Author Topic: (old) TLD Help needed: Models and Voices  (Read 459141 times)

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: TLD: Help needed: Models, Voices & Miscellaneous Jobs
« Reply #555 on: February 12, 2009, 10:24:57 pm »
Hey, the hit boxes CAN be changed in the module_skins.py file.  There's a number just after the skeleton name, that defines scale.  It doesn't work perfectly ... in fact, there are significant bugs if you try to go too large (as it conflicts with the ground when the characters fall).  However, it will scale the hit-box.  I am certain of that ... I've been testing it.

Going larger, like for trolls, is going to be a pain, however.  Also, getting them to use any kind of equipment properly is not going to be easy.

Still, AW hit the nail on the head.  Hit boxes ... that can be done.  Equipment is the problem.

Offline Ancientwanker

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 12, 2009, 10:35:33 pm »
Yeah, I know. I've been watching scale closely.  Quite a surprise when I killed my first troll with an arrow to his left.

Hopefully Thorgrim comes back to sort out the rest.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 10:37:56 pm by Ancientwanker »

Pas-2

« Reply #557 on: February 22, 2009, 05:43:46 am »
Is this Mod still being done? I could help with some 3D-modelling, animations and especially with exterior/interior architectural models (since that is what I've been doing for living last two years). So does some buildings need doing?

Aki

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #558 on: February 22, 2009, 07:14:54 am »
definitely! Wait for Ancientwanker's response, he'll know what exactly is needed.

Take a look at our Preview thread, that's new. ;)
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline azile0

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: March 26, 2009, 01:58:46 pm »
Ugh, I feel so useless. I don't have any useful talent, even though I've been using Wings for almost 3 months. I still make crappy models.

Offline Llew

• TLD dev team
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: March 26, 2009, 05:33:39 pm »
Ugh, I feel so useless. I don't have any useful talent, even though I've been using Wings for almost 3 months. I still make crappy models.
Your sig makes you worthwhile, fear naught.  :P

But really, the reason you don't make good models is because you are using wings, not Blender. Come to the Light side, for we rock! ;)

Offline FleshyStarfish

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 27, 2009, 03:37:31 am »
Your sig makes you worthwhile, fear naught.  :P

But really, the reason you don't make good models is because you are using wings, not Blender. Come to the Light side, for we rock! ;)

I would say that 3D Max is even better, although I've heard that its harder to import models from this program into M&B.  Supposedly Wings 3D is easiest...

FS
hay wud up guys u shud mak a mod about lyk stuff i dunno wut but it wuld b kool lyk mabe gangstas were u start ur gang n fite mofos huh
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,50345.msg1300951.html#msg130

Offline azile0

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: March 27, 2009, 01:22:59 pm »
~Frantically downloads Blender~

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: March 27, 2009, 08:53:06 pm »
~Frantically downloads Blender~

This is your brain ... this is your brain in "Blender" ... any questions?

I mean, really ... I mean, I do all my models in Wings.  So does Fujiwara, incidentally ... so everything you see in Onin-no-Ran was a Wings 3D project, plus rigging with FragMotion.  Not too many people would claim those graphics to be inferior.  (Heck, most of them are accurate enough to use as academic research on Japanese weapons of the period.)

It's not the program's fault.  It's just a matter of sitting down and doing it.  Some concentration, some basic geometry, and a good idea of what you want the finished product to look like, and you're set.  Most often, however, bad models result from any or all of those things being absent ... not knowing what you really want to build being the largest contributor.

I really believe that anybody can learn 3D models ... I did, totally self-taught in a matter of days, with zero previous experience.  And it doesn't matter what program you use, just so long as you spend enough time with it to really understand the interface.  (Incidentally, blender and 3dsmax will both take considerably longer to learn the interface.  They do a little more, but added complication is the price.)  Don't believe anybody who insists you just have to use one program or another, and don't assume that just because they like it, that you will necessarily get along with the interface as well.  (Blender gives me a headache just looking at it, but some people love it.)

Offline Llew

• TLD dev team
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 28, 2009, 11:20:38 am »
Aww come off it, Ron. I was partly joking, but now that your so serious about dissing Blender, I'm gonna have to defend it.  ;)
I really believe that anybody can learn 3D models ... I did, totally self-taught in a matter of days, with zero previous experience.
Not everyone is a wonderboy like you. :P Who knows, maybe all azile needs is a different program to make it come together. You yourself said it doesn't matter what program you use, so long as you stick with it.

(Blender gives me a headache just looking at it, but some people love it.)
Exactly! Wings gives me a headache just thinking about it. Let alone looking at it. :P

And now, to help him along the way, here's a youtube link to a guy who does some very nice tuts for Blender. This stuff deals with basics of stuff like UVmapping (wicked good), mirror modeling and some other handy features of Blender. Although you'll probably not want to look at them until you're at least a little comfortable with the interface.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=3DMacDaddy&view=videos&start=20

DarthDavis

« Reply #565 on: March 29, 2009, 05:08:28 am »
yeah, providing you get used to the interface, which I will concede is quite good in blender.... assuming you grok darkside. It feels like you must be the acolyte of polys to use it. however i have ony used it long ago.

Oh and BTW, hello everyone! I got MandB a long time ago but I just started playing again now. I would love to help out with models and textures if you want.... in Modo (boo ya!) so I guess I will pm someone here. Onin no rahn is particularly interesting to me as I live in Japan, but I am a fully qualified tolkien-head, having read the books like 5 times before I hit pubert (and then, strangely, my priorities changed ... ) so I would love to help out with TLD too, which I am playing more anyway.

J.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 05:11:35 am by DarthDavis »

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: March 29, 2009, 06:24:04 am »
cool, that'd be nice, there's always stuff that need modeling. Do you have any previous works we could take a look at? AW will probably PM you...

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

DarthDavis

« Reply #567 on: March 30, 2009, 06:34:52 am »
sure, go to: http://public.me.com/davisjess and download the file "portfolio_sep08.zip"

It's a zipped website, about 50 mb (big turntable vids) of some of the stuff I did last summer. I was working on a game that is still in development. You will need quicktime for the pretties. Just unzip and open index.html

EDIT: I should stipulate that I am no good at rigging, but I would like to try, if necessary
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 10:27:27 am by DarthDavis »

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 30, 2009, 09:13:32 am »
Nice, I like the mints and the insect :)

edit: ooo, fluent Japanese! cool. ;)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 09:32:46 am by Merlkir »

aquiefrog

« Reply #569 on: April 13, 2009, 12:26:39 am »
Um... A while back I made some helmets for TLD, but I completely forgot whether I actually sent in the models and the files, so I'm posting it here again just to be sure.  Just the .obj files.  There's no LOD models as I don't know how.

link: http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/PDdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=6&lid=1203