Author Topic: (old) TLD Help needed: Models and Voices  (Read 493234 times)

DaBlade

Re: TLD: Help needed: Models, Voices & Miscellaneous Jobs
« Reply #510 on: November 01, 2008, 12:59:08 am »
@ The Snuke:
The image is not showing for me. You could maybe try imageshack or photobucket to host your images; those usually work as expected.

@ Trying2ShowReason:
Do you want to give it a shot at something we could use in TLD?

Trying2ShowReason

« Reply #511 on: November 01, 2008, 05:24:50 am »

@ Trying2ShowReason:
Do you want to give it a shot at something we could use in TLD?

Yeah sure ! ofc i'd like to texture your own models but for now i guess i'll use some native models... So u want me to do something similar but as if it was already to put on TLD?

DaBlade

« Reply #512 on: November 01, 2008, 05:45:55 am »
Yeah, that's what we all do most of the times. We have very few custom armor models, almost all are just native models with our own textures on them ;)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 05:48:55 am by DaBlade »

Trying2ShowReason

« Reply #513 on: November 01, 2008, 05:59:53 am »
haha okay i'll do something and hope you like it , when i comeback from work i'll start out pronto ;)

Doppelganger

« Reply #514 on: November 01, 2008, 06:45:29 am »
i think new version of tld will release 1.010 +

DaBlade

« Reply #515 on: November 01, 2008, 06:55:02 am »
haha okay i'll do something and hope you like it , when i comeback from work i'll start out pronto ;)

Forgot to say you may want to take a look at Merlkir's concept art and maybe make something based on it. Doesn't have to be armor, make whatever you wish.

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #516 on: November 01, 2008, 07:11:30 am »
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

The Snuke

« Reply #517 on: November 01, 2008, 10:37:00 am »
I'll post the link itself; if it doesn't work ill re-upload.

http://sleekupload.com/uploads/vest_desert_copy_1.jpg

DaBlade

« Reply #518 on: November 01, 2008, 10:52:30 am »
I'll post the link itself; if it doesn't work ill re-upload.

http://sleekupload.com/uploads/vest_desert_copy_1.jpg

It wasn't showing in IE, but I could see it using Firefox. Looks good.

So, do you wanna try something from Merlkir's concept art? Or something of you own, but LOTR style?

The Snuke

« Reply #519 on: November 01, 2008, 03:56:36 pm »
Umm idk which ones are already uv mapped?

Offline Taal

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 01, 2008, 11:27:04 pm »
This was supposed to be in this thread, I have no idea how it ended up in the concept art thread:

I propose a list of things, and corresponding concept art or detailed description, that people who wish to contribute can pick from. This list needant have spoiler content just the usual filler models needed for the game. Other more important models can be on a per PM basis. This list would just make it easier for those wishing to contribute to do so with as little mucking around as possible.

Trying2ShowReason

« Reply #521 on: November 02, 2008, 04:27:03 pm »
Ok first try, worked on a Blackroot Vale Archer, inspired and based on Merklir's own concept art  http://merlkir.deviantart.com/art/Blackroot-Vale-Archer-89255545

( Btw merk, you are awesome drawing) hope you like it. Instead of the "yinyang" like circle, i incorporated a detail of the gondor white tree on the fabric. If it conflicts with the lore surely i can change that :P

The Snuke

« Reply #522 on: November 02, 2008, 05:17:46 pm »

The dwarven scout from merk's devart page. Not very satisfied, but meh.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 05:19:57 pm by The Snuke »

octoburn

« Reply #523 on: November 02, 2008, 09:28:00 pm »
Ok first try, worked on a Blackroot Vale Archer, inspired and based on Merklir's own concept art  http://merlkir.deviantart.com/art/Blackroot-Vale-Archer-89255545

( Btw merk, you are awesome drawing) hope you like it. Instead of the "yinyang" like circle, i incorporated a detail of the gondor white tree on the fabric. If it conflicts with the lore surely i can change that :P

not that bad, IMO. I like it.

the "ying/yang" like symbol is supposed to be representative of the Stone of Erech, which is located in the Blackroot Vale. it was something to differentiate them from the standard Gondor troops (similar to how the Clansmen of Lamedon use a different Gondor tree - one I designed-  than the standard troops if you want to try incorperating that, it'd probably go a ways towards keeping the troops within the GOndor units diverse among themselves.

I like how it straps down the side, under the armpits. not sure about the lacing down the front though.

also, a small nitpick, try to make the vambraces a bit more original. the ones on it look exactly like the native ones.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 09:30:44 pm by octoburn »

DaBlade

« Reply #524 on: November 03, 2008, 02:58:43 am »
Trying2ShowReason, regarding screenshots, it would be nice to have whatever you want to show us facing the sun. That way we could see it better.

Doesn't look bad. I agree with octo, some nice venbraces would make it look better. The texture for those is part of the splinted greaves texture.