Author Topic: (old) TLD Help needed: Models and Voices  (Read 493887 times)

Petrovski

Re: TLD: Help needed: Models, Voices & Miscellaneous Jobs
« Reply #600 on: June 23, 2009, 05:32:28 pm »
Hi there, three questions:

1: Do you still need vocal talent? I'm an english speaking actor and I'd love to add something of myself to this project.

2: Do you still need modellers? I've done wings stuff before, not sure how many polys you would want in a weapon say, but this 715 tris:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f313/it01w22/Eowyn-1.jpg

(You'll probably say its too Jacksonesque for this project...

3: Would you want the models in the game or just as a model file like OBJ? (I wouldn't know where to start to get them in game...)

Cheers,

Petrovski

DaBlade

« Reply #601 on: June 23, 2009, 05:55:20 pm »
Hey Petrovski, welcome to the TLD forum here at MBX.

1: Yes, we do. Take a look at the first page and see if there's something you'd like to do. We can discuss things latter if you wish, feel free to PM me about it.

2: Yes, all the time. That's a nice sword, by the way. We don't mind having some movie-inspired stuff if it doesn't go against what's in the books ;)

3: We can take care of that, no problem. Do you have a texture for it already? I'd have to check it out with the guys, but we probably could use that sword.

Offline azile0

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 24, 2009, 08:27:55 pm »
Gah. My microphone stopped working now that my voice has matured to an acceptable point. I guess I have to shell out another $30 for a good one.

Offline azile0

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 17, 2009, 04:37:15 pm »
Replaced. Could we get an update on what voice jobs still need doing?

DaBlade

« Reply #604 on: August 17, 2009, 05:25:13 pm »
Replaced. Could we get an update on what voice jobs still need doing?

Do you think you can do orcs? What about elves?

Offline timhavens

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 24, 2009, 07:29:00 pm »
So, are you guys needing coders mostly at this point since the project is proceeding sans Ancientwanker?  If so, I may be able to help.  I haven't done much modding work with M&B, but I majored in computer engineering, and am a competent (if rusty) programmer.  Let me know what sort of stuff needs doing, and I can at least see if I'd be capable.

Offline Northcott

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 28, 2009, 01:16:44 pm »
Heya, guys.  I'm new to M&B, having only been playing for a month or so, but stumbled across your mod and did my little geek squeal of glee.  I loved Tolkien's work, was sort of lukewarm about the movies (never finished watching them), so finding out that there's a mod being developed by people who are even nuttier about Tolkien than I am? Awesome. :D  

And I only say 'nuttier' because I've forgotten a great deal over the years. ;)

Anyway -- I'm afraid I can't be of much help, but I'd like to lend a hand where and when I can.  I'm just not sure of what you guys need.  is there any NPC development left to do? Quest and/or dialogue trees to be written? Concept sketches to be done? (I can't model worth a damn, but I'm a professional illustrator... and periodically turn out decent texture/skin alterations for models, if given a base to work from.)  

I'm figuring you're probably well past these stages, but figured I'd offer just in case you can still use a hand.

Offline azile0

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 31, 2009, 12:18:54 pm »
PM DaBlade. Help is always appreciated. As for the voice work, I could give orcs a try.

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #608 on: October 31, 2009, 12:34:43 pm »
Northcott, do you have any kind of portfolio I could look at?

TLD is not a normal production really, there is always a need for new concept art/ texture.s
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

octoburn

« Reply #609 on: October 31, 2009, 09:16:50 pm »
I was corresponding for a while (over a month) with Northcott about a few Corsair armor textures I was interested in having done. Haven't heard back from him in over a month, though.

Offline Shik

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: December 08, 2009, 09:26:52 pm »
Hey guys, if you still need some scripters, I'm willing to help out. I'm a bit busy with other projects, but I think I might be able to contribute a little bit.

Offline Brutus

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 08, 2009, 09:46:50 pm »
Hi Shik.  I think we would benefit greatly from some additional scripting support.  Im just a hack, as you already know. :D  But i am pretty confident we could use a script jockey or two, or eight. :P

I'll find out.

forcem

« Reply #612 on: January 25, 2010, 05:20:19 am »
Hi.  :green:

nice find this mod, incredible art work, i see that you donĀ“t based in films because of that i wonder if you go to use the soundtrack of the film. i can offer my service as musican  :D
for example here the soundtrak that i made for 1144 almohade invasion mod http://www.hispasonicos.com/index.php?controller=track&action=play&id=30742

Offline Kazzan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 26, 2010, 12:20:49 pm »
Pagan is currently doing the music for this mod, and that song you made is awesome.  :P

forcem

« Reply #614 on: January 29, 2010, 05:18:36 pm »
thanks Kazzan, if youwant a song tell me to do it  ;)