real time battle scene or the abstracted one, just to kill everything, even if overwhelming, like 10 farmers against say, 65 orcs & a cave troll, than when taking the loot you can take human meat & prisioners if left anyone alive... I mean, some people loves using bad characters & cause destruction... not my case, but every angle must be considered, i think...  And what better way to get that "I'm so bad" feeling than breaking havoc among villages, right? Even an extra for evil factions, they get resources faster, cause of this... realistic if you think, Sauron never had to worry about his orcs' food supplies

Human meat? I thought that was already in, or maybe Im confusing this with the paleolithic mod. When it comes to Mordor orcs, Sauron had slaves farming in southern Mordor to supply his troops. It's not like they had fresh meat available all the time.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 12:18:16 PM by Tautalos »

Aranvardo

« Reply #2119 on: April 24, 2010, 08:26:20 PM »
     Another thing that bothers me from almost all RPG's is that you find across the game hundred of extras with youur character face... you should have a set of faces made only for the player's character, don't know if it is possible, oh and i just remembered!!! when i got my BATTLE SCARS trait i couldn't change my PC face for one of the scarred... that's when i was gondorian... you could do that... making a few skins unique for the PC... at least a few faces and their scarred version... so people can play with this too... just an immersion issue that would be nice... don't know if it is possible to make faces that the game won't use...

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: April 25, 2010, 01:03:58 AM »
Problem is, Mount and Blade has a skins limit... and the limit has already just about capped on TLD. Warband might have more skins allowed, though.

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: April 25, 2010, 01:51:58 AM »
Problem is, Mount and Blade has a skins limit... and the limit has already just about capped on TLD. Warband might have more skins allowed, though.

The skins limit means a limit on races, not skin textures. ;)

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Aranvardo

« Reply #2122 on: April 25, 2010, 10:15:18 AM »
     So... in theory you can add unqiue faces by setting Player Character as a race... right? but of course that would mean you have to make orcs uruks humans from both sides, EVERY hero in one race... kind of messy...

DaBlade

« Reply #2123 on: April 25, 2010, 01:05:49 PM »
I'm not really a coder, but I think it's possible to have unique face textures and even hairstyles for players and heros. You just don't give them to the troops when setting the "range" for the face textures and hairstyles they'll use. Someone who knows better please correct me if I'm wrong.

We'll do it as long as we have enough face textures and hairstyles. Not sure about the scars though, but would be cool.

Offline Llew

• TLD dev team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: April 25, 2010, 05:18:25 PM »
I'm unsure how definite the face generating parameters are. They way it works is you get two face codes, assign them to a troop, and it creates randomized faced between the two.

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: April 27, 2010, 01:46:53 AM »
More races can't be added at the moment  so this suggestion is useless for now. I'll put it in anyway for if Warband has more available.

I remembered the Battle for Middle-Earth 2 game. And was wondering if some of the creatures form it could be considered. I'm not sure how close it is to the books, I recall them getting the license form the books for the game as well, anyway.
One thing that was in both was the Half-trolls, which seem much like, if not the same as, the Olog-Hai. They also have hill giants, and giant spiders that are mounted by goblins. I'm not sure which of these things are canonical, but they seem pretty good.

Just something to consider, for some point, I was figuring. If there's some interest, I'll dig up screen shots and such. Thanks.

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: April 27, 2010, 02:08:20 AM »
Yeah, they're mostly bull made up by EA.

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: April 27, 2010, 02:33:54 AM »
Ah... Well, the Olog-Hai were mentioned it seems. So they'd be a nice addition, I'd guess. They were only named in the appendices I think it said, but they were described in the book.

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: April 27, 2010, 02:36:42 AM »
Ah... Well, the Olog-Hai were mentioned it seems. So they'd be a nice addition, I'd guess. They were only named in the appendices I think it said, but they were described in the book.

Olog-Hai were in the old TLD and we already made new ones for the new one.

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: April 27, 2010, 03:47:36 AM »
Ah xD. I recall something about that. Too bad, since the stuff in BfME2 was pretty fun.