Author Topic: PORTINGness  (Read 4015 times)

Offline Lord Of The Sith Lords

• Craftsman
  • Leprechaun turn to the dark side (we have cookies)
    • View Profile
PORTINGness
« on: December 07, 2007, 12:58:56 AM »
Ahadhran if your going to port the mod best way to do it is just start again then copy bits of script from the previous version and along with all your resources

best way to do it you could probably get it ported in a day just by copying it over  ;)
if you turn to the dark side you get cookies, if you turn to the light side you get brownies, if you are both light and dark you are smart cause you get cookies and brownies, if you don't have the force then your stupid cause you get nothing!

Offline Ahadhran

• Mysterious Old Man
    • View Profile
Re: PORTINGness
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 10:28:50 AM »
I've been doing about 12 hours of course work every day for the last 2 and a half weeks or so. I've barely had time to sleep  :lol:. After finals this next week I will have about three weeks of time to actually work on the mod.

The main problem is that even If I port everything over, the mod isn't finished by any means. There is still a plethora of scripting that needs to be done to have something thats worth playing, not to mention graphics work to get everything up and running with the newest versions. Hence the reason for not just doing a quick port and release. The mod in many respects is being completely rewritten from previous versions that were released.

Offline Lord Of The Sith Lords

• Craftsman
  • Leprechaun turn to the dark side (we have cookies)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 07:08:09 PM »
understandable,

you can tell i'm waiting for release lol

you don't have to have a finished mod for us to like it, like when it stopped being ported etc to other versions it was still one of the best mods ;)
if you turn to the dark side you get cookies, if you turn to the light side you get brownies, if you are both light and dark you are smart cause you get cookies and brownies, if you don't have the force then your stupid cause you get nothing!

Offline Ahadhran

• Mysterious Old Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 08:14:11 PM »
Thanks, I appreciate the support. I really would like to work on it and get it up and running but life just has this way of getting in the way  ::)