Author Topic: TLD: Suggestions  (Read 866675 times)

Offline trueten

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: TLD: Suggestions
« Reply #2205 on: May 11, 2010, 05:41:58 AM »
Figured I should tell you that, quite apparently, the maximum number of races for Warband is 15. Not sure what the number of races for M&B is.
I've heared somewhere that limit of races for 1.011 is 8.

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: May 11, 2010, 06:02:18 AM »
IF that's the case, we have an immense improvement to race numbers!

According to some guy, it's 16 rather than 15. Good either way, I'd say.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 08:02:11 AM by Conners »

Offline octoburn

• The Last Days Beta Tester
  • Picket Fence Cartel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: May 11, 2010, 10:26:51 AM »
the limit is 16 in MB 1.011. and we've already hit that limit :P if it's only 15 in WB, we'll have to consolidate another race :( don't see why they'd do that though...

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: May 11, 2010, 06:30:35 PM »
Drat! I guess it's 16, then..... why couldn't they have added a couple more slots? Drat... Wonder how hard it is to code in another coup[le of slots, from the more sourcey angle...

Offline Bloid

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: May 11, 2010, 10:44:37 PM »
An honourable Haradrim warrior, who urged his clan not to join Mordor. He's ready to kill himself in some place or another, and is reluctant at best to join you.
If you go this route, why not link him to the Blue Wizards who were sent to spread dissent in the East and South (in an earlier conception; later it was just East)? I suggested this earlier. Or you could use both ideas and make the latter a Rhunian or Khandian.

Also shieldmaidens of Rohan were women who received military training. They weren't Middle-earth Amazons.

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: May 12, 2010, 06:48:34 AM »
Yes, that's quite possible.

Not sure what your point with the Amazons is. Don't guess anyone here had that idea.... though it is quite possible.

Tautalos

« Reply #2211 on: May 12, 2010, 01:51:42 PM »
The point is that the shield maidens would only fight if the men were unavailable, and their strategy would revolve around defending their homes.
But, suppose a shield maiden found herself without a family... like, her husband got killed in the war, her property got overrun by dunlendings and she had to fight her way out of rape. And so, no family, no land, nothing else left but fight.

About a Far Harad hero, I like to imagine that most of the FH were actualy good guys, perhaps influenced by an 'old man Ishtarr' character or something(the wizard's influence was mentioned earlier). They would've spent many decades fighting off haradrim dominion, and most of the ones fighting for mordor would've been under a forced recruitment policy.

So the FH elders would choose the best of their warriors to travel north, help persuade his friends to turn on their captains and actually fight the real enemy. This would end up with us recruiting FH soldires directly from the enemy parties to our own.

I understand this is a farfetched idea, but there it is.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 01:55:18 PM by Tautalos »

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: May 12, 2010, 08:47:06 PM »
This mod is very interesting. Seems to be made by a Japanese modder. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,60024.0.html

Not saying to use the stuff in it, just thought it'd be interesting to look at the screenshots down the bottom. It reminds me of Starfox 64.

Offline Triglav

• Master
  • I'll bite your axe off!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: May 13, 2010, 08:37:03 AM »
This mod is very interesting. Seems to be made by a Japanese modder. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,60024.0.html

Not saying to use the stuff in it, just thought it'd be interesting to look at the screenshots down the bottom. It reminds me of Starfox 64.

I agree, many interesting features there!
"Of course, just by reading this forum you get a geek point. If you post you get a lifetime membership card.
If you contribute to the mod your praises are sung by the lords of dorkistan for an age and a half."
-Ancientwanker

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: May 13, 2010, 09:04:44 AM »
Being able to set your companions as leaders of the archers, cavalry, and infantry looked quite interesting. Speech windows are also very awesome, though it doesn't seem the best thing for a LotR mod.

Not sure if you want anyone asking about plans for future versions... but, it would help me to make more valid suggestions. Just wondering if you plan to have companion-quests, such as helping X get revenge against his long lost brother V. I can suggest a few if so.

DaBlade

« Reply #2215 on: May 13, 2010, 10:04:10 AM »
We might want to include companion-quests, but it's a bit too soon to be sure. We haven't started with quests yet; that will probably one of the last things in a long list of features to implement.

Feel free to post any ideas in case you're in the mood for it though :)

Aranvardo

« Reply #2216 on: May 13, 2010, 01:44:26 PM »
    What about custom commands? like ordering a certain group to harass or to attack a certain type of enemy troops...?
like for example: you could order your cavalry to attack archers only or cavalry only, and indicate your archers to attack infantry only... tough now that i wrote it sounds kind of both difficult to do and useless...

maybe preset orders, so when battle begins you already have your troops forming up at the beginning, for example: your archers advancing and the rest staying put... that sort of things... I think there's a Chinese something mod with advance formations, so it is possible... but i bet you already have something planned about this... anyway i had to make sure...

Also you could add (when given the: Capture a "place character name here" mission) the chance to challenge the let's call it "target" character to a duel before the battle, so you can knock it down before the battle begins and take it prisoner, also for the challenge battle you could add a Boost to the target to make him real strong and hard to kill, so the chances of taking a lieutenant or captain prisoner are really slim... And if you do not challenge him you'll definitely loose some men in battle in the hands of the commander, of course if you loose you'll start the battle wounded... (or maybe the target flees?)

Tautalos

« Reply #2217 on: May 13, 2010, 03:25:28 PM »
The one feature m&b still lacks is the ability to make custom battalions.

Aranvardo

« Reply #2218 on: May 13, 2010, 04:21:30 PM »
but i mean in battle, command as in order, not as in Special Task force... like you select the group CAVALRY, the pressed F3, (Default CHARGE!) and then press the group they should attack... in this case Archers, so it would be like this:

you press: "4" (select Cavalry); "F3" (Charge Command); & finally "3" (to indicate them to attack enemy archers)

in a combination: 1; F3; 1 you would be ordering all attack all
                             3 ; F3; 2 you would be ordering archers attack infantry only...

Get the picture? because i don't' know a better way to say it in English, Sorry

Tautalos

« Reply #2219 on: May 13, 2010, 04:48:12 PM »
I agree! It would require some good pathfinding to avoid your units from clashing into the wrong enemy battalion, but it would be a great feature.