Author Topic: (old) TLD Help needed: Models and Voices  (Read 493921 times)

Offline Barf

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: TLD: Help needed: Models, Voices & Miscellaneous Jobs
« Reply #495 on: October 09, 2008, 11:05:45 am »
can I be of any use here?.
I have already sent a message to Ancientwanker about 10 days ago but still no response.
I made this model (its conan) took me 3 days.

heres a t-90m tank i made for another game but never finished because mod group epic failed

I would love to help TLD mod in any way.

Offline Triglav

• Master
  • I'll bite your axe off!
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 09, 2008, 11:12:34 am »
Well now...  :D

Welcome.

Does this Conan of yours work in M&B's ingame face editor?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 11:23:26 am by Triglav »
"Of course, just by reading this forum you get a geek point. If you post you get a lifetime membership card.
If you contribute to the mod your praises are sung by the lords of dorkistan for an age and a half."
-Ancientwanker

Offline Barf

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 09, 2008, 02:21:08 pm »
Hurrah, me bes accepted. but sadly no  :( I tried to make a face that would work with the in-game face editor but that didn't go over too well and everyone looked the same, so this is just a helmet right now.

DaBlade

« Reply #498 on: October 09, 2008, 04:31:49 pm »
Hey Barf, welcome! :)

That T90m looks kickass! :D

Ancientwanker was in the process of moving to a new house last time I spoke to him, so I guess he's been pretty busy these days. I'm sure he'll get back to you as soon as possible.

There is always a lot of things to do in the modeling department, so I'm sure we can use your help. Can you make and rig armor?

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #499 on: October 10, 2008, 04:59:01 am »
The Conan head is pretty good I'd say. I wish Stefano left a tutorial how to create those scaleable faces. Because...you know, I really want new elven and human heads :)
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Oroonin

« Reply #500 on: October 10, 2008, 03:18:05 pm »
I´ve always thought the "goblins" were just an earlier name for orcs as they feature in the hobbit but not in the triology? I´d say the orc-heads are very good the way they are, close to the impression you get from the books, brutish and misshapen and yet slightly human- not some fantasy-battles monsters. I´d stay well clear off anything resembling warhammer-stuff as it´s a different lore alltogether. most of the orcheads presented in the films are actually quite far off the mark from what you read- think the lad with the goatee outside minas tirith...some nice models do appear in minas morgul though.

vonGajsek

« Reply #501 on: October 24, 2008, 10:24:49 am »
Do you need any help for the voices?

Offline Brutus

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 24, 2008, 11:58:16 am »
I´ve always thought the "goblins" were just an earlier name for orcs as they feature in the hobbit but not in the triology? I´d say the orc-heads are very good the way they are, close to the impression you get from the books, brutish and misshapen and yet slightly human- not some fantasy-battles monsters. I´d stay well clear off anything resembling warhammer-stuff as it´s a different lore alltogether. most of the orcheads presented in the films are actually quite far off the mark from what you read- think the lad with the goatee outside minas tirith...some nice models do appear in minas morgul though.

There was an actual statement in one of the trilogy books where they describe orcs are large goblins.  With the largest of the orcs standing about man-height.

DaBlade

« Reply #503 on: October 24, 2008, 12:13:26 pm »
Do you need any help for the voices?

Yeah, we could always use some more voices. Take a look at the first page in this thread and see if there's anything there you'd like to do.

If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM anytime.

The Snuke

« Reply #504 on: October 30, 2008, 01:41:40 am »
This mod has really caught my eye; if you dev's are still in need of an experienced texture artist, please drop me a message on msn :D

seniorsatterlee34@home.com

E/ oh yeah, i have a smooth, deep, jazz voice and any voice acting would be pretty fun. i need to get a mic first tho :P

DaBlade

« Reply #505 on: October 30, 2008, 03:24:51 am »
This mod has really caught my eye; if you dev's are still in need of an experienced texture artist, please drop me a message on msn :D

seniorsatterlee34@home.com

E/ oh yeah, i have a smooth, deep, jazz voice and any voice acting would be pretty fun. i need to get a mic first tho :P

Hi Snuke. We're usually more in need of moddelers than texturers. Can you shows us some samples of your work? Maybe we could use your help for something.

The Snuke

« Reply #506 on: October 30, 2008, 11:28:28 pm »
Sure, I'll get on it tomorrow; just got home and i'm dead-beat tired :[

Trying2ShowReason

« Reply #507 on: October 31, 2008, 03:55:31 pm »
Hi guys ... i want to help in anything to the mod , especially texturing , ( i'd love to model but idont know how to) , some of the items created to this awesome mod and its conversion to 1.x.  i usyally mess around with native textures and try my own luck with them.. i'll post a couple of images of a retexture i did and you guys can decide if i am of good use or just can keep the help for myself  :-[ here u go i hope i can be useful 

Royal Plate Armor  and Shield for Native

http://

it needs a little polishing some edges but... i kinda rushed it out and i noticed that the previous post was off topic so i put it in here again . Sorry thanks

The Snuke

« Reply #508 on: October 31, 2008, 06:33:52 pm »
I believe they are more interested in texture artists who create their own textures, as opposed to recolors.

Here is a combat vest in ERDL that i made for fun; it is meant to replace the default one for the marine in Insmod.

Trying2ShowReason

« Reply #509 on: October 31, 2008, 07:22:05 pm »
I believe they are more interested in texture artists who create their own textures, as opposed to recolors.

Here is a combat vest in ERDL that i made for fun; it is meant to replace the default one for the marine in Insmod.

I just work with the image itself...  the mapping and modelling or w/e i dont know how otherwise i'd do it but i just want to be useful and perhaps learn more stuff  ;)
i have the strange desire to make this Tolkien related mod the most interesting and visually beautiful thing ever  hehe