Author Topic: (old) TLD Help needed: Models and Voices  (Read 459140 times)

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
Re: TLD: Help needed: Models, Voices & Miscellaneous Jobs
« Reply #525 on: November 03, 2008, 03:12:07 am »
yeah, better screens would be nice. I actually made that outfit before, but it was blurry and we didn't use it.
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Trying2ShowReason

« Reply #526 on: November 03, 2008, 01:20:18 pm »
Yeah when iread the comments i instantly had a "a-ha" moment because of the vambraces XD you are all right i completely overlooked them  i'll work on that tonight and also do something with the blackroot symbol, as i totally with the variety of gondorian troops,making them unique inside the faction and at the same time all looking similar :P

Thanks for the feedback and the critics, i really want to improve ;)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 03:11:47 pm by Trying2ShowReason »

Trying2ShowReason

« Reply #527 on: November 03, 2008, 05:42:58 pm »
Ok i've done some little tweaks on it: included the blackroot crest on it, removed the gondorian tree, didn't forget the vambraces this time  :P and i also changed to another style of collar.
I tried to give the Stone of Erech symbol a kind of a torn-up,used and rushed sewing look, because at times of war no artisan would spend too much time on sewing a perfect crest/symbol into the clothing.. i tried to exteriorizate that feel. just that kind of detail to give some immersion ( no one goes on brand new clothing to war except a few lords ).
also, i alongated the white side of the "coat", if u compare at the previous version you will notice the diff. Hope you guys like it

The detail on the back, took a better shot of it to a better look. made it just to get that kind of feel of ancient yet detailed clothing that the movie intrinsecated on us

if you notice, if you zoom in too much on them, they become kind of unclear, but at medium-close and far distance they are cool.. i'm trying to overcome that but i think in the midst of the battles you wont have time to notice that issue.. i hope. any hints on i can improve that are welcome. and i can work on some boots for them too if u want ! Thanks XD
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 05:47:37 pm by Trying2ShowReason »

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 04, 2008, 01:08:51 am »
it's awfully blurry :( so you're running on medium texture quality? it'd be better to at least try highest quality to see how the texture is. If that doesn't work, we'll think of something..

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

DaBlade

« Reply #529 on: November 04, 2008, 01:44:43 am »
Yep. And I think the blue part is probably too saturated. I like the leather attachements, too bad they're so blurry.

octoburn

« Reply #530 on: November 04, 2008, 04:13:30 am »
overall, it's a good start, but too rough.

the new collar looks weird, I'm really not sure what's going on with it.
the belt has a little blue in the middle of the back.
the symbol on the back very closely resembles some symbols that are being used on Elven equipment.

the straps I still like, but as mentioned, very blurry. still don't like the lacing down the front. maybe you could put some straps on the chest similar to the others? maybe one right under the neck, and one both above and below the BRV symbol.

that's my $.02 :D

Trying2ShowReason

« Reply #531 on: November 04, 2008, 06:26:09 am »
yeah i want to make'em more sharp too as i said on the post but dunno what's happening. i'll try to find a way

but the idea itself is it good? ( forget the blurry issue )

Offline azile0

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 21, 2008, 11:37:41 am »
Crank up all your details, just for this. If your computer can't play well with it all at the max, just take your pictures and lower the quality again. Try turning on antialiasing, turn up detail, Dynamic lighting, but turn down the grass density ( For boosted frames. ) and then make sure that you're on DX9 shades.

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 12, 2009, 07:06:57 am »
I found a few videos that could be useful for elven voice actors:

Tolkien recites in Quenya:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6de_SbVUVfA&feature=related

and in Sindarin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdfYy4gW9L4&feature=related

DaBlade

« Reply #534 on: January 13, 2009, 01:29:09 am »
Nice find :)

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 13, 2009, 02:12:03 am »
I just noticed it's a Chamber of Records channel :D

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 10, 2009, 12:00:18 am »
Guys:

Been working on an off-the-wall project, if you haven't seen it:

http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,1653.msg33588.html#msg33588

Anyway, there are a bunch of low-poly but very clean weapons models there ... If you need any of them, either in their current form or if you want to retexture them, have at it.  They're at least a chance to replace some of the very ugly Native axes, maces, and polearms.  RCM stats in the items file (source with the download), if you want Native-based stats, you will have to make those up for yourselves.  (Not sure if TLD is still planning to be in two versions next time, or not.)

The rest of my bizarre project is likely not useful to TLD, unfortunately, as TLD already has better versions of most of it.  But the weapon models might be useful.

Offline Ancientwanker

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 10, 2009, 02:40:16 am »
Hey thanks. 

I probably wont look for awhile yet, Im leaving weapon sorting for last.

Offline HokieBT

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 10, 2009, 10:05:00 am »

FYI - Geroj created a smaller Dwarf (creative rigging) for the Midkemia mod I'm working on...  The hitboxes are still the human skeleton, but let me know if you have any interest.

Offline Ancientwanker

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 10, 2009, 10:56:07 am »
That looks cool.  I figured I could creatively rig if it came to it but that opens up a lot of problems with gear looting, animations, hitboxes, etc.   We're gonna leave dwarves until the end and we'll see what the options are then.

But thanks for the offer.  In general though I dont use stuff from other mods, its just not as fun to make and I only do this for fun.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 01:01:09 pm by Ancientwanker »