login

Author Topic: (old) TLD Help needed: Models and Voices  (Read 493905 times)

Manji

Re: TLD: Help needed: Models, Voices & Miscellaneous Jobs
« Reply #570 on: May 07, 2009, 04:08:35 pm »
Hello there.
First of all, hope all is going well with the current version and that we can all enjoy it... soonish.  ;)

Secondly, I don't know if you guys are still looking for voiceovers/voice artists, i'm not a professional but I've got a micro and i'm willing to help if it's (still)needed. Not quite sure what miscellaneous jobs you need (i'm handy with photoshop) but anything you guys need, count me in.  :D

Btw, my voice is midtone and my english is a bit american-accented; since i'm Portuguese I can also speak with a "european english" accent and the tone is stronger in low tense and lighter in high tense . I reckon my voice would probably be more fitting for the Haradrim/Rhun/Variag factions but I leave that up to you.

Cheers ;)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 04:16:33 pm by Manji »

DaBlade

« Reply #571 on: May 07, 2009, 06:48:28 pm »
Thanks Manji :)

Yeah, we are always willing to hear more voice guys. I'll take a look and see what we might still need, and then I'll send you a PM.

marcigaglio

« Reply #572 on: May 08, 2009, 07:15:10 pm »
Sorry for my bad english. excuse me if I post a stupid question...but, you working at new version of TLD??? if yes I would help you. but I'm not a programmer or professional modder. Rather I'm a deeply understanding and knowing of Tolkien. If you want maps with villages or people's limit or cultural differences, the particulary of some race of Middle-earth, or other, I'm at your service.    :D

DaBlade

« Reply #573 on: May 08, 2009, 08:08:50 pm »
Thanks marcigaglio, we'll keep that in mind :)

And yes, we have been working on a new version for a long time. We don't know when it will be ready, but there's a lot of stuff done already ;)

weren

« Reply #574 on: May 09, 2009, 11:27:05 am »
Oi, i've done Some voiceacting too, for DayDream-mod. If you're intrested i could help ye too.

DaBlade

« Reply #575 on: May 09, 2009, 11:47:19 am »
Hi weren. Sure, what would you like to do? Take a look at the first page for some references.

I'd be glad to hear some samples, send me a PM whenever you have something done ;)

weren

« Reply #576 on: May 10, 2009, 06:22:11 am »
I think i could do any of them. Expect the dwarwes, they might be a bit of a challenge. We'll see. :)

Well i prepared few samples, Dablade. Check your pm's. ;)

DaBlade

« Reply #577 on: May 10, 2009, 09:32:44 am »
I think i could do any of them. Expect the dwarwes, they might be a bit of a challenge. We'll see. :)

Well i prepared few samples, Dablade. Check your pm's. ;)

Cool, sent you a PM already.

marcigaglio

« Reply #578 on: May 14, 2009, 02:32:25 pm »
the maps remains the same of old version?
because the times to cover the distances aren't realistic.
and there are only a few settlements, villages or castles.

DaBlade

« Reply #579 on: May 14, 2009, 02:40:23 pm »
the maps remains the same of old version?
because the times to cover the distances aren't realistic.
and there are only a few settlements, villages or castles.

This is not the place to ask those kind of questions (unless you're offering to help), bu no; there's a new map in the works and it will be even bigger.

marcigaglio

« Reply #580 on: May 14, 2009, 02:44:11 pm »
sorry... ::) , it's all right.      however thank for your answer

DaBlade

« Reply #581 on: May 14, 2009, 03:14:02 pm »
No problem.

marcigaglio

« Reply #582 on: May 14, 2009, 04:23:26 pm »
Ah,I can calculate the distances (in days) in all part of Middle-hearth. Interest?
Tomorrow'm going out of my city, but I'm going to return sunday afternoon, so I think.  Hi.

DaBlade

« Reply #583 on: May 14, 2009, 05:54:46 pm »
Ah,I can calculate the distances (in days) in all part of Middle-hearth. Interest?
Tomorrow'm going out of my city, but I'm going to return sunday afternoon, so I think.  Hi.

Yeah, I think it could be interesting to have that kind of information. Maybe we could ask (for example) a traveller in Minas Tirith how many days it would take to go to the Rivendel camp - for a price :)

marcigaglio

« Reply #584 on: May 15, 2009, 03:12:44 am »
from the east gate of moria for Minas-tirith tre are 560 miles through air (in rectilineal line) [like 901,2 Km.  If 1 mile = 1.6093 Km]. Normally, I think, a little group or company of people[human] (about 10-20) cover a distance of 25 miles [about 40 km] in one walking day (it's 9 or 10 hours of nomal speed walk, with a bit pause if you want.  I DON'T TAKE take the NIGHT) through UNEVEN terrain just. Therefore thare are 22 days about, but about 11 if you walking also on the night. fewer if you riding horses. less if you running [or if you are an elf]. more if you are a fat dwarf. On a way (a street, beaten track, path) all walking more fast.

Lòrien is 60-65 miles lenght. the elves are going to go through 1 (or max 1,5) days less.